Animal Rights

Lygophilia

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't get is in the same regions of the United States where people eat rabbit, they'd still flip out over the idea of someone eating cats or dogs.

I honestly don't get it, also most of the places where people eat cats and dogs, are full of dire poverty and feral cats and dogs which make a readily available source of nutrition.

http://schitzpopinov.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/1241100353_anchorman-kicking-the-dog.gif

He totally didn't get enough on that. That's what happens when you substitute stuffed animals in for the real thing at the last second; they simply have too much give.

What I don't get is in the same regions of the United States where people eat rabbit, they'd still flip out over the idea of someone eating cats or dogs.

I honestly don't get it, also most of the places where people eat cats and dogs, are full of dire poverty and feral cats and dogs which make a readily available source of nutrition.

I agree with you on that, dude. Who is to say which animals are right and wrong to eat? I'd rather people stayed away from endangered species, but that's not because I don't think they're edible and potentially delicious; I'd just like to see them stick around and be awesome.

Also, I don't really equate killing and eating/using something to cruelty. Unless it's done, y'know, cruelly.

idk what to say about that. I like animals about as much as I like people, and I treat them both the same. I'll fuck an animal up as quick as I'll fuck a person up. By that same token I try not to hurt either if I can avoid it. I'm not too interested in that morality debate.

It is what it is. Also, as usual, Keanu and I are in agreement. He is I and I am him.

hmm, well how do I explain it. I'll give an example.

Let's say a dog comes at my sister, and he wants to hurt her. I'm going to fuck him up until he's either running away, unconcious, or dead. Now, let's say a person does that. The same applies.

I'm not gonna kill the dog for coming at my sister, unless killing it is the only way to get him to stop. By that same token, if I'm out hiking and I see a snake or lizard and it's just chilling, I'm gonna leave it alone. Not cuz I'm afraid of being bit, but because I got no beef with the guy. Does that explain my position more?

I think I was reading into what you said incorrectly, I mean that's what I'd do too.

But I'm not going to hesitate to kill an animal if it's attacking someone, like if I was packing a gun.

Unless of course it's someone I really don't like, like Rupert Murdoch or Nancy Grace.

Nancy Grace would probably be out maiming other people and animals in all honesty thou.

I will kill an animal if it is attacking me or someone else if I have to. I also don't think there is anything wrong with killing them for staying in the natural cycle of life. So by that I mean killing them for food or even squashing a fly because flys multiply fast enough where you can kill them. I don't think they have rights so its not imoral to kill them. However I do think that inflicting suffering on them for no real reason at all like beating up and animal for the fun of it is wrong because crualty in my view is wrong.

That's bullshit.

To each their own, I guess. The purchase of something whether or not it's a living thing should be enjoyed by the owner, at least to my thinking. I don't see it as having the right (I don't believe in the term) but the freedom to do so.

Edited by Lygophilia