Dark Souls

Magnus

Sendog is going to troll you enough on its own, probably, haha.

Here are my three characters for anyone interested. I'll include some notes for peeps like Fragrant.

Cool Hand Luke

SL120

52/16/40/24/40/12/9/9

Uchigatana +15/Pyro +20 @ Great Combustion/Great Fireball/Great Chaos Fireball

Grass Crest Shield

Giant Helm / Knight of Thorns Armor / Black Knight Gauntlets / Black Knight Leggings 51 poise

Can swap Giant Gauntlets in for 62 poise

Cartwheel/FAP rings

This was my first character and I didn't have much in mind other than I wanted it to be a dex build. That's why the stats are a little sloppy. However, because I had a focus for this build it still works as it should. I used quaalude sword for a very long time but uchi gets that awesome scaling boost at +14 and bleed is great in PvP. You build their bar up some and they'll start playing a lot more cautiously which you can work to your advantage. If you get blood loss then that's just gravy. I have more spells than necessary for PvP (at least with pyro glove) because this had PvE in mind too. There are too many points in strength because I wanted to try zweihander. Still, because my only real focus was dex, I didn't suffer in vitality or endurance. It also lets me mess around with a few heavier weapons like black knight sword.

RAMLOGJAM

SL 121

50/14/40/50/20/11/9/9

BK Gaxe/Pyro +20 @ Great Combustion/Great Chaos Fireball

Grass Crest Shield

-/Silver Knight Armor/Silver Knight Gauntlets/Havel Leggings 56 poise

OR

-/Giant Armor/Silver Knight Gauntlets/Silver Knight Legs 55 poise

Cartwheel/FAP rings

This build is tighter than the last one. I had all my stats planned out beforehand because I knew that I wanted to wield Dragon Tooth one-handed while still being able to use the black knight weapons. It's important not to wear a helmet with this character because his face is hideous and you can use it to overwhelm your opponent's mind with disgust and terror. His armor is probably going to change eventually but he's just now done with anal londo so he's limited in his equips.

Loose Lips

SL 121

40/12/40/12/40/12/40/8

Estoc +15 or Bandit Knife +15/Tin Crystal Catalyst @ Crystal Magic Weapon/Chameleon

Grass Crest Shield

Cartwheel/hornet rings

I'm not going to bother with armor since it's probably going to change from current loadout almost completely. This is an invader build and the focus is to maximize backstab damage with hornet ring and crystal magic weapon. It's the same build Mike posted a while back except I bumped up strength one point so I could use Moonlight Butterfly Horn in PvE.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just made it to Anor Londo. So yeah, you can just troll me here. I will eat a humanity when I see you online. I think I have a Bandit's Knife, yeah. It is on my file at the Depth entrance near Undead Burg though. You can have it if you want it.

Both the knight and dual wielding pyromancer were meant for PvEverything, which is why I was so paranoid about running out of "spells" on either build.

Ironically enough, this is the only game were I seem drawn more towards the single player, but thats probably because I've barely tried out the pvp aspect.

I know my knights faith is at 30, vit might be 30-40~, 38 endurance, INT at 15, resistance at default, and str and dex in their 20s, this at SL 129-130{Is 130 too high?}

My dual pyro mage has INT at 60 like mentioned before. SL 125-129.

I guess Ill look for the "darkmoon build" that I saw two weeks ago on this thread for an example. How that turn out anyway?

Yeah, it was basically to have enough spells to wade through the hordes in the game. I'm not sure what a PvP version of their build would look like. I feel so-so just relying on a single SB and Power within. How quickly do the fights in PvP end anyway? What if I'm in the forest? Won't I need multiple SLBs if I do manage to survive long enough to take out multiple people?{Not that I ever did. But I had a funny fight with an invisible person in 1.03 where we both swung our swords at each other and I somehow won the damage race despite having no lock on, this was on my original file though.}

Yeah, I use the unupgraded pyromancy glove, I at least got that info before using power within. :X

Also, what would be a good build for Priscilla's blade? I upgraded it to +5, but the damage is low, so I was thinking of making a build with high dex for the blade along with a ninja outfit. Speaking of which, I still can't find the ninja stuff, the wikis say the entrance of Blighttown, I checked both entrances and found souls and the iaito, but no ninja gear. Hoping to make a ninja character for high bleed damage with priscilla's blade.

