Pokemon

EX33396948

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Pokemon would look fantastic if not for those stupid, unnecessary stripes:

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon7.jpg

I still think it looks okay, despite the stripes. Maybe I just like crocodiles and other reptiles. I don't know. His ability sounds cool, too (K.O. a Pokemon, raise his attack).

This Pokemon is straight up cool:

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon3.jpg

Or perhaps I just like things that are stylistically steampunk.

That second one is bitchin' for reals. Like a cooler Bronzor.

Ah, that probably explains it; I don't play ladder.

LOL DISREGARD THAT; I SUCK COCK.

Turns out I've been playing Ladder the whole fucking time and was too fucktarded to realize it. Fuck me.

Yeah you're playing ladder if you do "ranked" and it gives you points or whatever. Try to get to about the top 300 and you'll start getting hard matches all the time. So good!

I actually like the dark/ground alligator thing. I enjoy the stripes and the eyes in particular.

-=-=-=-

Ambipom --Immune to Ghost--

N: Adamant

EV: 6 HP, 252 ATK, 252 SPD

ITEM: Focus Sash (If at 100% HP, negates an OHKO once with 1 HP left.)

M1: Fake-Out

M2: Double Slap

M3: Aerial Ace

M4: Thunder Wave

Jolteon --Immune to Elec--

N: Timid

EV: 6 HP, 252 SATK, 252 SPD

ITEM: Life Orb (+30% more damage for 10% HP per turn.)

M1: Thunderbolt

M2: Shadow Ball

M3: Hidden Power (Ice)

M4: Thunder Wave

Vaporeon --Immune to Water--

N: Modest

EV: 252 DEF, 252 SATK, 6 SPD.

I: Lum Berry (Cures any satus ailment.)

M1: Surf

M2: Ice Beam

M3: Hidden Power (Grass)

M4: Haze

Infernape --No Immunity--

N: Adamant / Jolly

EV: 6 HP, 252 ATK, 252 SPD

ITEM: Expert Belt (Super-effective moves do 20% more damage.)

M1: Mach Punch

M2: Flare Blitz

M3: Earthquake

M4: Grass Knot

Rhypherior --Immune to Elec--

N: Adamant

EV: 252 ATK, 252 SDEF, 6 SPD

ITEM: Pasho Berry. (Reduces super-effective water damage.)

M1: Ice Punch

M2: Fire Punch

M3: Elec Punch

M4: Earthquake

Cresselia --Immune to Ground--

N: ???

EV: ???, ???, ???

I: Light Clay (Entends the turn duration of barrier moves by 3.)

M1: Thunder Wave

M2: Reflect

M3: Light Screen

M4: Healing Wish

-=-=-=-

Ambipom: Physical Sweeper. Possibly the best anti-lead in existence. It nullifies nearly everything except for what I like to call 'brick' leads. 'Brick' leads are things like Metagross that you can't really do anything to until you bust-out your sweepers to 'break' the 'brick'. Paralysis rules.

Jolteon: Special Sweeper. Rotom, Gengar, Flygon, Garchomp, 90% of Dragon types, prepare to fail. Paralysis rules.

Vaporeon: Special Tank/Sweeper. Haze destroys bulky setups.

Infernape: Physical Sweeper. Grass Knot for Water types.

Rhypherior: Physical Tank. Move versatility allows for surprising effectiveness.

Cresselia: Balanced Tank. Purely for team support and does very well at stalling if needed. Paralysis Rules.

-=-=-=-

Man, why would you go EQ over SE for Rhyperior? SE is his most powerful move and hits everything while EQ is blocked by flying types and pokes with levitate. What's up with all the punches? Stone edge will do more to dragons than ice punch, except for flygon. But you shouldn't stay in against flygon anyways since he'll outspeed to destroy you with his EQ. Hell, EQ will fuck up everyone on your team; you've got three 2x weaknesses to it and everything else is neutral barring Cress. Cress doesn't have any moves that would make an EQ user switch out though, so the other guy can just start using another move. Fuck, Cress doesn't have any moves that would make a poke switch out. Why on earth do you have HP Grass on vape when surf will outdamage it in every matchup other than against other waters? It's not like you have to fear other waters though with water absorb. Toxic would be better there, in my opinion. DoubleSlap? Really? Why the fuck would you use doubleslap? Return is ambipom's best STAB attack. I know aerial ace is tempting to go against fighting types that will switch into ambi looking for a OHKO but you're not going to take those out unless they're already fucked. Since ambi's your lead they'll probably be coming in at 100%. Use U-turn so you can hit them and switch out to something that isn't rhyperior. Infernape and jolteon are basically the only pokes I don't have a problem with except that they give you two 2x weaknesses to ground, one of the most common attack types in OU. Edited by Gary the Tennis Coach

• 3 weeks later...

I've said it at other places, and to a few of acU as well, but I never considered Mence, Latias, or Garchomp as being that bad. I'd definitely say they're better than most though, and if one goes, the others should too.

I don't really think anything else will get banned to Ubers. Jirachi is the only one that is sketchy simply because serene grace flinch hax, but I still don't see it getting bumped. Scizor has enough counters in OU to keep him there.

GFAQs has still been pretty funny about the whole thing. So funny it gave me headaches.

