Beak

Mom

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/twisted_metal_2/schematic%20request%20thread/beak.jpg

Frame:

Head | Core | Arms | Legs

Eye3 | EOS | A72F | LN85

0/10/0/0/0 | 5/0/0/5/0 | 4/0/0/6/0 | 4/6/0/0/0

Internal:

Booster | FCS | Generator | Radiator

- | F69 | G69 | Hazel

- | - | 0/10/0 | 0/0/10

Weapons:

R Arm | L Arm | R Hanger | L Hanger

BP | HP | - | -

R Back | L Back | Extension | Inside

- | Echidna2 | - | Medusa

Optional:

Amino | ES | SS | L+ | Codon | Marishi

Poke and punish using BP at close-medium range while you play out the match with AP lead. Doubles as a nice jouster as well. Echidna2 should only be used at beginning of match against things that are relative slow and/or high ap. Notable numbers: 9089 ap, 1911/1475 defense, 495kph after echidna drop.

I built it around shell defense, because the main culprits for hitting hovers tend to be missiles, handguns and things with large projectile radius (ie grenades). It's harder for a hover to twitch dodge those. A lot of the power energy guns like shade and griffon can still be dodged rather easily. I would be concerned with the possible Geryon3 from time to time though, but I have to make some tradeoffs to ultimately cater the hover for what it's meant to do. Edited by TMRaven

I generally have an equal concern for energy and solid attacks. In your case, you still have as good a chance as any to eat energy rounds because 3 of the best hand weapons are energy (mini-k, shade, and griffon), which all happen to be high accuracy guns. I don't think they'll be "dodged very easily" if the person using them is competent.

I don't think I'd change anything on the bot, but I do that your logic is weak.

EDIT: Because you're getting so upset about my post, I'd like to make it known that I actually really like the bot.

Edited by Penguin Deus

In comparison to missiles and large projectiles, they are avoided easier for this particular bot. It's a stylistic choice to gouge the shell defense so I can shrug off those rounds easier.

And nah I'm not mad over it, you seem to like insinuating that from time to time though! I knew from the getgo that those select high accuracy energy guns were hard to dodge in general so there's no trying to cover up a fallacy that I never had to begin with-- just a confusion over diction and wording (or lack of wording)

Edited by TMRaven

Through the recent use of the hover and the times I used it years back, it never seemed like echidna hit that much. I had considered using harpy in place of it, but it's considerably more or an investment than echidna. There's also the problem with F69 only having one lock as well.

Yah, Echidna was pretty crap honestly. I don't remember it doing much of anything in any of our matches, but I think you dropped it right away in most. I agree with that decision since I feel Echidna is more for blowing up slow bots or overboard gouged bots so I don't think it's good weapon to use vs anything but my tank when fighting me, really.

I don't think Shade is any more of a big deal for this bot than any other bot, though. Which is still a big deal, but not a special case. Hovers at range can brake cancel dodge Shade shots good enough and the 9000 AP buffer is pretty huge. Rushdown in general seems to mess Beak up. That's how I won one of those hover vs hover matches and it's also how I took the lead in two of the others (we got desynced in one and he took lead back in another after my legs shattered).

Fenrir, Mini-K, and Griffon are the big things he should really try to avoid fighting. I wouldn't even bring this bot into a fight against a competent player using one of those three weapons. Otherwise I actually like the AC. It's definitely different from LCC's hover and my hover, haha.

Well the one match you caught me trying to shoot off an echidna and dumped lots of missiles into my face. So I lost the match then in there in the first 5 seconds. The other matches I was bumrushing you even with ap lead, which is just something I like to do with it.

Even in a match vs lcc's gouged orbit/rifle bot I stole ap lead from it but still decided to rushdown and eventaully gave ap lead away. It's not that the bot can't handle up-close situations, it just can't handle having ap lead taken away from it. And of course any hover can't handle having their legs break. I might upload those lcc matches later, but lcc's a fag so all the matches were like 5 minutes.

Edited by TMRaven

Rushdown didn't stop me from beating your gayron minik quad with a m2/rpx/rm3/r2/elf1 mid with a 100 ap lead at 4k ap with a kai rage d/c. You gotta sk8.

but lcc's a fag so all the matches were like 5 minutes.

LCC is my hero.

PS: lolololololololololololololololololol

EDIT: You're probably right about it not being rushdown as much as it is just losing AP lead.

Well tbh I think having to deal with aggressive CQCers or anything that puts pressure on opponent to play offensive and make more mistakes is probably what this hover does best. It has enough shell defense/speed when legs aren't broken to evade lock and shrug off most rounds in close range, while the BP is probably the best punisher in the game.

Here's the vid of it vs LCC's wacky-ass harpy bot, I was playing well and managed to get off some good balls-deep BP aggression for a good AP lead, but halfway through the match I tried to force the aggression and eated too many rounds as a result. Once I didn't have AP lead he could play fag and run away, so I couldn't punish with BP as easily. Most of the griffon rounds that hit me in the match was because I OB'd towards him in a very linear way, and that makes griffon's job of tracking all too easy.

Edited by TMRaven