Visionary

Vincent210

HILBERT-GH7|GAN01-SS-C|SOLDNER-G8A|SOLDNER-G9L

OMNIA|03-AALIYAH/G

03-AALIYAH/M|KB-JUDITH|AB-HOLOFERNES|03-AALIYAH/B

051ANNR|LR01-ANTARES|HLC02-SIRIUS|RC01-PHACT|GALLATIN02

FRS: 50 into ENO, EN Cap, Lock Speed, Side QB, Back QB, Turning Ability, Maneuverability, EN Weapon Skill, AND 30 Radar Refresh, AND 12 Main QB

I was actually extremely pleased with this design after some testing, because it is a heavy with amazing versatility and license to be drainy as fuck. I put an powerful booster set-up to capitalize on RJs in the way that other designs do, what what different uses in mind. Namely defensive maneuvers. This HW lug actually has the ability and speed (of QB anyway) to dodge most of the hard-hitters (Zooks, HI-LAZORS, SCs, etc.) which is very valuable for stretching and fully utilizing an AP lead. The weapon setup works wonders here. The stability of the craft made an SC seem like a bad idea, and since I wasn't concerned about drain at this point, PHACT became the obvious choice. SIRIUS is my standby and favorite weapon of choice on heavies for Close Quarters>Mid Range, and abuses the EN Recovery abundance of this monster (which btw STILL has 22k Recovery after all this maddness). ANNR to chip with ANTARES to increase chipping power at mid range and help cement an AP lead in heated combat. The weapons share a wonderful synergy. I went for GA core thinking I need some source of greater AP of this craft to get by, considering that was one of the 3 problems that affect this craft. The other being a EN def thats too low for personal tastes (7.4k, I need 8-9k to feel safe), and a sub-par stability. However, the extra mobility, and the superior cover play , dodging, and angling that provides me stands to be enough to patch these problems.

In Summary:

This heavies extra mobility, well still far below that of any LW, and of quite a few midweights, gives it unique a powerful options during combat. That combined with the RJ loophole of being able to go drain crazy, and you get a surprisingly effective defensive HW that has versatility and options. Watch for Hi Lasers and Bazookas, and this thing should do its job extremely well.

Now, Shoot!

Blatant bump, since after the DC this whole section died in a fire. Plus I keep drawing dead ends on improving the design from current standings. If shit is fine as is, great. But I doubt that when dealing with such a concept as "unique" as a competitive HW-RJ.

for my personally, I think any HW designs need much more EN cap.

btw, I'll piloting this AC again tonight, then I'll could tell you more about it.

edit : as I remember about piloting this bot once, I think MAXWELL generator would make things a bit better.

Edited by Tarstrudelvick

Holy Fucking Dumbells of Hercules

This thing'd be OVERWEIGHT. Plus I warned you strait up in the OP shit gets drainy. Abuse jumping, OR you (and I) could try GAN02-NSS-G or SS-GL engines v Max.

Thanks for the input though.

NSS-G or SS-GL and swap EN cap tuning to load for all points.

and from what I saw (on paper) I didn't see the point to using SOLDNER arms, you should try something lighter. (like 063 arms, AALIYAH arms)

btw, what I said is not really sure, that's why I'll do the test for this bot again tonight.

How do you not see the point, they're there for a balance of HW defense and weapon control. Changing to lighter arms would make the AC's AP and defense bad for it's weight, and it's not going to gain much speed because it's already being weighed down so much.

The generator is fine. The Aaliyah/M is bad for this, though. A slightly faster snail is still a snail, it's the same reason you shouldn't put it on the biped legs and the heavy RJ legs certainly shouldn't be built with the same logic the lighter ones are built from. A build like this is going to need to play defensively, not even counting the hi laser you went along with for closer ranges which isn't going to be able to aggressively touch anything that isn't as slow as you, in which case, use Linstant/O to close the distance on other heavies if your long range weapons aren't working for whatever reason.

Well, a quick snail gets behind cover faster, as well as the fact that even though I'm running this main, I'm not forgetting my limits. This bot DOES play defensively, the only bonuses being easier dodging & much better shot angles.

I'll try the LINSTANT/O though. Makes for both a flight or fight tool.

