Magnus

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3D is amazingly simple. It's worked great 20 years ago and before and probably won't improve much. The problem is half the movies coming out weren't in 3d weren't even originally filmed in 3d, or the content was too static to fully take advantage of 3d.

My best 3d experience ever was at the omni-max in dallas where they filmed a super high resolution 3d video of a plane flying through the grand canyon-- or some canyon. And that was like 15 years ago.

I also think avatar's biggest strength was its use of 3d and cgi. Without the massive iMax in front of you and 3d, it just sucks ass. I tried watching it on my tv and speakers, where I usually enjoy movies, but avatar was just so bad.

Edited by Twisted Metal

I have been told by eyedoctor people that I don't have depth perception, so I assume that I am probably not seeing 3D correctly, which is probably why I don't like it. It just seems like a waste of time to me.

I saw Avatar in 2D and thought it was fine, although as usual I found the fictional universe more interesting than the story they were telling. For that reason, I have higher hopes for the sequels than I gather is the norm.

I really don't get how people can have such strong reactions to this movie, positive or negative. I guess it looked a little bit better than other stuff, but I only notice graphics quality type stuff for like two minutes before immersion/suspension of disbelief kick in and I don't really care. Its plot wasn't bad enough that I couldn't be immersed to the point where I noticed the visuals, and I really liked the dynamics of some scenes (mostly just with the humans, actually. One of the scenes with the video log thing, and that scene in the cell when they're arrested, are the ones that stick out), but it mostly was not anything special.

It seems like people either really like it because it's pushing some technical boundery that they're pretending to understand so they can be cool, or really don't like it because it's popular and successful. I am okay with it.

It seems like people either really like it because it's pushing some technical boundery that they're pretending to understand so they can be cool, or really don't like it because it's popular and successful.

That's an idiotic overgeneralization.

I liked it cuz it looked fucking rad.

Might be that motion plus shit? You know how a lot of TVs now are advertised as like 240hz and shit, although nothing has 240fps. The tv has to interpolate false frames that sometimes people describe as soap opera effect, whatever that is. Edited by Twisted Metal