Rise of the Planet of the Apes

The Talentless

Holeeeeeey Shit. I was on the fucking edge of my seat. This is THEE greatest movie of the summer, if not the year, and if not that I have ever seen. I HIGHLY recommend that everyone sees this movie. I keep emphasizing things because I can not stress it enough how badly you people need to see this movie.

I'm not going to spoil anything. Go get some friends, and go see it.
Edited by Jackson

I now want to see this movie.

It won't be the best ever, though. I've already seen both Metropolis movies, Paprika, all the GitS movies, Bebop movie, Super Troopers, Eureka Seven... Really it's got a lot of competitors that you just put it up against for saying how amazing it is.

My buddy kept saying through all the trailers that it was going to be dumb as shit and that it would be a terrible movie. He went and saw it and told me that as much as I loved Cowboys and Aliens, I'd love this film ten times more. He said it was just amazing. Edited by Ninety

I am that buddy. It is a good-ass movie. I recommend it to everyone. Nothing really stands out above the rest of the film (though Andy Serkis' mo-cap acting really is amazing to watch, as is WETA's CGI work), but as far as the film's concerned, it's the best prequel to POTA that could possibly be made.

• 2 months later...
Sorry for reviving a dead topic, but when viewing this with Jackson Lacey I thought the scene where the large ape got shot up/took out the heli contained a conversation between Cesar and the ape. I'm positive that as he lay dying he said "I Love you" to Cesar, yet Jackson says it was ape mumblings. If you remember the scene, whats your opinion?