White Glint M

corruptblack

im New the the AC series so i need some help with designing in general the current one i am making is essentially white glint body with everything else changed hence the M for modified.

BODY:

Head: 047an02 <for long range sniping

Body: white glint

arms white glint < kept b/c of ap and pa durability

Legs: ekhazar < having trouble with the previous legs to get a rapid bouncing

R arm: 047ansr <powerful damage + long range

L arm: labiata

R back: mp0901 <vertical launch changes it up + stronger than other pm missles

L back: Dearborn03

R hanger: none

L hanger: none

FCS: Judith

generator: 03-AAliyah< Judith was okay except low KP my pa was destroyed by machineguns and im not really the best pilot so i went for the defence

main booster: Latona<suggested

back booster: Latona<suggested

side booster ab: Latona<suggested

overed booster: linstant/o <suggested

Tuning

EN capacity full

EN output full

arm maneuverability 18

Primal armor: full all parts

QB side booster full

Stability legs 24

any suggestions? ;) also what do stabilizers do? i know they distribute the weight so the next can have a tendency to go faster in a certain direction but isnt there something else? thanks.

mid range, my strategy is to stay away and use my vtf missiles to soften them up after i expended everything i come closer and use the assault rifles im just wondering if there is anything i should change with the body, tuning, boosters to have sustained flight while using this strategy Edited by corruptblack

Drop the hangars to maintain higher speeds and switch a missile pack to the other Dearborn set or the PM missiles. The difference in missile flight times/patterns will help you hit more often. Dearborn02 is better for immobile targets and Dearborn03 is better for mobile targets. PM's are just cool, haha.

Also, definitely drop the Argyros/G down to something much lighter. At heaviest, you want to use Aaliyah/G. I would recommend Judith Gen. This will let you boost much farther for each QB, which in turn will result in less power waste, which in turn means you need less power.

Your boosters are somewhat of a mess, haha. Have you got all the parts in the game, yet? If not I can understand the current situation, haha. Try going for an easy stable set of boosters first. I'd recommend the Latona set of boosters with Linstant/O for an Overbooster. After you get used to that move on up to Aaliyah/B and Holofernes for your back/side booster.

PS: Oh yah, forgot to mention something. Don't worry about permanent flight. It won't help you as much as you think. You'll want to maintain a high speed, which means bouncing off the ground a lot. That same action of being really fast and changing your height on the map often makes you more difficult to track and more difficult to hit.

Edited by Niji

Your boosters are somewhat of a mess, haha. Have you got all the parts in the game, yet? If not I can understand the current situation, haha. Try going for an easy stable set of boosters first. I'd recommend the Latona set of boosters with Linstant/O for an Overbooster. After you get used to that move on up to Aaliyah/B and Holofernes for your back/side booster.

I used all boosters that said made for sustaining flight lol x.x except the side boosters which where intended to be able get out of the way quickly and i do have all the parts, thanks for the suggestions

Also i do have dear born03 why would i change it to 02 when im fighting nexts and stuff o.o and how do i get that bouncing effect you where talking about i seem to have trouble getting off the ground after landing and still keeping movement.

Edited by corruptblack

Dearborn03/02 are still both useful in PvP. The difference is the firing rate/damage/ammo/velocity/etc. The big difference is the rate of fire. Dearborn02 fires faster than 03, but it fires fewer missiles. This means it generates a more stable amount of damage when it can keep firing one volley after another. Weapons with lower rates of fire like the Dearborn03 do spike damage. In other words, they're not meant to be sustained and firing volleys off one after the other.

Spike damage is more useful on highly mobile targets in any game you play, or even in real life, haha. The more mobile a target is, the more difficult it will be to maintain any form of stable damage. Thus, things that rely on stable forms of damage lose effectiveness against more mobile targets. Dearborn02 will punish someone who is running on fumes more than Dearborn03 will (fumes means little to no energy) since they'll be relatively immobile. Dearborn03 will punish someone more if you catch them from funky angles in mid-combat or through guerilla warfare.

When using weapons that focus on spike based damage, consider using as much of the terrain as possible to your advantage. Taking cover only makes weapons that work off spike damage that much more powerful.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the bounce effect. What I meant by that was just landing then taking off again. The only way to really get a decent "bounce" is to use a Reverse Joint leg, to be honest, haha. Sorry for the confusion.

wow nice thanks didnt even know the reverse legs did that lol thought they just looked cool. edited the original post w/ new specs + reasons for changes

btw do you guys memorize all the parts? or the important ones? also do you have to invite people to matches because i can never find any by regular searches o.o

Edited by corruptblack

Haha, I think most people just memorize the parts over time. It just happens naturally, I suppose. I can't remember all the parts in fA, though. It's been a while since I last played it. I'm hoping I didn't get Dearborn02 and 03 mixed up, hahahaha. It might just be the time of day that you get on, but it's more likely that there are just far fewer people playing AC:fA now. It's been a while since it was released and most AC games don't hold up over time very well.

If you want some matches, drop by ACU Chat and ask there or look up some more active AC:fA players like Hyde/Chodimus/Genocide/Noob. You'll find the link to ACU Chat at the top of the site, though I can't promise that there will be people who want to play fA readily available, haha. Most people have kinda gotten pooped out on it.

wow nice thanks didnt even know the reverse legs did that lol thought they just looked cool. edited the original post w/ new specs + reasons for changes

All legs do it to a degree; RJs just have really good jumping ability (it's their draw much like how, in general, tank legs have high load/defense, quads have high ground speed, and standard biped legs usually have better turning ability) so it makes changing your vertical position that much easier and also makes it require less energy since your legs will do some of the boosters' work for them.

btw do you guys memorize all the parts? or the important ones?

