The Firearm Thread

Butts

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The barrel on my mosin is rusty, I'm going to scrub it out real good and shoot it again and if it's not hitting home, I'll probably at some point file for a tax stamp and turn it into an obrez pistol.

My buddy's mosin is the tack driver, to clarify.

Update: My mosin is no longer rusty barreled, alittle Kroil and a bore brush squared that shit away.

• 4 weeks later...

Fantastic. Both of those guys were lucky to avoid a ticket though since they let their pieces show. Maybe they were in a state that allows open carry or something.

I went to the range on Saturday with my father to shoot our 9s. I do not like his one bit. I'll forgive the sights for being hugely off (Aim at head to hit belly-button) but that trigger was disgusting. So much play. It's also kind of big but the grip weighs next to nothing so there's a lot of muzzle flip. Just an uncomfortable gun for me. He seemed to do ok with it though so if he's satisfied then that's all that matters.

• 2 months later...

Raor get us all guns like that one so we can be futuristic looking once we become Road Warriors after the big meltdown of human civilization.

And by "us all" I mean you me john and noob. Everyone else on this board is fkn pathetic and will probably get eaten.

Honestly in the U.S. post-apocalyptic survival logic means the following calibers should be your choices.

Rifle

5.56x45 (.223) - one of the most popular, used by virtually all police, and all military

7.62x51 (.308) - same

7.62x39 - one of the most popular civilian calibers, usually available in milsurp ammounts

5.45x39 - same

Pistol

9mm - most popular full-caliber handgun round

40 S&W - 2nd most popular among police forces

45 ACP - very popular among civilian, military (Marines), and police/federal agencies

Other

12 Gauge - Obvious shotgun caliber is obvious

22 LR - Most popular civilian cartridge bar none, highly useful for training and hunting

~

.300 BLK is cool, but not really practical tbh.

It's really only good for suppressed short-range rifles.

Something similar with a bit more punch though, would be dope.

It's 7.62x35mm and has less kinetic energy than 5.56, typically.

But it has heavy bullets that work good in suppressed weapons, doubly so for the subsonics.

Primary would probably be an AR-15 based carbine, with nickle boron components and proper length gas tubes for barrel length, some fancy add-ons (MagPul BAD, Gen1 Ready Mag, Ambidextrous safety, static irons, Aimpoint Micro, IR laser/light combo, weapon light, vertical foregrip, convertable sling, with QD suppressor mount designed flash hider) in something between .300 Blackout (7.62x35) and 7.62x40 Wilson Tactical.

Secondary would probably be a Glock in caliber designed around high performance ammo, something similar to the 60gr .357 SIG Special Purpose Ammunition, in a frangible round; but maybe something a bit bigger as to reduce the recoil arc from such a high-acceleration snap as with .357 SIG. With XS Big Dot sights, nickel boron components, and non-Glock one-piece triggers.

http://i39.tinypic.com/qzotvr.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/4pwmd3.jpg

Thinking of getting a Kel Tech SU16C after the holidays. It's an affordable alternative to AK/AR-15 and KT has a lifetime warranty on everything they make. It's 4.7 lbs unloaded which is pretty great. I could care less about the bipod in the handguard but the folding stock is really nice. You can fire the weapon with the stock folded and can even fold the stock with a 30 round mag in. It takes most AR-15 mags from USGI to PMAGS and the like. I hear the iron sights are lame but I'd probably put a Burris RDS on it eventually anyway.

• 3 weeks later...