#221 Clones

Forum Regular

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • PSN ID:Clones88
  • LIVE ID:X17Clones

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:10 PM

All good, managed to kill him. Kept getting real unlucky with his spawning as he would spawn, rain of arrows and then start spamming either the homing magic or his crazy soul spear.

#222 YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

[5000] YUNG IRON TARKUS

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,384 posts
  • PSN ID:Gentleman_X

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:47 AM

umbasa

Fanfic: The Return of Owen, A Cold Day in Hell, Armored Core: Hachi-No-Ki , why i hate acu
[SoD]

View PostBakuhatsu Pengin, on 15 December 2016 - 04:53 AM, said:

TALL AND TAN AND YUNG AND LOVELY

#223 Mom

Your Colon: ETA 0m0ss

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts
  • PSN ID:TMRaven

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:08 AM

16-man tournament held on pc. Winner was using black knight halberd and a chaos blade.

#224 YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

[5000] YUNG IRON TARKUS

• Veteran
  • 5,384 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:04 PM

no surprises there

Fanfic: The Return of Owen, A Cold Day in Hell, Armored Core: Hachi-No-Ki , why i hate acu
[SoD]

#225 Gay Uncle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • PSN ID:Vivirtruvian_X

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:06 AM

Who is this man fighting at 7:12? Seems familiar.

Edited by Vivirtruvian, 11 July 2016 - 04:17 AM.

Posted Image

#226 Rachis

Forum Dweller

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • PSN ID:xRachis

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:00 AM

Penguin is youtube famous
Check out my channel and subscribe for great gameplays on the latest shooters.

https://www.youtube....01?feature=mhee

#227 YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

[5000] YUNG IRON TARKUS

• Veteran
  • 5,384 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:10 PM

lol man and its when i was using a lightning astora gs how gross

u cant spell lightning without L

[SoD]

#228 Mom

• Veteran
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:26 PM

Fromsoft took the L out of quality and made it refined.

#229 YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

[5000] YUNG IRON TARKUS

• Veteran
  • 5,384 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:30 PM

oh wow

damn

[SoD]

#230 Fragrant

Forum Regular

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • PSN ID:Fulgent

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:36 AM

So how did DS3 turn out? Is it better than DS1?

Did you guys see any moustache'd dudes carrying a great Axe, with Escanor or Praisethesun somewhere in their username?

#231 Mom

• Veteran
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:30 AM

Certain levels on their own in DKS3 I think are better than DKS1 levels. (Although it really isn't a fair comparison, because the better graphical prowess of the PS4 contributes a lot to level design and presentation.) Also I think as a whole DKS3 has more great bosses, especially considering its DLC isn't out yet, and DLC is where most of the best bosses in soulsborne are. I think DKS3 also has much better endgame than DKS1 as well-- Dragon Peak and the whole climb through Lothric Castle and Grand Archives is pretty amazing. DKS1 by comparison has Lost Izalith, which is a huge dent in its presentation.

DKS1's map as an entirety can't be topped though, it's so cleverly interwoven and twisted on top of itself. You have more freedom to pick your path of how to do things, the sheer verticality of it was something mindblowing to a lot of people and was rather innovative at the time. DKS1 introduced everybody to souls open-world design, the flask system, and upped the difficulty tenfold from Demon's Souls. It is the game with the most influence in the series, and is what I still think is the better game overall compared to DKS3 if you put each game in their context in their appropriate times.

