Pokemon

EX33396948

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's really, really good.

He's fast with a high base ATK so he can hit hard and get off shots. He also has a great move and ability pool. He gets Poison Heal so he can equip Toxic Orb and regen health like a boss, especially with a Sub+Leech Seed set, he also gets Technician which makes moves that normally hit for low damage hit harder, which allows him to exploit they're usually way stronger secondary effects. Bullet Seed for example, hits between 2-5 times with 25 base damage, also had 30/48 PP. With Technician it hits for 38 base damage, so minimally it does ~75 damage which ain't bad, but it can hit for as much as 190 base damage. Because bullet seed also attacks multiple times, it breaks substitutes, focus sashes and sturdy. Breloom also gets STAB on Bullet seed so it his ~45 per whack meaning it does between 90 and 225 damage, which is bonkers. He also learns Spore, which is a 100% accurate sleep move, which lets him setup on anything slower than him, that isn't grass or packing sap sipper as it's ability. Add to this he gets fighting type STAB bonus as well, he can learn Mach Punch which is a priority move, meaning if anything comes in with low enough HP/defense and threatens to outspeed him, he can just jab them like Glitchko and KO their ass.

All in all, he's on of my favorite pokes too.

I got a new team, one that's of my design, not directly ripped off Smogon forums, has Breloom too.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-115583801

^ The team makes people rage quit pretty quickly, which is a bit of a down shot.

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/deoxys-defense.gif

Deoxys-Defense, Red Card, Pressure, Timid

248 HP, 4 Def, 4 SpDef, 252 Spd

Spikes

Stealth Rocks

Taunt

Thunder Wave

Basically this dude's job is to be a super-annoying lead. The combo of Red Card, Taunt, and Thunderwave breaks up BP starts as seen above. Btw, there's some motion to ban BP on some shit because frankly it's OP as fuck, which would bolo one of this team's gimmicks, but I would honestly be able to manage without it. Either way, hazards are good things, and paralysis is awesome too. Plus Red Card allows him to force a switch on anyone who's gotten setup, which can really make you cringe. So he's useful even if he's not played out as the lead.

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/ninjask.gif

Ninjask, Leftovers, Speed Boost, Jolly

248 HP, 4 Def, 4 SpDef, 252 Spd

Baton Pass

Protect

Substitute

Swords Dance

Basically this guy just sets up buffs for Breloom, Charizard, or Greninja; the last one only needing speed buffs since he's not a physical sweeper. Other than that, he's functionally worthless. If BP gets taken out of OU, I'll honestly be happy and just replace this guy with someone else as none of my offense pokes really need this dude to setup well.

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/breloom.gif

Breloom, Focus Sash, Technician, Adamant

252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spd

Bullet Seed

Spore

Mach Punch

Swords Dance

Basically this dude shits on people. I need to check in and see if the EV investment is correct. But even against one of the best physical walls VS this dude, Clefairy w/ Unaware, he can still KO her in 2 turns w/ Bullet Seed. And since he's got spore, that ain't hard to do. Focus Sash is dope as fuck because it let's me guarantee a Spore on someone, provided there's no sandstorm or hail, which is amazingly useful, granted no regen but Breloom doesn't hang out much with this build so it's a-ok. If I drop the BP Ninjask, I might change the EV investment and go w/ Jolly for more speed, and maybe even change out for leftovers but we'll have to see.

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/charizard.gif -> http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/charizard-mega-x.gif

Charizard (Charizard X), Charizardite X, Blaze, Adamant

120 HP, 248 Atk, 140 Spd

Flare Blitz

Roost

Dragon Claw

Dragon Dance

Basically Charizard is now as powerful as his TCG form. He literally mercs entire teams if he can just switch in and get one DD off. Roost is super-duper because Flare Blitz can really hit you hard with some recoil, and Charizard X's typing Fire/Dragon isn't nearly as frail as Fire/Flying. He has the bonus of being immune to spikes/toxic spikes on switch in, but still weak as fuck to stealth rocks, so it's a give/take. But there's very few if any pokes who can take shots from this dude, he's fucking amazing.

