The New Excaliber

Pendragon

AC: Excaliber

AC Game: Armored Core: Last Raven (before everyone was called Lynxes)

--------------------------------------------------

Frame:

Head | Core | Arms | Legs

H01-Wasp | CR-C75U2 | A11-MACAQUE | LH07-DINGO2

0/0/0/0/10
|
0/2/0/6/2
|
0/4/6/0/0
|
0/2/3/3/2

Internals:

Booster | FCS | Generator | Radiator

805-GULL | MF03-VOLUTE2 | FUDOH | ANANDA

0/0/0/10
|
-N/A-
|
0/10/0
|
0/7/3

Armaments:

Inside | Extension | R Back | L Back

-N/A-
| CR-E92RM3 | KARURA | W815L-GERYON2

R Arm | L Arm | R Hanger | L Hanger

WR07M-PIXIE3| CR-WH69H |
-N/A-
| WL14LB-ELF2

Optional Parts:

O01-AMINO
|
CR-069ES
|
CR-071EC
|
CR-O7SLA
|
CR-079L+
|
MARISHI
|
KANGI

Notes: My staple AC. Despite my enjoyment of the newer AC games, I always find myself loving this design. I didn't make it for functionality as much as I did for badassery. It's designed for any situation you could imagine, be it for defense, offense, melee, close range, long range, missile boating, laser cannoning, ammo spam or what have you. It doesn't excel in any particular area, but that's how I roll. I don't like specialty ACs that much because in the wrong situation they can be just REALLY worthless unless someone good is piloting. Thankfully this isn't ACO so finding a good pilot will actually be easy.

That's all I have to say about the AC. Hope it's good for the first design I posted here. I did some tests to try and improve it from it's initial state, so I hope it's in optimal condition.

And another note: ONLY PROS KNEEL TO USE CANNONS. You sliding tank/quad wannabes can go back to Gundam if you want everything done the easy way. >.<

Don't worry, I'm just kidding. You tank/quads are okay. For now........

well, developed complete.

have 2 designs,

Frame:

WASP | C75U2 | MACAQUE | DINGO2

5/0/0/5/0 | 0/0/0/10/0 | 5/5/0/0/0 | 0/5/0/5/0

Internals:

VULTURE2 | LIMPET | G91 | ANANDA

0/5/5/0 | -N/A- | 0/10/0 | 0/0/10

Armaments:

-N/A- | E92RM3 | KINNARA | WB69RA

PIXIE3| GRIFFON | -N/A- | ELF2

Optional Parts:

AMINO| ES | L+ | CODON | GOLGI | R+ | MARISHI

Tactic : play as you like

-----------------------------------------------------------------

and 2.

Frame:

WASP | C75U2 | MACAQUE | DINGO2

5/0/0/5/0 | 0/0/0/10/0 | 5/5/0/0/0 | 0/5/0/5/0

Internals:

VULTURE2 | LIMPET | G91 | ANANDA

0/5/5/0 | -N/A- | 0/10/0 | 0/0/10

Armaments:

-N/A- | E92RM3 | KINNARA | WB69RA

WR98L| SYLPH | SYLPH | ELF2

Optional Parts:

AMINO| ES | L+ | CODON | GOLGI | R+ | MARISHI

Tactic : spam only 98L until ammo dry, then drop it for put SYLPH....after that spam with dual SYLPHs. (still, play as you like anyway)

how about?

He wants a back cannon Taurus...

Maybe he'd prefer this:

Head: DRONE

Core: HELIOS

Arms: XS

Legs: Cougar2

Generator: LOTUS

Radiator: ANANDA

FCS: VOLUTE

Booster: GULL

Extension: RM

Back R: 69M

Back L: GEYRON3

Arm R: RA2 (Assault Rifle)

Arm L: R3

You've got a very good cannon for AP lead, two rifles to play keep away, and an OB to cancel your Kneel position and maneouver around for better rifling. Missiles might come in handy as well.

I think he also wants this bot to perform in 1p mode, so try to keep that in mind with the suggestions. I kinda think geryon3 would look cooler on the bot. Ditto with an r3 on the left hand or something. Something prominent to make you look more ripped. Edited by Colon Mokto

I think he also wants this bot to perform in 1p mode, so try to keep that in minde with the suggestions. I kinda think geryon3 would look cooler on the bot. Ditto with an r3 on the left hand or something. Something prominent to make you look more ripped.

The bot I built has your parts in it...

And this AC does work wonders in Single player.

