The Witch

Evil Panda

(copypasted, will change the format if I have to, though)

Head: MAYFLY

Core: URANUS / CRONUS

Arms: XS

Legs: DINGO2

(tunes: weight / weight / weight / load capacity)

Boosters: GULL

FCS: LIMPET

Generator: LOTUS

Radiator: ANANDA

Inside: n/a

(tunes: boost power / condenser cap / cooling)

Extensions: FUNI

Back: KARURA / HARPY2

Arm R: RL

Arm L: ELF3

Hanger R: n/a

Hanger L: n/a

Description:

I based this partly on the L4D Witch, and on the idea that a witch would use exotic or otherwise unusual weaponry to achieve victory - hence the orbit cannons. EOs not only support this theme as well, but also provide extra damage, and the linear rifle was chosen for its stun effect. All in all, the weapons on this thing make it excellent for destroying heavy ACs such as tanks, and should be enough to at least give everyone else a good fight.

Tactics:

I generally expend the orbits first, drop them and then use KARURA+FUNI volleys, which should be more than enough assuming the opponent runs on heavy legs or, even better, tank legs. After that I turn on the EO and blast away with the RL.

Known Issues:

Squishy. Thanks to the orbits+EO, this thing eats up energy real quick, so I wouldn't suggest using both energy weapons at once.

PvP Information:

Current Vs. Record: [0]W - [0]L - [0]D

Win Rate: n/a

--------------------------------------------------

Notes:

KONGOH can be used in place of LOTUS, for those who want the insanely quick energy regen.

I'd drop the ELF3 for an HP and Cronus for something else. Cronos is good and all, but you'd do far better on this bot with more defense. Especially since it won't drop in handling much at all. Try U2/U3/U4. I'd also consider tacking on dual 69H or Wraiths in the hangar if you do change the core.

I don't see the weight tunes as being nearly as valuable as cooling or defense tunes on this AC either. It's already using relatively light parts, so the weight tunes are going to be wasted on minor weight gains and even more minor speed gains. I like to do Gull 6 Power / 4 Heat, but I think TM and LCC prefer 4 / 6.

The rest is fine and dandy, tho. Neat AC!

Uranus is possibly the worst core in the game, haha. I'm fairly sure it's the weakest core in the game, anyway. I would very definitely change that core to Gaea. Gaea is a very good EO core, and godlike when compared with Uranus.

Godlike compared to most of the game. Gaea is king!

Your stability is low with mayfly on d2 iirc. Consider a head change to push it to 6k minimum.

Harpy2+karura+funi=just too unwieldy a back and extension set to run, especially when you have an RL present. I have a buddy whose staple back during LR was an RL+hp w/ syakat+rm3. Fantastic machine. RL+hp is one of the most stable handheld sets in the game. With a combo like that you ideally want to try and build from it's base. In my buddy's case, that's where the micro+rm3 set came from. You can herd people into getting shot, or you can stun people into getting missile'd. Great synergy.

Go about halfway into this clip and you can see his bot from his view"

I think there are some tourney vids of him on my friend's youtube account. I'll try to edit those links in later today if you like:

I'm imagining that in your case, you want to soften with orbits, dump them, and then proceed to control the match threw EO use/suppressive fire/spamming karura. Seems reasonable, but there's a few things I would recommend:

1. Go gaea or go home. This is going to cause heat and weight issues, epsecially since...

2. You want kinara and rm3, so my next recommendation would be....

3. Dump harpy altogether, and while your at it...

4. Go with an hp on the left.

5. Don't forget to lose the head! Maybe even go with a head+radar mix.

The main issues I see, with just a quick look that is, are low armor for how slow you're going, and no way to sustain your primary strategy against a bad matchup. If there's certain parts you wanted to keep, let me know and I'll try to give some suggestions with those in mind instead.

^ Generally I'd keep the orbits if possible, this *is* primary tank eater design after all. :P

Karura can go, though... Every single one of my current stable already equips one or two of those :P Was fiddling around with Satyros earlier as a possible replacement, actually =3

Gaea's actually pretty good, too. :lol: Now all that's left is to get used to the slightly higher EO energy drain.

Yeah, see, my problem with the statement,

Generally I'd keep the orbits if possible, this *is* primary tank eater design after all.

is that just about anything can eat tanks in LR. There's only two types of tanks that work in LR at a competitive level. Well, that probably doesn't matter since you're running harpy2, but whatever. Let's revise those suggestions:

1. Go gaea or go home. This is going to cause heat and weight issues, epsecially since...

2. You want kinara and rm3, so my next recommendation would be....

3. Dump karura altogether, and while your at it...

4. Go with an hp on the left.

5. Don't forget to lose the head! Maybe even go with a head+radar mix, since...

6. Harpy2 and gaea are already too much ammo for a match anyways, so a second missile pack will just ruin your feng shui.

There, done and done.

Btw, I'm fairly certain you came from ACO, so I'm pretty sure you're not used to this kind of commentary. You might be, though, idk! Haha. Although I think PD/TM/LCC all comment on designs at ACO occasionally, too. Don't worry about the advice so much if you only play PvE (Single Player / vs AI) since all our advice is geared around PvP (Multiplayer / Tournaments) by default.

PD's advice is about as solid as it gets, too. He's old.

Actually, no they don't. ^^ Only Harpy1, and only one of those are allowed on an AC.

This one's for friendly matches, though Harpy2 gets switched out for Harpy1 if/when I take this thing to tourneys. They were actually the ones who taught me about OCs against tanks.

More than anything else, though, it was the 'witch' theme that guided this design.

I think one of their rules was "allowed the use of Loris/Lemur2 on tanks as long as tank has blade."

Rules like that don't make any sense at all, there's no making for fun and entertaining setups with those provisions.