Modern Warfare 3

Magnus

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Raven Software still has the contract for this game. I think they made Quake 4 and Wolfenstein, and that's the extent of their FPS experience.

Honestly, I probably would've been hype for it three or so months ago, but right now... not at all. I just don't care.

Wont touch it in favor of battlefield 3, tbh.

that and IW isn't making it, Ill watch the story on youtube.

Edit: if it's raven software, I thoroughly enjoyed Soldier of Fortune and Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix. I may give it a chance, but SoF Payback was bloody awful.

Edited by ^Slaanesh

2 days for 1.5 million views on that youtube.

This is going to be a game that's heralded as "one of the best", get a bunch of game awards, and get 10/10 review scores simply because it exists.

Whether or not it will actually deserve that is up in the air.

I guess so.

I will, however, say that the community it has fostered as of late is quite childish and poisonous for video games as a whole. Looking at the youtube comments of the latest trailer, I feel, justifies my statement.

BF3 SUCKS BCUZ OF THE AMOUNT OF TROLLS. JUST STFU IF U DONT LIKE IT DONT WATCH IT!!! JEEZ!

X3NERGYSKuLL 1 hour ago

I've seen console wars, but this is something else.

I don't want potentially great games to be destroyed simply because they're trying to cater to people who obsess over CoD.

And one last thing.

Following West and Zampella's firings, nearly half of the remaining Infinity Ward employees resigned. Throughout April and May 2010, 46 employees, among the lead designers and programmers who worked on Modern Warfare 2, abruptly left Infinity Ward. All have so far declined to comment on their reasons for leaving

That's the big problem with online gaming. A large portion of them are haters and unfortunately they are really only a small handful of the gaming population. Gaming being more accessible over the past few years has been a double edged sword.

And one last thing.
Following West and Zampella's firings, nearly half of the remaining Infinity Ward employees resigned. Throughout April and May 2010, 46 employees, among the lead designers and programmers who worked on Modern Warfare 2, abruptly left Infinity Ward. All have so far declined to comment on their reasons for leaving

See, THAT'S what's got me worried. CoD4 was an amazing game, and MW2 had its flaws but was still enjoyable. Contrast BOps which didn't have MW2s balance flaws but was somehow less enjoyable. I highly doubt that the corpse of Infinity Ward will be able to make a game that can live up to the first two.