Visual Novels

Py687

When they're good, they're good. When they're pervy, they're better. Let's discuss some?

I think my first visual novel was Narcissu, a doujin novel which has since been released free over Steam. It is emotional even for someone like me, who can find nothing in the game to which I can personally relate. It doesn't take more than two or three hours, and there's optional voice acting, so I would recommend it. Then again, I have a weakness/fondness for tragic stories....

True Remembrance is another good one that has more of an actual plot. The game impacted me less but it still toyed with my feelings. I liked the story and characters quite a bit, but the ending turned me off some.

Neither Narcissu nor True Remembrance offer actual decision making or branching paths, meaning they are 100% linear and simply read as stories with music and artwork.

I still gotta finish Katawa Shoujo and Analogue.

I played Katawa Shoujo through most of the routes. There were some really funny parts and Kenji is a god but I don't really remember much about any of the other characters or their plots.

Played Grisaia no Kajitsu so I could see what an actual japo VN was like. That shit is long as fuck and I doubt I'll ever bring myself to finish it.

I kept the explicit content on in both. KS treated it pretty well by making it add to the story iirc and the part where you fuck the legless chick in the ass is hilarious. GnK I only got one scene and it was pretty boring.

I'll probably never play another.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd watch. Though you might have to stream via Steam instead of Twitch. They like to ban games with hentai stuff. I don't play visual novels much. Just straight hentai games like Do You Like Horny Bunnies?, Brave Soul, and HuniePop.