-

Special Boost

-

-

-

Control

-

-

Well, I felt like making a tank after getting so many ideas for how a good heavy should work, and I think I've got something here. Totally going to try and abuse the "missile harass into hammer" technique using both the Spread Zook and SC as my hammers of the day. 051ANNR Just ties the whole package together with a neat bow. Still, everything feels like it has a great flow and I'm pleased overall so far. So go ahead, shoot.

Low defense and AP for a tank and you're apparently not using hangars, so I don't see the point of this over a biped.

I don't see the point of HD-Judith. The only considerable thing it has over the 047 is weight, which in no case, makes up for the loss in shell defense. This is also a tank, where such a minuscule amount of weight should never matter. It also provides more stability, which this is probably going to need with Argyros/C and no stab tunes.

I'd suggest 063AN05 for FCS.

did you tuned your 50 points at legs stability for what? HILBERT legs has most stability in biped category.

also, your FCS, 063AN05 had much more enough for missile lock speed so you didn't tuned it too.

then use your 100 points for QB back and EN cap, after that take your 42 points to back thrust.

It doesn't matter if Hilbert has the most stability in it's category. It's still as slow as a snail and more stability helps prevent getting stun-locked, same with how tanks are. I'm pretty sure I've already talked about the importance of stability on heavyweights half a trillion times recently.

GA middleweights don't need to focus on stability because they're fast enough to handle themselves, unlike something like Hilbert. This is even if we're talking about extremely underweighted Hilbert legs against maxed out GAN02-NSS-L with full Load tunes, the difference in speed is that huge. They weigh around 4500 - 5000 less than actual heavies while retaining massive, abusable AP, which makes them the most versatile and effective form of a defensive build. This is why they are God-tier, while heavies are dirt-tier.

The speed is also why you don't need to be lugging around 9k+ energy defense to be safe. If built right, you can easily have below 7k and still be competitive. Unlike heavies, which are going to get pelted by lasers unless you're being ridiculous with cover usage.

They also have more load capacity than the majority of heavy bipeds with a little bit of tuning, which is always going to be worth it instead of switching to low-tier parts you'll most likely have to cater to with other changes just because you want to save FRS.

I love heavies, but yikes. They got hurt so bad in 1.40 when FROM put on an extra 3000+ weight and 1000+ drain to all of them while leaving GAN01-SS-LL and GAN02-NSS-L untouched in their state of godliness.

GAN01-SS-LL and GAN02-NSS-L are my first and favorite choices when I wanna made some mid-HW or full HW things. if I wanna go for somethings heavier, I'll go for tanks or SOLDNER-G9L (HW RJ thing).

edit : and.....Chody, question is...stability, more stability = better stunning support (from my cannons and from enemy's attacking), did it even better control?

Edited by Tarstrudelvick

I'm not sure I understand that question. If you're asking if lower recoil makes cannons more accurate, I think it does. If it didn't, I wouldn't care about it since any kind of significant cannon recoil can be dealt with by a simple QB afterward.

...Not really. Still not sure what you're asking.

All you want for stability on the design you linked to is enough to not get recoil from your weapons. That's all stability does, prevent recoil from your weapons and stun from enemy weapons. Nothing more.

I went to GA's "Mid-Weight" legs but going with Judith OB & I gained epic speed @ minor EN def loss. Great idea, yall.

Also, considering the hell it's been to win (when I'd win) the few times I've fought any of your heavies Chodimus, I think its safe to say "you like heavies" is an understatement.

Well, sinces Heavyweights are starting to grow on me, I'll all ears: TEACH ME THE WAYS OF THE FAT-BOT!!!

Though regardless my forte will still always be LW & Mid-Weight quads. They are just a natural flow for me.

Whenever it is I take a break from working on the ACU wiki, I might start working on a basic guide for heavyweight bipeds. I'll also include something about heavy-middleweights since I see a lot of people confuse design concepts between the two.

Also, I don't think we've played before with any of my heavyweights. Unless you have an alternate account, I only recall seeing you in a BR8 where I was testing a quad (I think dsaBOSS was there too), then later at the ACSO tourney noob hosted with the frame restriction.

Well, not sure if it would do much good to change much else. Got it fitting perfect on SS-L, lI dig my weapon set & heard no objections, & I haven't been noticing any gen problems. So I think we're done here gentlemen. Thanks.

@ Cjod, I've played you in other BRs than the 8 w/dsa, & won a few of em' too. One you used of WEIRD LOOKING awesome smiley tank. The other Was a SHOOP-DA-WOOP emblem. I that aids memory (unless you use a few emblems for everything.)

Meant Chodimus, not Cjod. REAAAALLY miss edit button.

Well, maybe this is true. Now I miss my lazor quad.........

Also, 5/20 Hilberts. Totally forgot about em'. Once I get 20, I'll prob make garage. I just wish I had a cap card or such to add pretteh piktures.