Front Mission: Evolved

Bakuhatsu Pengin

its been released as of 9-28-10

seriously though, how is the game? i hear a lot of good and bad coming from it. the game looks like a phantom crash/SLAI remake with shitty cinematics.

if you DIDNT know, the new front mission plays somewhat similar to AC as a 3rd person shooter with mech customization. no more tactical rpg.

- I got this game since 14.15pm at 1st october.....the game has been played at same day in that night (from 20.30 pm - 00.30 pm)

- in saturday 2nd october, I'd play same time as friday.........until yesterday, I'd start to play at 13.00 pm - 15.30 pm.....the game has been cleared......I ask to myself "wait....wat?.....ending?.......wowowow hey, isn't too fast?"

............or...in short, I'd a bit disappoint about "EVOLVED".......

=(

(I hope multiplayer mode would be make me happy......)

Edited by Tarstrudelvick

Got this game the day it came out and beat it a few days later. My thoughts...

-The single-player campaign is short. VERY short. If I didn't have the other obligations that forced me to spread my playtime out over a series of days (and if I didn't divert my attention to the online at times) I'd probably have beaten the campaign in a matter of hours.

-The online mode is hard to break into because of the way they set it up; basically you unlock more stuff the higher you level up. So this means during the first few levels, you're severely limited with what you can do and you're likely to get knocked around ALOT by the higher-leveled players seeing as they've got alot stronger weaponry than you. It can be pretty fun I will say but you have to be willing to stick out the initial leveling process AND it does leave alot to be desired.

-The controls and gameplay are tight and learning how to pilot the wanzers (what they call mechs in this game) is easy to pick up. Theres also gonna be times where you'll have to shoot enemies from a transport craft (in a rail-shooter type of gameplay) and times when you're gonna have to go in on foot. The on-foot battles aren't as awesome or engaging as the wanzer battles (likely due to feeling tacked on and having simplistic controls and appearances) so these moments might just seem like unneeded breaks from the wanzer combat.

-Compared to previous entries in the series, the story sucked. Plain and simple. You can pretty much see every plot twist coming (except for a few here n' there) so don't expect to be engaged in anyway by the story. This is due to Square Enix giving the story-writing duties to the guy who wrote FFXIII's story as opposed to the usual Front Mission story writers. Glad I never liked the FF series very much...

Overall it struck me as a game that had potential, but disappointed in the end. And this is why I went back to ACFA instead as my mech game of choice for the time being.

multiplayer mode could make me happy, good news for me. (hard thing is...you must play A LOT for earned EXP for unlocked other parts)

..........but...........

I'm still love AC games (any series) more than other mecha games.

Thanks Diablito. I was going to buy it later today, but your post has saved my time and money. See, I can only afford to buy 1 or 2 games each year, so I kind of have to watch it to make sure I don't get stuck with some short piece of shit. I still kind of want to play it, but not enough to pay, hahah.