Guyver

Aokiryu89

Anyone here keep up with the manga? I barely read the first chapter or two but I've watched all the Anime series and the two live action movies.

I just finished watching the newer most accurate to manga series so my interest got peeked to the max after realizing how awesome the plot was.

Little factoid- The actor in the second Guyver film is David Hayter, the english voice actor for Snake from the Metal Gear Solid series.

Dang I saw the movie awhile back, I had No idea that was Mark Hamil as the character that ends up being turned into a failed zaonoid experiment or whatever lol.

But yeah the first movie is a joke. The Second one is better, more action sequences and less retarded comedy, but still not the ideal place to get into Guyver.

The new animation gives you the story but it doesn't have the intensity of violence that the OVA had.

OVA is the best choice for capturing the violence in the manga

While the new series kept to the manga plot and lowered the gruesome factor a bit. A lot of off screen extremely painful looking moments.

You'd really almost feel bad for everything that goes up against the Guyver in the OVA version.

But yeah that first live action movie is absolute horse fodder.

Edited by Ogawa L.A