SoulCalibur V

Bakuhatsu Pengin

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nightmare is pretty broken in my opinion. Its pretty much game over once you hit the ground.

You're going to need a better reason than that because no character has a stronger Okizeme game than Yoshimitsu.

Edited by Rachis

yeah yoshi has so many mix ups from so many ranges and situations, once you get knocked down you pretty much leave everything to chance

nightmare isnt too bad once your grounded. if he goes anything horizontal, duck and if he goes anything vertical, guard normally

he is a very solid character though who doesnt have too many weaknesses, kinda like mitsu. doesnt make him completely broken tho

oh and wong what time you gonna be on?

yeah yoshi has so many mix ups from so many ranges and situations, once you get knocked down you pretty much leave everything to chance

nightmare isnt too bad once your grounded. if he goes anything horizontal, duck and if he goes anything vertical, guard normally

he is a very solid character though who doesnt have too many weaknesses, kinda like mitsu. doesnt make him completely broken tho

oh and wong what time you gonna be on?

Yoshi is straight up gay.

Nightmare is predictable, but his speed buff kindof negates blocking out his moves. I actually spent today playing him and had little trouble swatting most players.

I can play like every weeknight next week, from 8PM EST to 10PM EST. Still trying to get the combos down for Zwei. I think my main issue is that I keep thinking his reach is longer than it actually is, and ends up whiffing.

Man, I really need to find time to play SC5. I think I only got in two rounds of DkS in the last four days too. Too busy with work and school, or too tired when I get home. I should be good on Thursday though!

Zwei's reach is deceptive to even it's users!?

It's probably just me. Going to hit the training mode hard so I won't get owned like the last two times. Probably play some online too. Need to start doing that.

I was taking a small break from my projects. Still working on them actually. Due tomorrow before Spring Break.

When late will you be on? If you will be on too late, I don't know if I will stick around. Luckily, I will be off all next week! YEAH!!!

Edited by Honest Frank

No, I will be driving home tonight for Spring Break. I will be on tomorrow evening though, after work around 9:30PM EST. I will tell Jon (Dreaming_Sky) too. Don't know if you go to RH, but he goes by Ky Kiske there.

Going to give up on Zwei for now. Going to learn Devil Jin (Bo-bobo!) and Nightmare (idk yet). Just went through all of Devil Jin's moves. Thoroughly enjoying him so far. Learning Zwei felt like a grind. :/

This is my favorite easy wall combo so far: 2[A+B], 2[A+B], 2[A+B], 623B

It does around 68 damage on my CAS build @ tallest, so it should deal more at shorter heights.

Any CAS ideas for Nightmare?

yes, zwei takes a ton of effort

i have switched from hilde to zwei as mains though

nightmare is best with spacing and whiff punishing so he is naturally a defensive character

and DJ is the exact opposite

also, try NM wall combos!

236B GS B GS K(BE) W! 4K W! 4K(BE) 2A+B

should do upwards of 140dmg (probably more)

Edited by noob