SA77

DD/10

--

69RA

GNL

MG/500

HGL/100

Optionals: Screens, STAB, FCS+, Turn, Cool

This thing will smash just about any non-broken setup in legal SL (being no OP-I).

The combination of GNL/OB and OB/SPAM with the speed and defenses will give you an edge on just about anything anywhere anyway anyhow...

The trick is utilizing proper anti-tank and anti-LW tactics. Trick is to time the OB w/ any GNL shots kinda like a rail gun/OB you want to turn on the OB before you fire, and have it go off right after you've made a double-lock and fired. Due to the short range FCS and the GNL's awesome accuracy, your success rate on hits will automatically be high.

Spamming the MG/500 and HGL/100 isn't really appropriate as a term, it's a very accurate, dependable, and dangerous setup; it will tear through any non-heavy/tank/shielded AC.

I might be wrong on the radiator I know it's one of the two between the SA44 and the SL version of the Ananada/Ragora. It needs the additional cooling because it's an OB whore.

This thing will smash just about any non-broken setup in legal SL (being no OP-I).

I definitely can't agree with that.

A lightweight that loves to fly should be able to ride this the entire match. grsl20 and/or hzl50 would both be big problems. They always are for quads. That handgun will also not prevent anyone from coming in hard and fast, before you can get your GNL game going.

This seems like a very blah quad. The type people make when they're first making competitive quads. I don't think I'd ever have feared this bot in a tourney setting. Nothing to set it apart from any number of LWs/MWs that can run the same handhelds (or better) with better armor and speed.

I mean, I could see it messing people up, but IMO it's most certainly not anything that would threaten any of the dominant archetypes of SL in a build vs build matchup. SHUT tanks can easily trade blows without much worries and not really lose the speed battle by much, MW/LW rifleboys can do what they always do without any real worries, and ditto with MW/LW missileboat runners.

The only way it would smash anyone is because you were just that much better than them.

The only way it would smash anyone is because you were just that much better than them.

Well I was that, I was able to out-manuever SHUT tanks, I was able to OB-flank riflers and flyboys, and give them general grief.

Granted in the tournaments I entered, it was 3 AC's allowed, so I usually ran this as my main, a soak heavy for flyboys, and my own SHUT tank with a plasma rifle on the right arm.

Tanks where easy, I could out joust everybody with my quad by using deeks to dumb GNL shots, then OB flank, pull a shot or two; repeat until I had the AP lead, then rush with MG/HG.

Riflers/LW's, I would OB flank bursting MG/HG and force them high so I could counter with a GNL plant; once you get an AP lead the defenses usually struck through most rifle/LW mechs.

Even if you have 3 AC's, so does the other guy; so usually I'd just stick with this quad as my main trump card and win regardless.

I would have trouble with really good tank players (Jameslee, Baker) or flyboys (ARX, Lukav, etc..) there's a few names I forget, but one guy was a LW flyboy extreme who used HG-150/SRFL/70 and missile poking (that was a pain in the fucking ass, all three times we fought).

But I had Meat Shield to fall back if I couldn't hang with harassment, 9999AP with solid shields pretty much poops on any design without heavy firepower, as it's quick enough to skirt orbits, and I was good at flank control/pitbulling.

The LW I used was HG-150/SRFL/70 usually, depending on bans I would swap it around for Rifle/SR, or MG/SR-HG or whatever was best suited to the part alotments.

But, that's kinda what I missed about SL; even if you had an "inferior" AC by terms of metagame, map control, aggro bully, and being a wily player could pull it out unless you were just spaded.

If it was 1 AC allowed (of which I think only happened one time) my quad shined because everybody was afraid of tanks and wouldn't go full LW, they would have to beef up their flyboys making them slow enough for me to poop on, and I on a few occasions just played for lead and avoided tanks on big maps (the SL map with flying platforms was a bitch for tanks, pretty much gave you the edge).

But hey, if you play to win, you play dirty.

NOTE: When there was play with weapon pickup allowed I usually swapped the head for Skyeye and went with a pair of GNL's or GNL/LQ, I tried orbits but I found OB+cannon was usually a more reliable option, everybody who used tanks was pretty smart about not being orbit bait.

Edited by Enganacious