I doubt sticking a cannon on a biped works wonders in single player.

yes, but didn't for all mission. some of missions you will fought with ranker Raven(s) and mostly of these will come with human plus so you don't have a time to kneeling and turning to someone and fire your back cannon........except 1) some kind of field effects that you can use in each mission like walls, higher building...etc 2) some kind of stupid bot 3) you come with your back cannon on quad or tank instead your biped or 4) you have OP-I or Human Plus.

from my experience about single play, I can end all mission without back cannon, so I'll not prefer (myself) to put any back cannon on biped but it doesn't mean back cannon is useless. (in other words, I'll prefer to put some back cannon on my quad or my tank only)

btw,

if look back to his (Pendragon) design, only thing that I'll change is....head, try DRONE. (unless he didn't want radar)

Thx for the suggestions guys. I am a fan of the Geryon 3, since it stays true to the MOA variant. I'll definitely also look into the drone head.

And trust me, I beat all of LR with a biped mounted cannon. I didn't use it against Zinaida or the Pulverizers that much, but it was a priceless asset against ranked AI, Evangel, Jack O at some points, not to mention it makes perfect trap weaponry (turned corner = boom)

I'll probably keep the main frame, but I definitely am considering all the other adjustments. Wondering about the Griffon and the dual SYLPHs right now. :/

*goes to turn on his dusty ass Ps2*

Edited by Pendragon

@Back Cannon does not work wonders.

It does. Seriously. It can even kill AIs easily. Proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85y9E0XFpF8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNnNB4xR5wI

Oh look, I perfected the same guy while not bothering to use a back cannon. What's better is I perfected him by just picking up last raven after 2 years of not playing and never bothering to move my lockbox.

Seriously, don't post youtube videos of beating AI, it doesn't really have a purpose.

He's right. Beating the AI in this game is never an accomplishment.

I'm all for Pendragon using cannons and stuff while kneeling, but I would never make any kind of excuse for it being worthwhile or good. Since he's playing pve, though, it won't be a big issue at all, though.

I doubt sticking a cannon on a biped works wonders in single player.

This is the reason why I posted this.

I am fully aware that posting AI defeats is no use when speaking about PvP.

And you're using TP + PEGS. Of course you can easily outmaneouver his shots...

Exactly; for it is only AI, and you shouldn't be bothered designing anything in particular against them. Just take something very effective and be done with it.

You could also take the argument the other way, and say since you're fighting only AI, that you can use anything you damn well please, because you'll ultimately win anyways. But if you're going to do something like that then you might as well not post the design at all. I stated this to some people on ACO like last year-- nobody wants to comment or critique ACs that were designed to play AI, because there's really no flavor behind them.

You are deviating off the subject TM. The original reason I'm putting a back-cannon is beacause I AM RESPECTING the designer's idea. I never said at one point that I designed this in mind for PvE. I just mentioned that it was as good in PvE in response to PD's/CM's comment that Pen might want a bot fit for PvE as well:

I think he also wants this bot to perform in 1p mode, so try to keep that in mind with the suggestions. I kinda think geryon3 would look cooler on the bot. Ditto with an r3 on the left hand or something. Something prominent to make you look more ripped.

I was simply bringing an overall upgrade that would allow it to fare better in GENERAL combat.

I've actually Fought this ac before on kai, and it's ok. But yeah the geyron 3 is totally useless and a waste of space/drain on him and he barely uses it. but w/e it's his favorite ac. Also note that pen was brought up on ac4 so he hasn't been stuck with the stigma that cannons are useless on bipeds.. cuz in ac4 they are a staple.

I've actually Fought this ac before on kai, and it's ok. But yeah the geyron 3 is totally useless and a waste of space/drain on him and he barely uses it. but w/e it's his favorite ac. Also note that pen was brought up on ac4 so he hasn't been stuck with the stigma that cannons are useless on bipeds.. cuz in ac4 they are a staple.

Aegis, I haven't heard something so stupid since the last time you spoke. ._.

I've been using cannons on my AC since Armored Core 2. And I've beaten all the games from then without requiring OP-I or Human Plus. Hell, I even went back to the original 3 PS1 games and did the same, though it was a bit harder. After a time of nothing but tanking and grenades, I evolved to the form of cannon weaponry.

I feel that kneeling has become a dead art form, and someone needs to bring it back. Even if I suffer losses here and there in PVP, I plan on improving with the art of kneeling for weapons.

Does that make any sense? No. Do I like how cool it looks when you kneel and fire a cannon? Yes. Does it pay off when you actually kill someone in PVP using it? Very much so. It's nice that AC4 removed the need to kneel, but it also took away a bit of epicness, and made it a speedfest instead of a tactical duel. A nice change of pace, but I feel AC5 is a welcome return.

It's like New Coke and Coke Classic.

Anyway, the point to my AC Excaliber was to be an all purpose AC. He does single player, PVP, and should be able to attack any AC from any range using a variety of tactics. i know I'll get a good reprimanding on how one should build specialized AC's for situations, but I just don't roll that way. Excaliber isn't perfect, but damnit, he's something.

Edited by Pendragon