Armored Core Battles #4 Noblesse Oblige vs White Glint

Winner?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Noblesse Oblige
    • White Glint
    • Other
    • Stalemate

Noblesse Oblige in both FA and AC4 was an aesthetic AC at best. The Rosenthal internals make it so damn slow, and to have a blade on top of that just makes Noblesse Oblige a huuuge failure in my book. White Glint on the other hand (in both FA and AC4, again) was fairly solid as far as premade schematics go.

So yeah, White Glint wins. No contest.

Solely for the sake of arguing and making this topic topical, I'm going to vouch for Noblesse [AC4]. In 1.4, despite the internals, it probably has near comparable mobility. Glint has ALIYA insides. G is a good gen, but M is kind of drainy. S is unusable in 1.4, though decent with enough cap in 1.6. NO also has the AP lead.

Any smart pilot would drop the blades on either. Glint will be more mobile, but only in short bursts, while the slower NO can keep up evasive maneuvers. Perhaps more important though are the FCS's. Glint has INBLUE, with virtually no see through cover range (STCR). NO has HOGIRE, not exceptionally good STCR, but it beats INBLUE easily. If NO could keep up a strong turtle game, he could get in a hit with dual AB cannons. Glint's e def is low, it uses SALAF core. It could take up to 15K damage depending on the range. 10K is a good estimate. After that, NO could drop one AB for a good mobility up and EN increase. Backpedaling with R100R (which outranges 102) to drain Glint of energy could prevent a flanking maneuver, which would give Glint the upper hand.

I still can't see Noblesse coming out on top. All this might make it closer but I still see White Glint (O'Brian- or Unknown-piloted) winning. I'm still banking on the stark differences between Rosenthal and Rayleonard boosters. Rachel and Hogire boosters are ridiculously weak, and that hampers both maneuverability and turning. I'm figuring that Noblesse would be so laterally inept that Glint wouldn't be penalized very much for bottoming out.

I suppose if Noblesse pulled some cheap shit like doing the Wilson Noblesse would come out on top.

WHITE GLINT for mid-range dual rifles, dual missiles, long duration side QB...and assault-armor. while NOBLESSE OBLIGE have nothing but much more AP and more powerful of dual wing cannons.

so, WHITE GLINT ftw.