50 Aim Precision

50 B. Quick Boost

50 S. Quick Boost

50 Turning Ability

24 Head Stability

50 Lock Speed

50 Missile Lock Speed

Thoughts?

- use any main booster you like. (btw, like noob said, JUDITH is what I'd prefer)

- use HOGIRE for FCS or OMNIA for longer range and better precision. btw, EKHAZAR is ok.

- cut your 50 points of EN cap out for core rectification.

- also cut your 24 points of head stability for KP output.

JUDITH is what I'd prefer

because of LINSTANT gen. if he use any other gen (like LAHIRE or AALIYAH) I'll prefer for other things. (like LATONA main....)

...I'm at a loss for words. I'd facepalm right now if I had hands.

and I knew you had hands.

Is Judith main really that bad a booster for a sniper RJ? This doesn't seem like it needs to close in. At all. All I see Judith doing is letting you get ridiculous air while being able to spam sides and back QB at the same time. Isn't that ideal? Though I'd ditch Ortega since it's trash and RJ's should be using stronger sides like Holo and Aaliyah for obvious reasons, though the gen probably prevents that from working.

Which now brings me to my amazement of how Taurus is the only one who has mentioned Linstant gen up until now. Why is it on this? Why not Judith, especially with Linstant OB which is already light on KP drain while draining large amounts of energy which the gen has trouble providing? That much KP output isn't needed unless going for an AA bomber or being very extremely focused on OB, which I don't see this as since your energy cap probably hits rock bottom the very moment you hit your OB and takes a while for you to be able to do it again.

Which also brings me to saying that Taurus' suggestion of taking the cap tunes out is just about one of the worst things I've read in a while since this design should CRAVE high capacity with how it's set up.

Anyway, the weapon set seems a little off to me because you have the missile over the sniper rather than with it while using an FCS best suited for long range locks when using missiles. I'd either switch that around so it's sniper/missile or go to 063AN05. (I think that's the one) And maybe move up to 051ANNR.

- cut your 50 points of EN cap out for core rectification.

With all due respect.

I can't agree with this. Core rectification tunes are useless, period. And like Choda boy said, Linstant has issues with Cap as it is.

-----

Taking Linstant's cap issues into account, go with this:

Ekhazar legs fit the bill better for flight and are more en efficient.

Argyros/B is the way to go for back booster. Stronger boost and more EN efficient QB. especially since you can carry it without load tunes.

047AN02 head is more EN Efficient, increases stability and has better camera. No reason not to use it.

OB, switch to GAN02-NSS-O.CG for longevity on your OB (your EN will NOT decrease during Over Boost) which allows you to create distance more reliably, Linstant has plenty of KP to handle the increase in activation KP, and it's cheaper active KP means you'll be OBing for a while.

Edited by Densuo

Well the thing is that since he's using an RJ, I assumed that it was so that he could play the up-down game without needing a main booster specifically designed for it. Because otherwise, there's no reason to use an RJ. Negating their jumping ability, reverse joint legs can hardly compare to other biped legs--their turning is garbage, they have no stability, and their defenses are subpar. If he wants to keep the RJ legs, he should change the booster, and vice versa if he wants to keep the booster, he should change the legs.

As for the Linstant/G, there are obviously more traditional generators that you could use. However, the pitfalls of it (mainly ENO) are mitigated by the fact that he's using reverse joint legs. The benefits are that you have the second lightest gen (I believe) and ridiculous KPO as well as whatever novel value you get from being different. Linstant/G runs fine with power boosters on an RJ--the ENO is manageable with tunes and the cap is ample. The only way that this AC would "crave high capacity" as Chode said, is if you played this AC like a midweight sniper, which brings me back to changing the legs.

And regarding the tuning in general, I'm going to just go say that cap tunes are near useless save for using it on Judith or Sobrero gens. Those 50 EN Cap points are better off going into arm maneuverability (no one noticed that?)

Just venting, but I'm appalled every time people mention EN problems when regarding reverse-joint AC's. There literally are nonexistent, though this is assuming you use them correctly. I'm probably exaggerating a little bit, but when I use RJ's, I hardly ever hold down my normal-boost trigger save for when I need to jump. You don't need vertical lift or normal-boost efficiency to use an RJ; you don't need to change parts because they "fit the bill better for flight and are more EN efficient." This isn't to say I don't bottom out, but what the most prevalent thing is that if I bottom out on a reverse joint AC, I'm not in danger. All I need to do is hop and then wait less than a second to recover enough EN to QB.
Edited by NlJl

some people chain qb and dont ssqb

chain qb requires more cap and eno even when youre in the air, because normal qbs used like ssqbs will get you killed

cap is good for rjs if you chain qb because you can spam while in the air and let it regen when you hit the floor to do it over again

i dont think cap is important enough to dictate 50 frs points though, but sometimes linstant/g doesnt cut it when using cqb (not to be confused with cqc)

cqb and ssqb are 2 different ac build types. clarification would be nice

cqb and ssqb are 2 different ac build types. clarification would be nice

This is relatively true and is something a lot of people gloss over or don't realize, either from inexperience with both types of play or denial. I'm decently proficient at doing both PQB (SSQB) and CQB (only about a 5QB link) in a real match even when I haven't played in months and they both have significantly varied roles and effects on the scenario, as well as different tolls on your AC. It always surprises me how much regular QB and even standard turning is underrated in these games, too. People will flank themselves all the time if you let them.

Anyway, I don't know if I'd say they're two different build types specifically unless you're purposefully trying to cater strongly to one method of boosting. I don't know if that's a great idea necessarily since I never spent time in fA figuring out if any specific builds would benefit from a heavy specialization in one type of QB. It's very easy to be able to use both as long as you use them in moderation, though. You just have to take time to practice your efficiency with both types, no different than BW players need to practice their mechanics. If I ever took the time to develop some kind of mechanical proficiency at this game I could probably provide some example matches where I don't mess up constantly, but I don't see myself being interested in them long enough to reach a base level of competence, haha.

But yes, definitely CQB's require extensive cap compared to PQB's. PQB is easily the most efficient method to cover ground, but it's also the method that makes your movements most predictable and is the most difficult method to maintain range with unless you're either jousting or playing keep away. It's also the method that weapons track best against outside of just normal booster flight, walking, jumping, and standing still.

Anyway, I don't know if I'd say they're two different build types specifically unless you're purposefully trying to cater strongly to one method of boosting.

There's pretty much only one concept to keep in mind if you want to specifically design toward CQB, which is that if you're using CQB to rush down, you're going to want a booster set that encourages forward, linear movement (the most prominent example being Virtue/Schedar). Otherwise, you're going to bounce around the place when you chain as well as waste EN with side-QB chains (as with Virtue/Holo). If you're just chaining to dodge, though, you can do whatever, and it's much more forgiving than for offensive CQB.

But yes, definitely CQB's require extensive cap compared to PQB's.

Regardless of boosters, I've never actually had a problem with cap specifically except for Sobrero. I wouldn't go so far as to say "extensive cap" being needed for CQB vs. PQB. When its full, I feel like saying all other gens should have enough capacity to do at least two "forward-left-forward-right-forward" chains with most booster sets. This is only through anecdotal information from using the high ENO gens like Judith, Lahire, or Aaliyah.

What nob said seems reasonable enough, though, but not to the extent that Altair makes it out to be (at least from what I remember, that is) where cap justifies the use of something like GAN02-NSS-G.

--

Okay yeah in all fairness, though, I have no experience just using regular, non-chained QB's. I only CQB and SSQB. So he could, in fact, be way too slow! I guess I should also stop generalizing my experiences too, then haha.

:P