En Supply: 3826

MBS: 361

Turning Speed: 1147

Stability: 6466

Cooling: 15081

F. Cooling: 17455

Shell Def: 1805

En Def: 1701

Description: This AC was designed with ranged combat in mind. The ob is there to maintain that. I went through a few different ideas with the weapon set up before settling on what is currently on the AC. It looks like it was designed for symmetry but that is purely coincidental.

I would like to keep SSA on here, so please keep that in mind when you review the AC. I'm aware that it is not the best leg set to use but i was trying to find a use for it of some kind, and it looks pretty decent on there as well. You may either be backpedalling more than people like or using the ob to get yourself into a position to launch a barrage of missiles before moving on to a new spot.

This is kinda heavy in shell def.

Known Issues: Slow to start out. Could be a bad day if you are facing down a rusher.

Notes: No picture at present but will get one up as soon as i can.

The design itself is somewhat slow for a middie, but the DEF, and OB it packs are enough to back it up. Yes, it will have a hard time against certain rushers, especially lightweight flankers who will try to turn sideways before OB'ing towards your AC. Why not try PIXIE3 or something to handle those rushers? But then, the SPARTOI+RM3 acts as your "shotgun missiles" that gives almost the same role.

Overall, it's a great design. There always has to be a drawback to each of it, no matter how good it is.

Since the continuation of classes bored me, I booted my PS2, and tested your AC. Dual R3's were no good against Daemon. PIXIE3 is definitely a go for this. I also took the pictures, for you. Phone quality, though.

Facebook pics.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs023.snc6/165328_1392310867869_1835096963_724759_6021289_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs006.snc6/165685_1392310507860_1835096963_724756_3005096_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs034.snc6/166424_1392310587862_1835096963_724757_6637555_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs789.ash1/167938_1392310747866_1835096963_724758_3439799_n.jpg

As of late my friends have been running mainly Shell based weapons, and i figured I would try and catch them out by making a midweight that has a shell def bias while still having somewhat respectable en def.

Knowing that SSA is a shell def based leg set, I decided to use it instead. I know that there are better leg sets that can be used. but many of them are used way too often and i tend to get bored with using certain leg sets on my bots.

Edited by Hollywood

Ok. What about the nymphe AND spartoi on the back? What is the reason for running both, or do you run it as a dropper setup? Have you considered getting rid of one for radar and/or using ladybug/beetle for head? Have you considered two missile packs that serve more differing roles? (like spartoi for poking and kinnara for close range blasts etc) Edited by TMRaven

Nymphe is intended to be a "deek seeker" where spartoi/rm3 are the main attack units.

I will try a few of the things you have suggested here.

I don't know why you seem to like giving me the third degree all the time, is it because you're trying to make me go away ?

Okay, that was the wrong choice of words.

I was trying to avoid using the micros for just that reason. This AC has always been designed around ranged combat.

Yes, I know that dual 69h in the hangers says otherwise, but those 2 were there in case of an emergency.

As i said in an earlier post, the Nymphe is a "deek seeker" that can also be used in a close range barrage capability if need be. This is the main reason i chose Volute over Volute 2, the faster lock time, more missiles per launch (6) as opposed to (4) of Volute2.

I have another version of Rabid Fox that runs a different weapons set up.

I have Gull/Lotus/Ananda on another version which runs RS/R3 with a sylph under the RS. Another variation has Shade/R3 with no hangers.

Some of these other variations use harpy/69m/rm3 as back units.

Other variations of Rabid Fox are in the works but use Cougar 2 instead of SSA.

This is but one of many.

Suggestions :

Why not try Jack-0's Arms? it has low drain and weight. Also buffed with S.DEF.

LADYB is also a good Shell head, must be coupled with stable enough Legs [probably S2 or S3] and RA. I'm not sure about the starter legs. I think it also has the Shell you need... or maybe not.

NYMPHE+RM/GAR. if you'll be running them as droppies, you'll want to abuse that rapid-fire glitch. Keep VOLUTE in. Or, if Weight allows, slap on a MV, with GAR2 or RM3.

RL+M2/NIX, with sylphs/wraiths under.

That's too bad then. Hard to comment on something when you already have multiple renditions of it :P

I just don't see any merit in the use of SSA outside of novelty, however, and novelty not a good look. What I'm seeing in my head right now is S3 if you want to go bulkier-- which isn't probably too good because you're running UL2. I'm primarily seeing FA+72F instead of SSA+Macaque, though. FA+72F will most likely get you better ap, less weight, higher shell defense and higher energy defense. I'd ideally tune the FA and 72F for a good amount of weight too, because they both have the ability to shed a lot of weight from tunes-- a good 100-200 units of weight total.

Edited by TMRaven

I remember A2 legs being decent from silent line through last raven, but I remember them having pathetically low ap for their weight. In last raven, ap/weight ratio is usually superior to defense/weight. If it were silent line, defense/weight would be much better, which is why those legs were pretty nice in that game.