Command and Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight

lanfear

so is anyone else in the beta for this game?

so far I am enjoying it greatly its more fast paced and you have to constantly adapt to your opponent.

note: it is completly different than previous C&C games but so far it seems like an interesting take on the rts genre

oh, and Kain might actually die for good this game ;_;

pro: fast paced, easy to learn, less focus on base more on squads of units

three different classes to play as, offensive(tanks/ big guns) , support (aircraft, powers), defensive(turrets, infanty)

crawler is almost as fun to have as the ACU from supreme commander less powerful but still can hold its own in a fight

and it lets you bring more units into an ongoing fight.

con: so far no computer players and sometimes players will drop out of a game making your side having less numbers

people try to spam single units when its extremely difficult to do anything with a spam if the opponent knows what they are doing.

team based game so if one member is bad they drag down the whole team.

you can check out updates on the Command and Conquer website

I dunno, I kind of liked RA2. Anything after that is trash though.

From what I've heard this isn't really an RTS and more of a Team Fortress micro battle that uses an RTS interface. No base building, just making units out of a crawler and capturing zones for points. There's apparently even respawning of your crawler if all your stuff dies. It sounds terrible tbh.

I dunno, I kind of liked RA2. Anything after that is trash though.

From what I've heard this isn't really an RTS and more of a Team Fortress micro battle that uses an RTS interface. No base building, just making units out of a crawler and capturing zones for points. There's apparently even respawning of your crawler if all your stuff dies. It sounds terrible tbh.

honestly its more RTS than people are giving it, the zone capturing is all they're letting you do during beta there will be more game modes on release story etc. etc.. the respawn is there but honestly it doesn't hurt gameplay as far as I've seen. The game is heavily about working together the classes just split you into using infantry (cheaper more numbers less effective alone), ground vehicles (heavy firepower slow moving) and aircraft (high speed high damage expensive but cant capture points or pick up items), you gain something but give up something so you need another player in another class to support what you don't have. It's a relativly new take on the rts genre it might work it might not but at least it's something new in the genre

Your sig is so capitalist. I love it, though!

Anyway, I think the biggest problem here is that like 80% of our forum members are huge fans of SC1 Progaming. We hold it up to irregular standards. Can you go 400APM!? Werd.

Im not part of this group.

I bleed for the Emperor.

As well as good old Tibsun

• 3 weeks later...
I like both Command&Conquer and Star craft. I've been kinda iffy about new Command&Conquers though, It seems like they went from "A little strange" to a Wtf factor of 10. Besides that, I did enjoy RA3 a little bit, but I'll probably still play the classics more than both RA 3 and C&C 4.