Cube World

Bakuhatsu Pengin

Cube World is best defined as RPG minecraft with less mining and building and more killing and adventuring

the game is still largely in development and there is no word so far as to a beta release date, but so far the game includes:

-multiplayer

-free-roam random generated maps

-lots of dungeons and caves

-multiple biomes

-randomly generated unique bosses and quests

-lots of dungeons

-npcs and a map

-building system based on blueprints for parts

-pets

-wide variety of weapons (swords shields axes bows hammers etc)

-customizable augmentable weapons via weapon building system

-character levels and experience

-combat system similar to monster hunter or phantasy star

-multiplayer and pvp

-lots of other things

cycle through this blog for much more information and pictures! it is all divided and updated regularly and better explains the ideas behind the game

• 1 year later...

https://picroma.com

big update since last year

-a beta is planned for sometime in the future

-an actual site instead of a blog

-plenty of new content added

-im too lazy to list the rest go check the site

heres an update video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMZ3U8OJIWk

Edited by Bakuhatsu Pengin

Yeah when I was a kid.

It certainly is a little ballsy of the guys who made Minecraft to go in that direction for the art style. It's different, but familiar and there's nothing wrong with that. I just don't personally like Minecraft as a game so I just say my friends are playing Lego's instead of Minecraft.

This game looks like it has some potential though.

Oh word. I agree, but I think it's too little too late. There will be those games here and there, but we are definitely living in a generation where things have to look pretty. Which is a shame because the gameplay is suffering for it.

I was saying they should make more games like this, different kinds, etc.. etc..

There's a lot more like this. I've just given up on posting them here because it's primarily devolved into sharing basketball pictures all the time.

• 3 weeks later...
Wow, a little late to see this, but the game looks beautiful. It's like everything I wanted out of Minecraft that I never got because Notch can't code a basic game without using a terrible engine. I can only wonder if this game will be moddable.

so far the game is pretty good

decent amount of content and while repetitive, its still entertaining (sorta like mohan repetitiveness)

however its appropriately an alpha because theres a shitload of bugs and glitches that need fixing and its missing a ton of basic UI features and options

if they iron out all the kinks and add a slight bit more content to classes and weapons id call it a full game