World of Tanks

KORTOKtheSTRONG

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's because I'm half-asleep but watching this made me laugh. I can remember what I was thinking at some points and not at others. But basically I remember focusing a lot on trying to make use of all the campers in the corner of the map, though it never occured to me that they probably didn't need any help at all, or at least not as much as the hill (i know for sure that's why i went after the IS-5 instead of going straight for the tiger when the tiger was spotted.). I was also expecting arty to focus me more which is why i didn't kill the chi-to until way later. i almost never go mid on this map so i had no idea how the bushy spots in the center next to the track worked at all. I usually just go hill and do stuff from there, but like you said at the start, i would be likely to run into high tier heavies and do not a lot.

Another specific thing I can remember is that ramming the chi-to's corpse was basically because I was expecting the jagtiger to shoot at me right away (and thus put the tank wreck between me and his gun), but I didn't know he wasn't into a position to do so. I wasn't trying to kill the chi-to that way.

Also yes the T34 kill was hilariously bad looking at it. Dunno why i didn't just park when he fired at me to get the easy kill with APCR through the hull. I remember wanting to just circle him. I guess I thought he had more health or I was expecting the faster reload of the T29/T32? I never thought of shooting at the bottom of the hill from the center. Though I think that would be riskier since if I had fallen back on the T34's side of the tracks he might get more shots off. (then again if i just load gold and get two pens off he shouldn't be able to shoot more than once regardless)

I also take a lot of "hopeful" shots, especially with smaller guns like the T-43's. I'd like to do less of that in the future but I tend to end up doing it anyway. Same thing about hanging around in the middle of nowhere a lot. I have a tendency to stall time and wait for the enemy team to do something stupid that I can try to capitalize on, I just need to learn more productive things to do while stalling time like setting up and waiting for shots or stuff like that. Similar part for the start of the game. I think I was still trying to figure out who was doing what at that stage which is why I didn't shoot much early on.

ANYWAY THANKS FOR DOING THIS. I wasn't expecting you to praise my gameplay or anything but it was still nice watching it.

Edited by Not-Hunter

http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:t-43;5m94000.c:t34;00G4000

You can get 2 shots for every 1 the T34 takes and it would only take 2 pens to kill him after he shot the WZ-111 so you could have killed him with no danger other than arty and I don't think arty would have gotten you since you hadn't been lit for a little while and they were probably still looking by the T34.

The Chi-To's corpse is no better cover than the ridgeline behind him. Either the Jg88 would shoot you or he doesn't; not much you can do either way. Arty could shoot you regardless though and ramming the Chi-To sacrifices all your speed and makes you a much easier target. It's all about recognizing what are threats you can mitigate and how you can do so.

T-43's reload is fast enough that with maybe the exception of the tiger II, t32, and maybe an IS-6, I should be able to fire twice for every return shot from pretty much any tier 8 heavy. I'm pretty sure my brain just melted and was like "AMERICAN HEAVY GO CIRCLE IT"

Also okay, that makes sense.

830 ramming damage

Edited by Not-Hunter

RELEVANT OCTOBER THINGS FOR TANKS.

OCTOBER TANKS ON SALE

Oct. 1-10: VK 45.03

One of the better german premiums (Tiger II a tier lower but stock). Expensive though, and tier 7 rather than 8. Not an especially high value per dollar but a strong tank.

Oct. 6-31: Strv m/42-57 Alt A. 2

SWEDISH TANK. looks like a shitty autoloader. Likely to be 15-20$. I might buy one cause I like autoloaders.

Oct. 6-17: Panzer 58 Mutz

Probably one of the best german premiums in the game. Solid tier 8 tank all around with sniper gun. Buy one if you want german medium premiums.

Oct. 13-24: T-34-85M

Shitty tank

Oct. 20-31: TOG II*

It's a fucking TOG.

Oct. 28 - Nov. 7: M46 Patton KR

Also a really solid tank. Buy one. Sells for about 40$

BR? BR. BR. BR. BRBRBRBRBRRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBR

"October 12: World of Tanks celebrates Brazil's Children's Day with discounts on consumables, Emblems, camouflage and Premium time!"

ON TRACK:

Oct 3-17: Japanese Heavies

Oct 17-31: German Leo 1 line

Edited by Not-Hunter

• 2 weeks later...

I thought they tried the mauschen before and then trashed it because it was too good to be german. It doesn't look to be significantly weaker in any respect, though the traverse values are trash. (Also I just so happen to have 80k xp left on my tiger P so grinding another line from it would not be difficult.)

I'm more interested in the 100.01p though. It's got a 12.8cm gun at tier 8. Slow as balls but better armor than a Tiger II and 490 alpha is insane.

Apparently there's rumors of the Maus getting a huge DPM buff. The supertest Maus got it's base reload cut down to like 11 seconds with a bunch of other minor gunhandling buffs. I don't think this would make the Maus a good tank but maybe it could be more dangerous with a better reload?

Buffing DPM would go a long way towards making it a tank that does more than get soak up rounds for the team.

news on swedes

big thing i see is that the TDs in siege mode can keep net and binos up while traversing and aiming

that's dope

also 103b has same speed moving backwards as forwards w

https://thedailybounce.net/2016/10/14/world-of-tanks-supertest-maus-rebalance/

500 more dpm and better gunhandling is great

https://youtu.be/HGJ6rFf-SRg?t=63

look how tiny its aim circle is in siege