Want to keep getting this feedback, it is starting to provide ideas.

after piloting again with 5-7 times, what I'll say is....

try SOLDNER core and ARGY arms for more defense stats. (yeah, just like that and you should forget about what I said yesterday at all)

Sounds more reasonable assuming it fits but ARGYROS arms leave me w/shit weapons support so not exactly dying to hear your next brilliant scheme. Whatever happened to Niji, Nljl, Noob, Rogan, & Griffon posting here? =(

dunno, sometimes they'll come here and speak something. but right now, it's just you and me Vincent.

edit : don't forget Chody. (Chodimus-Maximus)

Edited by Tarstrudelvick

you dont need fantastic weapon support for 51annr and a laser riffle

argy arms are perfectly fine, especially since they give you enough en skill to make antares not-suck

also, stop cramming so many goddamn en-drain-heavy weaps on one ac. you tend to do that a lot. youll get murked under pressure no matter how good you are (especially in a heavy)

This time I did it somewhat intentionally, haha. Though I do pick up on that tedency of mine and curbed it recently. Feels weird firing less LAZORs. However now most of my shit is coming up 24k Recovery or higher due to how drain conscious of parts that past of drain mastery provided.

And fine, I'll take ARGY arms for a spin.

Made a bunch of edits but my PS3 browser is too dumb to use edit.

• 2 months later...

Oh boy a Narco

I changed a few things:

Frame: 047/Argyros/Soldner/Soldner

Internals: Omina/Aaliyah

Boosters: Judith/Aaliyah/Aaliyah/Linstant

Weapons: Motorcobra/050ansr/phact/Travers/Guyandotte04

Tunes are whatever. I just know that I maxed vertical thrust, KP, Core PA, Side QB and turning.

I just don't feel comfortable in anything without a nice PA buffer and since zooks are going to stun you anyway I changed the core to argy for better PA and En defense. The 047 head gives you uber lock range for sniping people across the map. The rail gun and SR pair nicely and don't require stability tunes. The motorcobra and travers is to take advantage of your jump at close range, it should be easy to get above your opponent and you have enough weapons handling to do it. I changed the flares so that they shoot straight up and you can jump into the air after them and make yourself a nice flare shield.

I have no idea if this will actually work online cuz I just built it and didn't bother to test. So take everything with a grain of salt.

My stability gets shit on, even with 047 head there. That and you put an MG on a heavy, so idk where that weapon set is going. Leaving this open to more ideas.

The head is just to increase lock range.

Someone is going to have to explain the flaw in that weapon set up to me then. As I've seen it used to great success and used it on heavy ACs. It seems like a pretty basic cross wielder. Sometimes you see a SC over the rail and/or a zook over the MG but that doesn't change the way the weapons work together. (You just lose out on a PA breaker)

Heavies can't control range well enough to use an MG. They need something that can hit a LW hard enough to deter it from coming in close so you can use your defense and long-range guns to poke them to death. You completely changed his bot instead of tweaking it, haha.

I would drop the back hi-laser and swap antares for a handheld hi-laser. Or a zook. Some sort of CQ deterrent. The back one just doesn't have the tracking you need to donkeypunch a LW dancing around you. I don't really have any suggestions to put in place of the back hi-laser other than missiles are something that can be tacked on to a lot of designs.

Noob's advice is good too, if you want to keep antares. In that case it's all a matter of piloting the bot to suit the weapons instead of letting the bot do the work. Play the defense game.

What if I try a Becrux over the Antares and maybe go for broke with a Kamal? Or maybe a VTF missle?

Edit: Ninety explained most of it to you, now I'll explain the rest.

The sniper rifle you put on their is shit. It really is. The damage and lack of other uses makes it useless outside it's comfort zone. I'd be better off using the ANNR51 because I can still poke at a decent range, but I have flexibility. Heavies need flexibility.

Another thing heavies need, is stability. I cannot have the shit stability problems plaguing ARGYROS parts on this craft, the RJs already give me enough trouble with that. An opponent with a Zook, or a Railgun or SC combo would bury me in stun, destroying me with little effort. I need enough stab to avoid as much hitstun as possible. Stability is so majorly important on a heavy, very much. That, and I think this leaves me with pretty bad AP overall too. Dunno if I would want that either, a heavy is made to abuse that, the more the merrier.

An MG on a heavy is just dumb, the heavy has no where near the mobility to captilize on the things strengths, and would be much better off with one-shot deterents at closer ranges (GLs, Zooks, etc.) or Hi-Lasers that carve half the life out of a LW, making them think twice about approaching me at all, lest they lose in 10 seconds.

Obviously the weapon set could use tweaking to just be less fucking drainy, but it will still be on the en-heavy side when I'm done, because the PHACT is staying, and I'm 90% sure I'll have a Hi-Lazor of some kind running on this craft. However if I notice I'm scooping too much out of my EN pool to keep up, the beauty of an RJ heavy is being able to use jumps to minimize EN use when runnig to cover or trying to avoid smaller missile swarms. Also gives me a hilariously easy poking game since I can perfect angles with a tap, or just play peek-a-boo with cover without giving up any EN, so this way I can continuously adjust my position.

Or something like all of that stuff.

Edited by Vincent210

What if I try a Becrux over the Antares and maybe go for broke with a Kamal? Or maybe a VTF missle?