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/greninja.gif

Greninja, Expert Belt, Protean, Timid

252 SpAtk, 4 SpDef, 252 Spd

Scald

Dark Pulse

Ice Beam

U-Turn

This guy is pretty spectacular too. His ability changes his type to whatever move he's going to use, meaning forever STAB. Plus he has absurd base Speed and SpAtk (377 and 305) respectively. The going thing is to get Life Orb, but I went with Expert Belt seeing as normally you can be SE and not take the recoil. But I might have to swap over to it, although in 5 games, I haven't even used this dude yet. So who the fuck knows, there's also the chance I might make this dude a Choice poke.

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/mandibuzz.gif

Mandibuzz, Leftovers, Overcoat, Impish

248 HP, 244 Def, 16 Spd

Foul Play

Defog

Roost

Toxic

Last poke on the team and a monsterous physical tank. Not only is this bird bulky as fuck, Foul Play does damage based off the enemy ATK stat, meaning she hits them hard as fuck too. I'm not too sure about Toxic seeing as I already have other status causing moves all over my team. I honestly am probably going to swap it out for another offensive move. Defog is basically hazard removal that can't be blocked, granted it removes hazards on both sides, so it'll remove your own hazards, but Charizard is important enough and his weakness to rocks big enough to warrant it on this team. Mandibuzz is just a boss either way.

that replay was hilarious

i honestly hate watching most people's matches in any game (AC, ds, pokemon, w/e) but that was worth my time

like i'm only barely aware of what was going on but I got enough of it to know that it was very funny

also anyone holding up a red card will make me laugh

Gen III was the worst.

Things have changed a lot though, and I'll inevitably be grabbing one. For me, a big part of the problem was the aesthetic and sound of the GBA games. I like the look of the newer games (X/Y), and it's almost certain these will be built on that same core, so all I need for another improvement is decent remixes of the music.

There's nothing unexpected about any of this (the remakes or that I'll be buying).

Yeah, I don't care about abilities either way, tbh. It also removed day/night, which I really liked. Probably better than the batteries dying though.

Point is, the remakes are almost guaranteed to fix 75% of what I didn't like about gen iii the first time around, and that's rad.

Encounter rate isn't even the problem though. It's that water takes up the whole screen, which is annoying both because of too much sameness, and because it can make it harder to get a bearing on where you are. I hate water routes in all the games, and it just kind of hits its peak in Hoenn.

I'd rather go through Rock Tunnel without Flash.

That's another thing I kind of think they'll "fix" (it's not technically broken, but it is a pretty common complaint) though, if only by adding the occasional patch of land, or making them less of a straight shot through.

yeah see like the gen 3 games as games I thought were the best, even despite all the water maps

a big part of it is it has my favorite set of gym leaders aside from gen 1, abilities i don't care either way about tbh but they added a lot of cool stuff and i like the characters and so on

I just really enjoyed those games

the water maps didn't bother me much, I actually really liked them and thought they were the most well-done water maps of the whole series, but I could definitely see how that'd bug someone

bad gym leaders really fucks the later games up for me, its a pet peeve of mine but bad NPCs will kill a game for me quickly

I think it's because of how much I like character-driven stories

When I complain about them, it's as Pokemon games. They're still like a 7/10 for me which is pretty good on my scale.

Having said that, I'm pretty much on the opposite end from you. I find gen 3's gym leaders to be among the most forgettable, with gen 4's probably being the best. Wattson is the only one that really stands out. Maybe Wallace/Juan (I played Emerald). As far as other characters go, I find the evil teams pretty annoying too. At least they were as bad as Team Plasma though. Or the story of Black and White in general.

black and white were the low point for me, somehow lower than gen 2

i think it was the b/w story that irritated me

yeah i hate 4's gym leaders I felt like all but one were terrible, maybe worst overall of the games aside from the one I didnt play (latest I think)

its all moot tho im not buying this game im done with the games in general hahaha