The Ravens' Voice - Armored Core Podcast

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good point

Were you looking over my shoulder as I wrote that or something? That response was lightning quick.

Don't forget that he also never allowed true admin access to his site back in the day when I was admin. Admins were glorified mods who didn't have access to all the technical stuff.

I have not forgotten.

NEVAR FOARGET.

Edited by Keanushiro

It's not the first time he has offended all the people who made his site possible. I remember going off on him pretty heavy in my old ThunderCats post because of the same thing, then he responds with this a bit later.

I'm sorry I insulted you and for what I wrote to Niji, it was a mistake.

With that said, now I must give you my perspective...

About merging ACO and ACU; What a joke.

I didn't come here for YOU, this group of members on this forum. I came here for Niji because he created something and that takes focus, dedication and resources, these things are valuable if you want to rebuild a site like I am.

Users who drains a lot of resources and create little in the sense of valuable content or have no skills to help with the building of a site or community are not needed.. Most of you fall in this category and I do not need you on my site. I do not intend or have the desire to ever merge my creation with this one.

It wasn't the best apology, but it was something. I'd call it a genuine effort, especially since I'm the one who started that topic. It puts him on the spot somewhat. The problem is he tries to rectify offending one person only to then proceed to offend like fifty other people with that last paragraph.

He doesn't seem to realize that ACU is heavily made up of old ACO loyalists, mods, admins, and content creators. He probably never will.

Yeah, I've read through that topic a few times. Good times. I never really posted much on what happened at the time because I felt like you addressed the issue as much as it was necessary, and that it was your issue to address (which is to say you had the rights to it more than anyone, not that it rested solely on you). He missed the mark on your motivations for creating a forum, and was insulting those sensibilities as much as anything else. I think you know I'm not ignorant to his actions in the last few years.

This more recent comment is to me what I imagine that comment was to you. An insult to the group as a whole, but something I might take worse than others because I was so close to it for so long. Skipping the rest of what's on my mind, I guess I'll close by saying that sometimes I forget that I used to care.

Man I get what you're saying but the sad thing is I greatly prefer JT to Beyonce in this instance.

Don't get the wrong idea though, if I come across as whining it's probably just because I'm trying too hard to say "fuck you EJ" without actually saying it. I guess if I had to compare it to something I'd pick constipation. I'm feeling backed up but also not really up to it.

That's either a horrible comparison or a flawless one, I don't know.

Fuck, that leaves me open to comments of butthurt and whatever too, doesn't it? Shit, I didn't think this through.

Man I get what you're saying but the sad thing is I greatly prefer JT to Beyonce in this instance.

Don't get the wrong idea though, if I come across as whining it's probably just because I'm trying too hard to say "fuck you EJ" without actually saying it. I guess if I had to compare it to something I'd pick constipation. I'm feeling backed up but also not really up to it.

That's either a horrible comparison or a flawless one, I don't know.

Fuck, that leaves me open to comments of butthurt and whatever too, doesn't it? Shit, I didn't think this through.

unpopular opinion alert I never really liked that JT song

I'm saying most of us who did stuff for the AC community at large and/or ACO in particular have a legitimite reason to be offended but it isn't worth getting emo over anymore. Not just with EJ but with anyone in general. ACO succeeded in the past because there were enough of us that were innovative, motivated, and inspired. Truth is EJ was always kinda useless but the scene was large, a ton of us cared, and many of us had the ability to make others care. This had as much to do with having the right people around as it did with having quality games, and many other factors I'm sure. Notice that ACO and Raven's Haven never really stayed alive without each other. It was never about ACO. It was about us. We know that even if he, or whoever else, doesn't.

Doods now will prolly never understand why the AC scene was so good back in the day, but fuck it. We did our thang and we know, and I think that's good enough. Fuck thinking about anything else.

This is what it's all about my guy

Like I said man, I get what you're saying. You put truth in few words and it's hard to ignore.

Also, I don't really like Cry Me a River either I just think Run the World is an ultra trash song. The video doesn't do anything for me either. I actually feel Justified was a really weak album overall with only Senorita and Rock Your Body as standout tracks. Future Sex/LoveSounds is stellar though. I haven't listened through 20/20 yet.

20/20 is pretty good I approve of it

justified is okay mainly because it had a couple great songs

FS/LS is pretty great best shit he got prolly

yeah Run the World grew on me the video isn't particularly good but the choreography is pretty great but that's par course for beyonce

If I didn't care about you guys or what you have done in the past I wouldn't waste my time logging in to read your post.

I play Armored Core, I'm a Mech fan just like most of you, I play LR with OB Express, but why does it have to feel strange, we are both fans and vivid Armored Core pilots, let's end this.

Let's agree here that nobody is perfect, I have done mistakes like everyone else... I can't sit here and go over the past, what's done is done and I have to move on and continue to support the franchise I created my site in the first place.

At this point the site is more a medium for a bigger project, supporting Mech fans in general, provide a medium to showcase their work and evolve the Mech niche into something much more, a blog for Mecha fans is in the works, a Mecha Convention etc.

You can be part of it, I invite you to be part of it. I don't hold anything against anyone of you. If anything the ones holding a grudge against me are some of you C'mon, I agree yes I have offended you a few times, that's because I'm human and sometimes you piss me off with your baseless accusations, but I let that slide.

Fresh start, I'm simply trying to make peace. This needs to end for....I don't know for what reason, but it should end sometime.

I'm not the monster some of you make me out to be. I genuinely miss how things used to be back in the day.

Let's have a dialogue, spill it out all, Let's discuss what bothers you in logical terms, let's try come to a consensus in a positive and constructive manner.

Edited by Hustler One

See, here's the thing.

You constantly have bunk ideas, and lose your cool when we make that known, you then generally speaking, make an ass out of yourself.

Then, you come back and pretend that everything was equal faults on all sides, and that we should all just collaborate and help you out.

That was the entire problem with ACO in the first place. You constantly did nothing but take credit, while refusing to even acknowledge that fact that members of the community did more for you and your website than you ever have or will do.

So, in that regard. I for one don't give a fuck what you decide to do.