Most of us have had the game for quite a while and have been discussing stuff like this for ages so it just gets absorbed through usage. It'll come to you, haha.

also do you have to invite people to matches because i can never find any by regular searches o.o

You can invite people, provided they're on your friends list but you don't have to. FA's just been out for a while and it didn't have a huge fanbase to begin with so there's not as many people playing online as there used to be. I don't play anymore but when I did there were usually certain times of day when it would seem like there was no one online and others when I could find a game in seconds. It just depends on the other guys. If you're having trouble finding a match, try the "quick match" feature instead of searching since it'll just put you in any available game that way. If you'd prefer a certain ruleset but can't find any matches with those search parameters, make your own lobby and wait for someone to join. That way usually requires some patience but will often be better in the long run if there are a bunch of people like you searching for rooms to join but few actual rooms available. More rooms/lobbies/whatever you want to call them = more opportunities for matches. Getting in the site's chatroom is another way to find somebody who might want to play (though a lot of us aren't really fond of playing the game anymore so no guarantees) and is also a great place to get to know your fellow members more intimately.

Have fun and welcome to ACU!

Oh hey, Niji snuck in a post while I was typing this up and answered those questions before me. What a bitch.

Sup dawg. I see you've got yourself a midrange plinker here. That's not too bad, it's what most new people get in on the ground floor with. I'm surprised you didn't double up on the exact same model of rifle. That's good, since the different rates of fire produce more of a steady stream of bullets, making it easier to hit with over time.

A couple things you might want to mess around with for the time being:

Try switching the 051ANNR out a 047ANSR or some other sniper rifle. 051ANNR is about as close to a sniper rifle as you can get, without actually using a sniper rifle. The sniper will give you some long range hitting ability and can be used mid range as well. It'll deal more damage per hit and if you time your shots right you can be catch people as they recover from dodging rifle or missile fire. It'll be especially useful when paired with some fast moving missiles or some missiles that close from weird angles. People can usually recognize the fact that missiles will out damage a rifle, so they'll ignore the sniper shots for the most part. Even if the missiles don't land, you can probably plink like 2 - 3 k off someone while they dodge the missiles.

What Niji said about the missiles is good too, having two of the same type of missile usually isn't a good thing, since if they get the movements to dodge them down pat, you will be losing a lot of DPS. PM missiles, sure you could use those, MP-O601JC or MP-O901 are the PM missiles if I'm not mistaken. 601JC will launch two sideways and are good for spamming, they also keep people on their toes. 901 is good for damage and launches four vertically. You might also want to look into Musselshell or some of the other scatter/spread missiles. Cheyenne02, MP-O200, MP-O200I, MP-O203, those are also good missile units.

Also, if you do change to a sniper rifle, you'll want a head with at least 505 for its Camera Ability stat, so that you'll be getting 100% of your FCS' listed lock range. Hd-Hogire, Hd-Judith, AN047 head, those I feel would be great for this build.

Sup dawg. I see you've got yourself a midrange plinker here. That's not too bad, it's what most new people get in on the ground floor with. I'm surprised you didn't double up on the exact same model of rifle. That's good, since the different rates of fire produce more of a steady stream of bullets, making it easier to hit with over time.

A couple things you might want to mess around with for the time being:

Try switching the 051ANNR out a 047ANSR or some other sniper rifle. 051ANNR is about as close to a sniper rifle as you can get, without actually using a sniper rifle. The sniper will give you some long range hitting ability and can be used mid range as well. It'll deal more damage per hit and if you time your shots right you can be catch people as they recover from dodging rifle or missile fire. It'll be especially useful when paired with some fast moving missiles or some missiles that close from weird angles. People can usually recognize the fact that missiles will out damage a rifle, so they'll ignore the sniper shots for the most part. Even if the missiles don't land, you can probably plink like 2 - 3 k off someone while they dodge the missiles.

i actually did double the same when i started out but then figured it would be better to have one focus on pa attenuation and the other on pure damage so should i change the laibitia with something that is stronger in that area? i agree with the sniper suggestion so i will change it

p.s is it right to assume that the booster change suggested by nijii was because of the low en cost? id like to know and learn what im doing instead of just taking suggestions from people

new specs edited above

Edited by corruptblack

I didn't see what the boosters were before you made the change, but Latona set is generally known for low-drain but respectable power. Since par for the course in this area would be low drain, low power; Latona are generally regarded as a tier booster set because of this. So yeah, it is good to assume that. Since low drain will equate to more boost/flight time. However, you should find what is right for your design, sometimes all low drain will not be good on every AC. As is, you can stand with Latona, since it kind of gets the best of both worlds, power and sustainability (more so sustainability than power).

Labiata you can also keep, it has good damage per round for the amount of ammo it has, which is second only to the GAN rifle, although the GAN by comparison is far inferior to most other rifles. If you're still looking for another rifle, you can check out MR-100R, that's a good one. 063ANAR is the assault rifle that straddles the line between a standard rifle and the rest of the assault rifles, like how 051ANNR straddles the line between sniper rifles and regular rifles.

swap teh back units with each other. SR + VTF = WTF; SR = mid-long range and VTF = close range (fired at mid range its pretty easy to outrun/dodge)

so then you should have PM + SR and RF + VTF.

if you ever want more lock range for the SR, swtich the FCS to hogire. its like a bigger, slightly slower judith.