SoulCalibur V

Bakuhatsu Pengin

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ZWEI's issue is a lot of his move list is unsafe and he has virtually no defense. So capitalizing on your offensive opportunities is a must.

Yup. Just like Urien.

By the way, this was the sole reason why I quite SC4.

Watch evo videos for lulz. Cuz that's what everyone was doing.

Cool. I'd like some pointers. I should be free tomorrow night. I plan to learn Zwei's moves tonight first. If you want, I can teach you anything 3S.

Oh, and use whatever you want. I will eventually play online anyways. If there is anything I learned from the arcades is that the only way to learn is to get beat up over and over again.

If there is anything I learned from the arcades is that the only way to learn is to get beat up over and over again.

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE

although i cant find anyone who beats me up over and over again :(

you must become better than me so i become better than you so you become better than me and so on and so forth

for zwei

-K is fast and has nice range. its a great move

-66BA is your standard gap closer since it has tons of range and its generally safe

-use 4[A] A+B for safe pressure at mid range

-1 earns you tons of CH and if you get a CH off of 1 its a free ultra combo

-66A+B has slow start up but it is very safe and you can set up unblockables with it pretty well

-if you can read when someone is going to do a vertical attack, 22_88K is the standard no-meter dodge punish

-if you combo CE B+K CE B+K, do not use the standard 4A+B follow up because it will whiff. instead use 8A+B

-44A is great for when your opponent is being overly aggressive and you need some space. do not overuse this though, as is range is very short relative to where you start the move

-holding ein boils down to whether or not your opponent is a scrub/has fast reactions. if they spam to all hell, dont bother holding ein and just drop the full string. if your opponent is intelligent and knows what zwei does or is at least familiar of his moves, thats when you can set up mix-ups, feints, and unblockables by holding eini.

-some unblockables are:

B+K(BE) 214B or 1A

66[A+B] [foward] 2K

-you can combo your ultra out of a bunch of stuff and thats why zwei gets lots of damage. you can combo out of: 4B(BE), 1K(BE), 1( B) CH, A+G 4B(BE)_1K(BE), CE B+K, 3B, 22_88K, pretty much any CH

-use B+K(BE) sparingly and only when you know your opponent will be blocking. it is a fantastic move but can be easily countered if used too often, but it is how zwei gets his most damaging combo (B+K(BE) 214B CE B+K 4A) which is somewhere around 150-170dmg iirc. even without the combo, it is a great way to mess with your opponents head since you can hold G after doing it and watch them eat a huge punch while trying to attack you

-after you crouch to dodge a throw or high horizontal, the normal follow up punish is WS B B+K A+B

-zwei has relatively bad low attacks, so try to grab a lot in order to force your opponent to crouch more often. it also helps since you can combo with meter into his ultra out of a normal A+G grab

-grab combos: (the follow up must be done immediately in order to combo)

200% (waste of 50%, same damage as 150%) A+G 4B(BE) 1K(BE) CE B+K 4A+B

150% A+G 4B(BE) CE B+K 4A+B

100% A+G 4B(BE) 1K(BE) A+B

50% A+G 4B(BE) 1K

0% A+G 4B 2K

-you can combo his 1K(BE) into his 1K(BE) if timed properly (wait for EIN to disappear before starting another 1K(BE)

-i have to poop but i think i have most of it down for now

-fuck it just read this thing http://eternalrival.com/team/330/soul-calibur-v-z-w-e-i-mini-guide/

Edited by noob

I'm still maining Yoshimitsu, but he's got a lot of bad matchups this time around so I decided to pick up Patroklos as my backup. The bad thing is I find Patroklos fun enough to maybe replace Yosh with him. Some douche on youtube thought Patroklos was broke though lol.

i tried to play viola but in the end i felt she was too weak for me

natsu is fine since she is very unsafe and has short range, but she could use a slight damage nerf on some moves

nightmare is just scary like he should be

Viola needs a buff. Nightmare is pretty broken in my opinion. Its pretty much game over once you hit the ground.