What is the current state of the asian metagame right now?

incinerator950

It's obvious where the Americans sit and I know plenty of people in the European Server, but I don't hear anything across the other pond. I know they're getting updated because of FROM and not Bandai, so I'm assuming things work a little differently for them.

in 1.03 people have started to run around with multi defence ACs usually its either HRJ with KE and CE or Mid Biped with KE and TE defence, here are the weapons that received Buffs and Nerfs as far as I can remember:

-Nerf-

Weapons:

Gatling

Pulse Cannon

Heat Howitzer

Shotgun

Frame Parts:

Svir 251 Firing Stability -> 199

-Buff-

EN Machineguns

Rifles

Heat Cannons

Frame Parts:

HRJ Jump wastes less EN, instead of 20-30k it wastes 5-10k

500 more EN output on All Generators

KE and TE Arms Firing Stability increased (example: Severn 79->100)

in 1.03 you will either get raped by bipeds with Arachide if your TE def is too low or you will meet a HRJ that uses Combat Rifles/Rifles with an insane firing rate.... Tanks with Auto-Cannons are pretty evil too.

this is what I do remember about the JP side, its a while that I dont log so I could be wrong.... dont get my info to be 100% correct

Edited by Capitan Taroch

in 1.03 you will either get raped by bipeds with Arachide if your TE def is too low or you will meet a HRJ that uses Combat Rifles/Rifles with an insane firing rate.... Tanks with Auto-Cannons are pretty evil too.

this is what I do remember about the JP side, its a while that I dont log so I could be wrong.... dont get my info to be 100% correct

Sounds accurate, two videos that give me a good idea on whats going on over there, coincides with what you said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvOPaCDjH4A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydzl-taezN4&feature=relmfu

They still need to nerf HRJ legs Attitude Control.

Yeah, the guy in the second vid is abusing that for sure, something should be done about that.

Nooo, whys that, lets nerf the arms that are giving some higher fire rate to non HRJ users... :o..... that would've been nice if they could increase by abit the Stability of other legs, Biped legs really have crap Stability oh but wait thinking of it they also have "buffed" HRJ too, they decreased their Jump EN consumption... just a moment and I'll edit the revious post.

ACs with nothing but USGs

Tanks with only 2 Pulse Cannons and Amp

HRJ with... well... almost any weapon :o

Shotgun users with insane Stability (owww hello again HRJ)

those are kinda the only ACs that work and that are broken... all others things are dumbed down..

the dramatically pathethic side is that Skill is being dumbed down too, doesnt matter how much you focus or practice or struggle you'll die eventually if a crappy player catches your back with luck or if he has the right rock/paper/scissor. and the skill cap seems very lower than FA

But dont worry! in the next Update you wont get raped by those things ever again! you will finally be able to get raped by some new fresh combinations ;D! (-_-..... sarcasm)

I'm probably missing something here, but isn't that the RJs defining trait and entire purpose in this game? I mean if they're OP then they're OP, but shouldn't something else be toned down instead like defense or general mobility?I don't see why the one thing RJs are supposed to do should be nerfed. Seems to me it's along the same lines as saying "Man, that quad stability and aptitude with cannons is OP, it should be nerfed."

the dramatically pathethic side is that Skill is being dumbed down too, doesnt matter how much you focus or practice or struggle you'll die eventually if a crappy player catches your back with luck or if he has the right rock/paper/scissor. and the skill cap seems very lower than FA

Oh come now. You can't honestly say that the exact same thing never happened in fA.

Edited by Griffon

I'm probably missing something here, but isn't that the RJs defining trait and entire purpose in this game? I mean if they're OP then they're OP, but shouldn't something else be toned down instead like defense or general mobility?I don't see why the one thing RJs are supposed to do should be nerfed. Seems to me it's along the same lines as saying "Man, that quad stability and aptitude with cannons is OP, it should be nerfed."

Oh come now. You can't honestly say that the exact same thing never happened in fA.

No, the problem with HRJs is combination of their speed, high mobility, and high attitude control. This allows them to out gun and out maneuver all other legs. The only reason quads see usage is for sniper cannons.

And the FA comment is fail, unless you got jumped by nukes, raiden arms, pa bombs, or to a way lesser degree, koji arms, you could still make a comeback and win.

No, the problem with HRJs is combination of their speed, high mobility, and high attitude control.

Right, but what I'm getting at is that everyone seems to say their altitude control should be nerfed. I'm thinking, shouldn't it be the other stuff?

And the FA comment is fail, unless you got jumped by nukes, raiden arms, pa bombs, or to a way lesser degree, koji arms, you could still make a comeback and win.

Right, you certainly could. Which is why I didn't say "The same thing always happens in fA."

Edited by Griffon

The only reason quads see usage is for sniper cannons.

Quads have more AP, better defence for their weight, better turning speed, and can stay in the air for extended periods of time. I'd argue that they can make good close-range bots if you build it right.

Quads have more AP, better defence for their weight, better turning speed, and can stay in the air for extended periods of time. I'd argue that they can make good close-range bots if you build it right.

No, HRJs high fire rate will out gun them regardless.

That's based on stability, isn't it? I thought quads had higher stability. Or is that only in ready mode?

Only in ready mode. the highest stable quad leg is the viso at 1400+ stability, but are slow as fuck. The highest HRJ leg is 1900+ and it is almost as fast as most lightweights.

Only if you rambo-rush them and don't take advantage of their terrible turning speed.

you can compensate the shitty turn speed with wall jumps. I have been pretty much exclusively using quads since i started. Quads are too slow even if you are running the light beluhka legs and back peddle.

Edited by Barilzar

and back peddle.

That's something I rarely do.

Sometimes the easiest way to avoid fire to to quick-boost -at- your aggressor. You can then follow up with a quick-boost back in half a second, and with any luck, he will have turned to try and follow you when you first boosted at him. That'll leave his ripe supple back ready for chopping.