Monster Hunter

lanfear

tri is on the wii and playing the Japanese version. I'm rather enjoying the new controls the buttons that don't usually have a function serve as redundancy for item selection etc etc etc. so if you forget one button in the heat of battle there is probably a 2nd or 3rd way to do the same thing.

that and there's something about jumping into the ocean wearing heavy metal armor... to attack a giant sea serpent that uses electricity as a weapon.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Monster Hunter Tri is pointless when Portable 3 is coming, as it doesn't actually have weapons -removed-. And it's not like underwater fights were a big loss, anyway.

I'm still on Freedom Unite if you wanna hook up before Portable 3.

the underwater fights are fun. while portable 3 has all the old weapons they're cutting monsters and alot of the monsters they're cutting added a new flavor to the game. Don't dismiss tri just for the portable version it is different and shouldn't just be brushed aside. Besides portable 3 wont be released till a year + after jp release if it follows any trends.

No worries. I have fun playing Monster Hunter online.

What with Capcom moving away from depending on Sony's AdHoc Party and Frontier coming out on Xbox, I can imagine how matchmaking will improve, which that alone will completely improve online experiences as is.

Right now, I'm just helping a lot of lower levels, since I'm all set with my White Fatalis (finally), and plenty of weapons of each element.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have Unite and AdHoc Party but I don't play it anymore. It's a great game but the grinding is hit or miss for me; sometimes I really enjoy farming for something and others it frustrates me to no end. Actually I don't play on my PSP much anymore and when I do it's usually either Field Commander or Ultimate Ghosts'n Goblins. Edited by Gary the Tennis Coach

• 4 weeks later...
I'm available if you need help.

Yeah that'd be cool.

At the moment I stopped pursuing G rank and the urgent Narga quest and have been los ruby farming...attempting anyway. I'm getting a shit load of plates from Silver los but still no fucking ruby. Fun times.

But breaking through to HR8 and HR9 is something I should be focusing on.

I need to make sure I have a network cable to use so AHP can work. Really wish it didn't need a direct connection >_>

Edited by Azure Knight

Design oversight. PS3's wireless connection can't connect to more than one thing at a time. Or let the PSP be plugged into the PS3.

Sucks, since this keeps me playing from at least five other people.

Design oversight. PS3's wireless connection can't connect to more than one thing at a time. Or let the PSP be plugged into the PS3.

Sucks, since this keeps me playing from at least five other people.

Yeah, but I've played on AHP before with Rachis and Art, so I have the wire, just need to make sure it'll reach my current room. Shouldn't take more than a day