#232 YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

[5000] YUNG IRON TARKUS

• Veteran
  • 5,384 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:02 AM

yeah basically dark souls 1 is still the GOAT

ds3 is pretty great tho its the most refined of the series and it doesn't do much wrong aside from build diversity (at least until DLCs) but DS1 had that special something, idk how to put it...it had more character I guess. It feels more iconic

oh and also ds1 constantly makes you go OH SHIT cuz ur bscly seeing something for the first time ever all the time (most of the bosses in particular)

I feel like if I gave someone both games to play they're gonna like ds1 more even tho they'll prolly also say ds3 is the better-made game (which I guess is how I feel about it)

and yeah like owen said ds1 map is bscly the greatest map ever made in a video game, its a work of art

oh ds1's music is better in general too altho pontiff is still top 5 song in the series holy shit

i forced myself to stop playing a few weeks ago i wont until DLC i had to do it to get my life back lol

[SoD]

#233 Fragrant

Forum Regular

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • PSN ID:Fulgent

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:17 AM

Okay, I see so it's apples and oranges kind of thing. Yeah the map of DS1 is just genius. Someday in the future, somebody is gonna recreate the whole thing in real life just for lulz, and it will be the Disney world for grown ups, except there will be trampolines at the bottom of the pits.

DS3 sounds amazing though, I've been making some money, but I'm still nowhere in a position to play anyway.

#234 Mom

• Veteran
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:23 AM

Yeah I do agree I like DKS1's soundtrack better. DKS3's soundtrack is kinda meh and I don't like it very much at all.

Bloodborne I think has the best soundtrack in the series, is tied with DKS3 for having the most 'best' bosses, and does the best job of any game in the series of having a very concentrated and saturated lore and aesthetic. It lacks severely compared to any of the souls games as far as content goes-- lack of weapons, armor, levels, and especially multiplayer. However what it does good, it does the best in the series.

#235 YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

[5000] YUNG IRON TARKUS

• Veteran
  • 5,384 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:36 AM

ds1 bosses had a bigger impact on me but ya ds3 bosses are "better" as bosses thats mostly true i agree

its like a snapshot of the difference in the two games: one has more personality while the other is more technically well-done

ya bloodborne is fucking great too no doubt

[SoD]

#236 Mom

• Veteran
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:49 AM

If I had to put together a list of my top 10 bosses from the series, a lot of them would be from Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3, but I still think that Artorias and Onrstein and Smough would take my top spots.

#237 Rachis

Forum Dweller

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:52 PM

i still have a "soft spot" for the butcher boss in demons souls and the tower knight. Only thing I really liked about bloodborne was the scythe weapon. the atmosphere was cool, but for the most part i could've lived without the game. my opinion is partly biased due to the fact i bought the ps4 for that game and it didn't exactly pan out like i thought it would.

Edited by Rachis, 06 August 2016 - 02:01 PM.

#238 YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

[5000] YUNG IRON TARKUS

• Veteran
  • 5,384 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:55 PM

demon's souls was fucking great ya

bscly ds2 is the only one thats hot garbage lol

the rest i fks with heavy

[SoD]

#239 Rachis

Forum Dweller

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:02 PM

yeah i only gave that game a week before i just couldn't handle it anymore. never got into the pvp because of it.

#240 Bakuhatsu Pengin

FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD ROUND-EARTHER

• Veteran
  • 2,456 posts
  • PSN ID:8==D
  • LIVE ID:8==D

Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:49 AM

imo ds2 is mostly garbage because of the lack of boss variety and soul memory

boss diversity was also shit because there was actually just a shitload of bosses in comparison to the other games

the more i think about it (aside from those two things), ds2 is actually a fantastic game due to the game mechanics, level design, and pvp diversity. it hands down has the best combat mechanics of any of the souls games. everything in des was a STR build and second chance was required, dks1 had insane backstab fishing and dead angling, and dks3 is about as entertaining as the national cornhole championships

dks1 gets an edge for being the first technically, even though des was the first. des -> dks1 was such a huge jump compared to dks1 -> dks2

dks3 is full of castles lame levels, too much stuff rehashed from all of the previous games, and the game is way too easy compared to the other ones (omg rolls are fkn op af). its understandable because of how many games have been before it by now, and after awhile you can only do so much with the genre. they better not make a 4th one soon tho because the series has ran out of steam and its just not that original or creative anymore

my ranking would go des > dks2 = dks1 >>> dks3 ??? bb (never played bb but it didnt interest me in the first place)

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users