Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition (3SO)

LlamaHumper

I just hope it's actually the arcade version and not of the bullshit console versions. Fucking Xbox version has slowdown on superjumps and Q's Capture & Deadly Blow command grab. Shit throws off the timing on combos.

No fear, it is an arcade perfect port!

I know. The reason I mentioned it is because of the things that people have noticed. Like Urien's Aegis being the same color for both players. Apparently, that was a result of the port process from arcade to console.

It's not arcade perfect, it's the console version retrofitted to be more akin to the arcade version, I guarantee it. It will probably be close, but definitely not "perfect."

I would've paid 60 bucks to get this game as a new release hard copy if Capcom actually even attempted to fix the appalling balance issues.

I suppose I still have to get it for Hugo and Q...

It's not arcade perfect, it's the console version retrofitted to be more akin to the arcade version, I guarantee it. It will probably be close, but definitely not "perfect."

I would've paid 60 bucks to get this game as a new release hard copy if Capcom actually even attempted to fix the appalling balance issues.

I suppose I still have to get it for Hugo and Q...

Yeah, I know what you mean. Why do you think I'm picking Q over Yang now?

S+: Q

S: Chun, Yun

A+: Ken, Makoto, Dudley, Yang

A: Akuma, Urien, Ryu, Oro, Elena, Ibuki

B+: Necro, Alex, Remy, Twelve, Hugo

Sean: Sean

• 1 month later...

Yah, GGsyo. The online has a lot of connection issues like AC5 does, but it also has very little real lag that I can even come close to feeling. Just like AC5! Hooray if they fix connection bugs!

Btw, the direct upload to YouTube feature is trash for anyone who has access to good capture technology. It's just there to support people with no way to record video. It's encoded live by the PS3, which is why probably why the quality is trash. It's pretty easy to quick encode and upload, tho.

Here is an example video.

IT DOES NOT SAVE USERNAMES AT ALL, EVEN IN THE CORE REPLAY FILE ON YOUR PS3. YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER WHO WAS WHO! Very frustrating.

D=

So, joining player matches is generally terrible. They instantly fill to 8 people and then I gotta wait 30 minutes just to fight once and either lose to someone who is lagging or get kicked out of the room because I win. On rare occasion there's a legitimately competent player on the other end and I'll get demolished. When I make my own player match room the game seems to lock up and not let anyone join, so dumbass connection issues are getting in the way there.

My best way to get games is to play ranked, which is actually not bad at all compared to the really terrible players in the majority of player matches I have to wait 30 minutes to beat up and get kicked by. It's about 2 minutes of search time per match, which isn't great but it's not terrible. Most of my matches are with JP players with orange ping indicators. That IS terrible, but w/e. So right now I'm like Player Rank 10, #13 Ibuki on PSN, 3000+ rank points, 70 - 100 W/L ratio. I was 48 - 52 just a few days ago, but I've been accepting a lot more orange matches now. I get tired of waiting for matches.

The best side effect of this? I can't join casual player matches at all now. The moment people see a rank 10 player join the room they kick them. So it took forever to get matches before, which drove me to ranked mode, and now that I've been doing pretty decently in ranked I can't join player matches anymore cuz I'm "too high rank". Unbelieveable.

This is nothing like GGPO with LCC. We were able to do like 150 matches in just a few hours, now I can barely do 20 in one hour.

On ggpo you had to set your status to busy to not be challenged by people every 20 seconds. People had the willingness to lose a lot if matched with good players too. That was the big selling point of the thing, everyone was really good and there were still a few less good people to play and get more even matches in.

I haven't played a single ranked match yet cause i've been playing ff5 as it's a good game. 3S and bad play just seems like such a foreign concept to me if it's with people i don't know.

Strange, from my experience the better players are in player matches. Not that ranked player are bad, but the best I've seen so far were in player.

But yeah, whoever designed the player match lobby was an idiot. I try to make rooms with 6 private slots, but no one joins ever.

I found one single player match (marathon) that was limited to 2 people, but it was a red connection. Like Niji, I just do ranked. Or ACU fight.