Soul Dew was banned on Latias while she was in OU, Raor. Shit would've been crazy if it wasn't. Honestly, everyone just seems to hate dragons. Garchomp, mence, latias; what's left? Dnite and flygon? Kingdra too I guess. I get that most of them have sick stats but, barring latias, they're all 4x weak to ice and like Hitler said, mence takes 25% from SR. It's not like getting rid of mence is suddenly going to open up a whole new avenue of builds. It just means people EV to take out dragonite instead of mence.

I never encountered a single problem with Salamence. It could be scary... But did I think it was uber? No. If I ever lost because of a Sodomence, I could always find precisely where I fucked up and should have done something else within my power.

And totally true that bitches be hatin' on dragons. Never had a problem with Latias either, except when it would Trick a choice scarf on to a wall of mine... I can't speak to Garchomp as it was already banned by the time I reentered the competitive Pokemon scene. Dnite will probably be a candidate for uber at some point, but won't make it there. Definitely too slow, even with a Dragon Dance. Not worried as far as that goes.

Ya, Wong, I get that. Scizor is common for different reasons than Salamence though, and it doesn't "centralize the metagame" much (if at all) since it's honestly pretty easy to kill.

The only people who will discuss Dnite as an ubers candidate are people who try to use slippery slope arguments. He's not even close to as good as Mence, who treads on a thin line. Higher Speed, SpA, and Intimidate make him unpredictable and way better than Dnite.

I played alittle bit with a half OU team and won 2 right off, and got stalled like a tard because I had 3 NU pokes fighting OU teams.

Kingdra sweeps are sooooo easy, I was using Dnite lead, Inner Focus/Lum Berry w/ Rain Dance, switch to Kingdra, pop sub if they going to switch, Dragon Dance if not, then start sweeping Waterfall/Outrage with this setup is sick, Rain makes Waterfall stronger, which keeps it on par with Outrage which is bone up because Kingdra has Lum Berry so after the first round it'll pop out confuse free, then can do it again or continue with Waterfall, if you get a sub out, game over, you can engage a hit or two against a tank and rip it to pieces, etc.. etc..

Kingdra is such an awesome poke.

Mostly because Sub/Dance Kingdra doesn't need Rain but it makes for an epic counter if your opponent pops Rain Dance teamage on you, switch to Kingdra and Outrage his poop out.

Edited by Enganacious

For all you Gengar lovers out there, I highly recommend you try this setup.

Gengar w/ Life Orb

Timid (-Atk, +Spe)

252 SpA/Spe, 4 HP/Def/SpD

Shadow Ball

Focus Blast

Substitute

Pain Split

This is actually a pretty nifty little setup, Pain Split gives you anti-tanking and a pseudo-suicide via Substitute; type coverage leaves something to be desired, but whatever it's cool. This Gengar mashes Blissey's like nobody's business, just Sub and spam Pain Split forcing Blissey to heal every turn or get KO'ed, Pain Split has 32PP while Softboiled or whatever only have 16, meaning you can out-stall Blissey with Gengar, pretty dope huh?

Edited by Enganacious

http://i47.tinypic.com/dxy87m.jpg

Anton (Gengar) (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef

Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Focus Blast

- Shadow Ball

- Substitute

- Pain Split

---

Pain Split Gengar lets me outwall Chansey. Focus blast and shadow ball will hit everything in the metagame for super or neutral. Substitute blocks Twave. He'd prefer to have a sub passed to him from Vaporeon but having it in his movepool helps him to be more independent. I put the remaining 4 EVs in SpD over HP to get an odd HP for substitute. I remember Viv saying that lets you get out 4 subs or something.

Also:

Any HP value that isn't divisible by 4 can make 4 substitutes (without leftovers or recovery moves and only if it does not lose any HP other than what is given to the sub).
Edited by Gary the Tennis Coach

Great minds think alike, what can I say.

~

Is there any good counter to Smeargle and Smeargle-ish leads? (Spore, Fake-out, Taunt, etc..) I mean I suppose Dnite w/ Lum Berry is one, but one that doesn't need all that nonsense, like a Ghost type with Insomnia or something.

Pokemon immune to sleep, such as Honchkrow and Primeape work well, but they are rarely used in OU due to their other weaknesses. A user of Sleep Talk, such as Machamp, can deal with Smeargle, but the combination of Spore and Taunt can shut it down.

Smeargle's most popular set, the Spiker Lead, is defeated by faster leads such as Azelf, Aerodactyl, Jirachi, and Infernape. Lum Berry Metagross is another concern. The Anti-Lead can shut down these particular threats, but aside from being rare, it has little use besides dealing with enemy leads, and forcing Smeargle out is not quite difficult. Later in the match, fast Pokemon and priority users can stop Smeargle from acting, and if it uses Spore, revenge killing becomes quite easy due to Sleep Clause.

In general, the Baton Pass sets of Smeargle requires a bit of playing around. Hyper-offensive teams packed with Pokemon such as Azelf, Infernape, and Gengar can easily kill off Smeargle before it does anything. The use of Taunt, if Smeargle has no Speed boosts so it can use Spore or Taunt to intercept you, also shuts it down. Other than that, perhaps the best strategy to defeating Smeargle is to apply pressure to it, forcing it to use a sleep move and not get a free turn because of the Substitute. Then enter the field with a user of Choice Scarf such as Flygon or a Pokemon with strong priority moves such as Scizor or Infernape, who can kill off Smeargle or force it to switch, making it useless for the rest of the match because of Sleep Clause.

Source

I never encountered smeargle much on the ladder and didn't have much of a problem with him when I did, I think. A lot of my leads run explosion so I think I just blew up in his face.