Elfen Lied

Lenin

I had an extremely one-side conversation/aggrofest over this anime with a friend over AIM about five minutes ago, and I don't see a thread for it yet so here it is:

Anonymous EXE: So, I finally got around to watching Elfen Lied.

*****************: That's the one with the psychic head slicing, right?

Anonymous EXE: Invisible arms.

Anonymous EXE: After like... six years of every loser I know not shutting the fuck up about it.

*****************: Haha.

Anonymous EXE: I heard nothing but good things.

Anonymous EXE: It's Chobits getting skullfucked by Kill Bill.

Anonymous EXE: Seriously.

Anonymous EXE: We're talking like

Anonymous EXE: The exact plot of Chobits.

Anonymous EXE: But with bloods and tits everywhere.

*****************: I never got passed the third episode, haha.

Anonymous EXE: Blood, tits, incest, piss poor voice acting and baffling levels of sexism seem to be the only reason this show exists.

*****************: ...Isn't that the reason that Japan exists?

Anonymous EXE: I know Japan isn't the most forward-thinking culture on the subject of lady parts.

Anonymous EXE: But this OVA takes it up to 11.

Anonymous EXE: 11 because 1 kinda looks like a penis and penises are better than vaginas. And there are two 1s in 11.

Anonymous EXE: More penises for everyone.

Anonymous EXE: Penises are a good thing, is pretty much the main take-away I'm getting from this show.

Anonymous EXE: Oh, and that all women should have something resembling cats ears on their head.

Anonymous EXE: Actual cat ears or otherwise.

Anonymous EXE: And be naked.

Anonymous EXE: All the time.

Anonymous EXE: It doesn't matter if they're basically pre-pubescent.

Anonymous EXE: Or if they're DEFINITELY pre-pubescent.

Anonymous EXE: If it has a vagina, it doesn't need to be in clothes.

Anonymous EXE: Fucking EVER.

*****************: XD

Anonymous EXE: Oh, and cousin fuckin'.

Anonymous EXE: That happens too.

Anonymous EXE: And not like "LOL STRONG MALE COUSIN RAPE WEAK FEMALE COUSIN."

Anonymous EXE: I mean that's like a major goddamn romantic subplot in the show.

Anonymous EXE: It's like their cousins

Anonymous EXE: And they make out and grab-ass with each other.

Anonymous EXE: And they don't even acknowledge the fact they're cousins.

Anonymous EXE: Outside of the first episode.

Anonymous EXE: And the main, fucking, character only seems to get screen time when the screen's been titless for 5-10 minutes.

*****************: Lucy?

Anonymous EXE: Yeah.

*****************: Does she ever put on a shirt or something?

Anonymous EXE: Tank top.

Anonymous EXE: And you can set your watch by when that shit comes off.

Anonymous EXE: And it's not like it ever has to.

Anonymous EXE: The opening credits are nothing but 90 seconds of her naked anyway.

*****************: It's sad when you see a character naked for, what, 10 minutes before you see her face?

Anonymous EXE: I know right?

Anonymous EXE: And after you watch that, the show becomes TOTALLY NOT CHOBITS.

Anonymous EXE: Seriously, she takes a .50 BMG to the face and it fucks up her memory. So really all she can do is meow like a cat and have female anatomy.

Anonymous EXE: And the black-haired, mild-mannered college age kid who finds her naked and alone names her after the stupid fucking sound she makes.

Anonymous EXE: And spends most of the show trying to teach her how to not be worthless and keep her clothes on.

Anonymous EXE: And at plot convenient moments when nobody's looking she snaps back to psychotic killer and tears some shit apart to give everybody a gurogasm or something.

Anonymous EXE: I lost track over what was and wasn't supposed to give me a chub around the time Notthechobitsguy stuck his tongue down his cousins throat.

*****************: XDD

Anonymous EXE: So I've watched 11 out of 13 episodes right now.

Anonymous EXE: And I don't really want to watch the last two.

Anonymous EXE: Because I know the 12th and 13th episodes are probably going to be a two-part deal.

Anonymous EXE: Lucie and this apparently-seven/eight year old girl go all invisible-arm-warrior on each other in such a manner as to surgically remove each others clothing.

Anonymous EXE: And have an ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN that gets creepy really fast.

Anonymous EXE: Because aren't two meter long invisible arms really just two meter long invisible tentacles?

Anonymous EXE: I think they are.

*****************: XDD

Anonymous EXE: Oh, will the cousins be turned on enough to bone each other by the overtly sexual dismemberment of an eight year old?

Anonymous EXE: Who gives a fuck?

Anonymous EXE: This series offers as much to anime as The Human Centipede did to not making movies about stitching people together asshole to mouth.

*****************: I wonder why everyone loves on it so hard.

Anonymous EXE: I think I actually answered the fucking SHIT out of that question already.

I watched it a while back. It was meh. Hilarious summary, nonetheless. Accurate, too.

Of course, it was Chris McKibbin that made me and my cousin watch it. Cousin lost his appetite in the first episode trying to eat a subway sammich. He got better as it went on, and we made many a jokes about the girl getting dad-molested.

Hey, that girl whose stepdad stuck it to her had the best voice work in the cast. Everyone else half-assed it so hard.

I fail to see the error in the points I raised. It's a hyper-sexist, gritty Chobits reboot with incest.

Edited by Lenin

The idea was there is more to it than that, and the sexism was meant to grab sympathy more than anything else. Or at least, these are where I'll leave the explanations for now, since I don't have time to dissect everything that's horribly wrong with that. It'd sort be like what Altair had to do to save the Mortal Kombat thread.

But with more boobs.

Didn't watch the anime, read the manga, all 100+ chapters in a single sitting.

The show is loads lighter than the manga. which is depressing as hell, and at least 10x more disturbing.

I actually felt sorry for the diclonii.

Lolspoilers: Lucy, The Eve of the diclonus; dies, Diclonus: the 'next stage in human evolution', are systematically destroyed. Humanity is shown to be fucked up bastards. Fucking Incest.

Pretty much the plot in a nutshell.

Edited by ^Slaanesh

• 3 months later...

Didn't watch the anime, read the manga, all 100+ chapters in a single sitting.

The show is loads lighter than the manga. which is depressing as hell, and at least 10x more disturbing.

I actually felt sorry for the diclonii.

Lolspoilers: Lucy, The Eve of the diclonus; dies, Diclonus: the 'next stage in human evolution', are systematically destroyed. Humanity is shown to be fucked up bastards. Fucking Incest.

Pretty much the plot in a nutshell.

The manga is way better though I don't plan to own or read it again accept for humor factor. I don't think I'll ever watch the anime haha.