Edit: Ninety explained most of it to you, now I'll explain the rest.

The sniper rifle you put on their is shit. It really is. The damage and lack of other uses makes it useless outside it's comfort zone. I'd be better off using the ANNR51 because I can still poke at a decent range, but I have flexibility. Heavies need flexibility.

Another thing heavies need, is stability. I cannot have the shit stability problems plaguing ARGYROS parts on this craft, the RJs already give me enough trouble with that. An opponent with a Zook, or a Railgun or SC combo would bury me in stun, destroying me with little effort. I need enough stab to avoid as much hitstun as possible. Stability is so majorly important on a heavy, very much. That, and I think this leaves me with pretty bad AP overall too. Dunno if I would want that either, a heavy is made to abuse that, the more the merrier.

An MG on a heavy is just dumb, the heavy has no where near the mobility to captilize on the things strengths, and would be much better off with one-shot deterents at closer ranges (GLs, Zooks, etc.) or Hi-Lasers that carve half the life out of a LW, making them think twice about approaching me at all, lest they lose in 10 seconds.

Obviously the weapon set could use tweaking to just be less fucking drainy, but it will still be on the en-heavy side when I'm done, because the PHACT is staying, and I'm 90% sure I'll have a Hi-Lazor of some kind running on this craft. However if I notice I'm scooping too much out of my EN pool to keep up, the beauty of an RJ heavy is being able to use jumps to minimize EN use when runnig to cover or trying to avoid smaller missile swarms. Also gives me a hilariously easy poking game since I can perfect angles with a tap, or just play peek-a-boo with cover without giving up any EN, so this way I can continuously adjust my position.

Or something like all of that stuff.

51annr argument is fine, although if you go that route you might as well use a laser rifle. You could also use dual rails which is pretty evil.

You lost me on stability. I can't see this AC fixing that issue at all. Even if you pick the parts with the best possible stability, which are middleweight parts, you would still get stunned and messed up by the weapons you mentioned. Tanks still get stunned by heavy weaponry, not sure on heavy quads. Need input.

I think the frame I gave lost about 1000 AP overall in exchange for better PA and En defense but whatever I suppose thats a difference in preference.

I disagree with your MG argument entirely. I'll be the first to admit that my experience with heavy ACs is somewhat limited but as a lightweight/lightmid player I find zooks and high lasers easy to deal with. With the tanks and heavy ACs that I've used in FA the only successful CQC deterrents I found were the Motorcobra and the laser zook, (Forgot the part number) even then only when paired with a grenade launcher. (I was using Hilbert or Argyros arms if this makes any difference) This could simply be because I have a very odd playstyle when I use a heavy AC though :3

mg sucks in general for cqc get-off-my-nuts because they can zone your mg fire while still being on your nuts

zooks/hilasers/marve/nades/plasmas/kamal are all way better at getting people off you

as a very experienced heavy/tank player i can safely say mgs suck on heavies and the stuff listed above shreds everything that tries to close in on you

and yah, cut the en-whoring-bullshit and lighten up on your generator bro loooooooool

the very least you could do is switch your booster to judith cuz fowad speed isnt a priority on soldner

after look this bot at the top over and over and over again, what I think is....

(just for frame and stabilizer only, tuning is your business)

047AN02 | *GAN02-NSS-C | ARGYROS/A | SOLDNER-G9L

HOGIRE | AALIYAH/G

**GAN01-SS-M.GC | ***LATONA | HOLOFERNES | KB-JUDITH

051ANNR | ANTARES | SIRIUS or ACRUX | PHACT or 049ANSC | GALATIN02

- | -

stabilizer (0, 0) or (0, +3)

*maybe bad idea for other people, but it was better weight and stability when compared with GAN01-SS-C. but you can change your core to TELLUS or SOLDNER for better thing.

**bad idea again, but main booster effective with many movements (except backward on ground). for normal boost issue, GA booster give you much more power to move (normal boost), btw if you don't like it, change to JUDITH main.

***LATONA back is too less power for HW stuff, keep on using AALIYAH for back will be good enough.

I tried to keep 'em in that way as much as I can, other FCS will be better choice. (keep you OMNIA, LAHIRE, EKHAZAR, etc........ your choice)

Now that makes sense. The slightly low AP is just a cost of the RJs, but other than that this looks great. I'll try that out, Probably still dropping to a hand hi-laser though, even being such a hardcore Sirius fan.

@ Rogan, I just want a lot of stability. The less you have, the stupider the stuff that happens to you (being stunned by a solo railgun). Stability is important, heavies be loving it

@ noob, I fixed the boosters already, jut forgot to update this shit, more on that tomorrow.

Edited by Vincent210