Edited by Fragrant

Thanks John and Mike. Anor Londo is a lot easier with you guys. Though, John, where did you go? We turned around and you were gone.

So lets see, I have three Demon Great Machete's for Owen and a Bandit Knife for Mike. Anything else you guys need?

I am done for tonight. If you guys need anything, I am free for most of tomorrow.

Edited by Wong

Yes. Although what I don't know just yet is if a crystal shotel will do more than say a lighting/fire shotel, since that R2 of shotel supposedly goes through armor. I will have to test that out along with some other things with mike later.

Power Within is going to kill you if you've upgraded your pyro hand at all. It'll probably get you killed even then since you have low VIT.

Woah so it drains more life upgraded? I didn't know that. Does it continue to drain a lot more for each level you upgrade it or just a little? And if so does it give a much higher boost too?

It is dumb, yeah. It's just like how cursed weapon was best used with a talisman you weren't qualified to use, so that the hp drain rate was at its lowest. Just moronic.

I mean you could argue there's some kind of balancing factor involved for how good Power Within is, but I'm not sure they (From) even thought about that.

The last time I used Power Within with Pyro Hand +0, it killed in 100 seconds. I guess it takes 1% HP every second with Pyro Hand +0, and that explains why it only lasts for 100 seconds. Too bad you can't stack it with Bountiful Sunlight.

Jose and Elton when are we gonna co-op? You guys need to stop fucking around. You got me and John going darkwraith on account of you guys pussyfooting.

Tell me when. i am down for co-op all the time. It won't be real challenging though, I'm only on ng+ in one character. I can tell you right now that I need to hit up new londo for my str character, duke's archives for my int character, catacombs/tomb of giants for my dex/faith character and basically anything for my dragonslayer spear girl. Everything is open for my faith build too, since that's the one in ng+. I've pretty much just been gathering items and gear for each of the characters so far, kinda spreading around between them.

I've basically need to get cartwheel ring and the ability to get +15 weapons for my str, open up more miracles for my dex/faith and eventually try darkmoon and get sunlight blade when I'm tired of darkmooning, and get more spells and enchant weapons for my int character.

btw, is there a level limit for forest hunter phantoms? I got so pissed the other day. I don't know if it was lag or anything, but this one phantom was only taking 3 damage per hit when I was using my greataxe+10 with 50 str and she was doing around 50% to 75% of my bar with her soul spear. I was pretty close to her, so it's not like I wasn't in greataxe range.

Yeah power within with pyro hand +20 kills you like 2.5 times in 100 seconds. So good.

If you were only doing 3 they had to be guarding the hits with a shield. Otherwise you should be doing more. Levels won't get you the kind of defense needed to take 3 hp from a higher damage weapon...although gaxe +10 is pretty pathetic so yeah.

I don't think SLs are hardcapped anymore, no. I'm pretty sure I've been fighting SL200-300 people with a fair amount of regularity, as a darkwraith, and I got the same results with cracked red orb, and I think I've seen proof (although I don't have it handy) that the same applies in the forest. I'm not too sure about darkmoon but I think it's the same actually.

btw forest hunter is a pussy clan.

yeah, I agree. I'm not a fan of them tbh. and the phantom I was fighting didn't have a shield at all, or if they did, they weren't using it the whole time. And yeah, I want the axe to be higher but I don't have the very large ember on my hands yet so it's pretty much the best I have. I haven't really decided what weapon I wanna use with it yet.

i'll try to meet up with u for the knife but I'm not planning to play much today. I played too much yesterday haha. That stupid Duke's Archives claimed 40 humanity and a 2-3 million souls from one file, and 83 humanity and 35 million from another. Fuck that place.