Drakengard 3: How to make sure no one buys your game!

Magnus

Winners still unknown.

#Drakengard3Haiku Contest Honorable Mention #1: Flowers bloom in Spring Thrive in summer; die in fall Then they are reborn. @Kruzwei

#Drakengard3Haiku Contest Honorable Mention #2: Like a flock of doves We were born to sing as one Soon I’ll sing alone @NatAntilla

#Drakengard3Haiku Contest Honorable Mention #3: On your knees, sister You have nowhere to run now The sun sets for you @cisumKtreboR

#Drakengard3Haiku Contest Honorable Mention #4: Two, my love, my light in these darkened times you shine upon the desert @TL97

#Drakengard3Haiku Contest Honorable Mention #5: Five needs or Five wants? Greed insatiable nature Sea of obsession. @Lukasz666

Edited by Siri

All the winners announced

Oh look they gave justifications

http://na.square-eni...nners-announced

The response to our Twitter #Drakengard3Haiku contest was tremendous! Not only were there so many entries, but it was also obvious that each one of you went to great lengths to ensure that every entry exemplified the passion you had for the Drakengard franchise!

After many internal discussions between our very own Drakengard 3 Director, Taro Yoko & Producer, Takamasa Shiba, we're really excited to reveal to you the top entries in our contest!

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

For starters, we've got the 5 honorable mentions who will walk away with digital copies of the PSN North American Drakengard 3 game code + 1 Collector's Edition DLC code!

Flowers bloom in Spring

Thrive in summer; die in fall

Then they are reborn.

@Kruzwei

"I felt that this described the Japanese word "shogyo mujo" which expresses the impermanence of all worldy things." – Yoko-san

Like a flock of doves

We were born to sing as one

Soon I'll sing alone

@NatAntilla

"While it depicts Zero and One, it also represents the end of all songstresses. There were multiple, but they were all alone." – Yoko-san

On your knees, sister

You have nowhere to run now

The sun sets for you

@cisumKtreboR

"This is very Zero-esque in terms of being characteristically violent and rough." – Yoko- san

Five needs or Five wants?

Greed insatiable nature

Sea of obsession.

@Lukasz666

"I would like to pay my respects to this person's courage for choosing Five, a character that isn't so popular, as a subject matter." – Yoko-san

5#

Two, my love, my light

in these darkened times you shine

upon the desert

@TL97

"I wonder if this haiku depicts the moment before Two's death. While one can sense Cent's love for Two, there's sorrow for having to lose her hereafter." – Yoko-san

GRAND PRIZE WINNERS:

And now onto the top 3 winners who will be receiving some awesome Japanese versions of the Collector's Edition, the Drag-On Dragoon 10th Anniversary Box!

1st Place

I envy the birds

Fleeing the looming black clouds

For I fear the storm

@Sour_Gin

"It's interesting because "I" and "looming black clouds" can be interpreted in so many different ways." – Yoko-san

2nd Place

In the calm, warm, breeze

the flower's scent still lingers.

Michael's friend is gone.

@Suijinheki_

"I selected this haiku because I felt it was best suited as a requiem for Zero among the others that depict her death." – Yoko-san

3rd Place

One, Two,Killing you

Three,Death knocks on your door

Bye,Five,Halved alive

@Hestar69

"It's interesting how it kills so rhythmically, and it's stylish how Zero's name, the assumed speaker, doesn't appear anywhere in the haiku." – Yoko-san

In closing, we'd like to give everyone who participated a big THANK YOU and a parting message from Taro Yoko.

"I selected the above winners based on the original English haikus as well as their Japanese translation. There were so many wonderful haikus, making it extremely difficult to choose. I'd like to thank everyone for their effort. In any case, why a haiku contest? This is still a mystery to me..."

- Drakengard Director, Taro Yoko

Congratulations to all of our winners! We'll be contacting you directly through our Twitter.com/SquareEnix handle so be on the lookout for a DM!

Edited by Siri

• 3 months later...

So I shelled out $20 for this game. Combat is enjoyable, but it needs to be more fluid. The music can be good and can be mediocre. The graphics are decent but the textures are only marginally better than SotC HD imo. Huge framerate issues when enemies spawn or you use flashy attacks; I've also read about screen tears but haven't experienced them myself yet. I haven't gotten to riding my dragon but I've read its combat system isn't better than on ground.

Do yourself a favor and get the Ico & SotC Collection, then laugh at my misfortune.