Dark Knight Rises

supplice.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good one? Hmm...no not really. There's funny ones, like a snake choking him out (a regular constrictor), but otherwise no I can't think of one.

Oh wait, I just remembered one from Namor's comic back in the like 60s or something. My dad's got an omnibus of it, though. Namor and Hulk fight, Namor gets him into the water and then knocks him out, which calms him down and he turns back to normal and Namor lets him wash up on the shore. They're buddies so he's like one of the few people Namor wouldn't actively try to kill or humiliate in a fight.

no fuck you

I can't enjoy a movie that has Batman pretend to die and make Alfred absolutely miserable, and when his cover is blown, Alfred not care at all about the emotional distress he was put through over a fake death. Which also screwed over the audience from the one moment I felt was legit powerful of Batman, to kill himself so everyone could live. Whereas the rest of the movie, and the last movie, Batman spent the majority of the time getting his ass kicked and only ever being able to do anything to thugs.

He breaks a guy's legs in Dark Knight, but wouldn't break Joker's legs right afterwards with his bike. And just like that, Batman is totally fine with wanting to be Batman in DKR, but how many gadgets did he use during the movie at all beyond the opening car chase? It may as well have been Brooding Iron Fist: The Movie.

(I use the term "opening" lightly, as you spend an hour waiting for Batman to even appear.)

He breaks a guy's legs in Dark Knight, but wouldn't break Joker's legs right afterwards with his bike. And just like that, Batman is totally fine with wanting to be Batman in DKR, but how many gadgets did he use during the movie at all beyond the opening car chase? It may as well have been Brooding Iron Fist: The Movie.

I'll shove an iron fist up your paper colon.

• 2 weeks later...