Dark Souls

Magnus

Uchis are pretty amazing with buffs, and probably the weapon in the game that relies on buffs the most. Having a buff katana means the difference between amazing hit n' run slashes and pokes or a weapon that isn't very scary at all. It's especially true when considering the amount of online latency in the game, that often times running attacks get wild phantom range. The same was true in Demon's Souls with the uchi's running poke. It had some insane phantom range at times.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say it wasn't a decent weapon without one, it's just that it's not very scary. It doesn't have as much of a stunlocking potential like the Great Swords. The enchanted pokes are super scary though. Taking 500hp damage when guy's uchi is 10 feet away from you ftw.

Man, fuck you guys for having these discussions when I can't really reply to them.

Long story short, buffs are good if you try to get the most out of them. Basically make them count. Of course, if you do play very conservative, they're not worth the spell slot. I don't think buffs are bad, because they fit how I like to play.

When it comes to katana, I think they are scary even without the buff. Let's not forget that they are fast, have decent range and have bleed. Bleed also goes through shields as well too, just not as fast as it would normally.

Sure, katanas are not claymores, but they're not pushovers either.

EDIT: oh I forgot to say, yes, you could argue that you could outrange it with a spear and do quick pokes, but you could do that for any weapon.

EDIT 2: dope video, John. So sick with it.

Edited by Ethos

Sure. You can add John on that list too. He uses the Uchi without buffs, unless you count the Poison Resin. I won't be online until Friday or Saturday due to exams. Regardless, I am down.

Am I only restricted to using the Chaos Blade or can I mix other weapons in, including the Pyo Flame?

I don't know why you guys need me to do grudge matches. Chances are, I'd be using either using the Chaos Blade, Murakumo, or Silver Knight Spear anyways. lol

Whatever you want. I don't really care. I'll probably wait until I can get my recorder so we can get better angles on the fights.

I don't really wanna do grudge matches but I just thought it'd be funny cause I copy/pasted Jose's 'chaos blade is garbage' line. It's not like I'm trying to prove or disprove anything either. My opinion on unbuffed Katanas are shared with a couple other notables, and the matches alone won't change anything, just fun stuff to record. Mike even suggested me 1v3'ing people with unbuffed katanas! So fun.

Edited by Twisted Metal

I rock scythe. Not always, but I do. I use dss all the time, and rocked winged spear for a bit too. I used giant halberd for a while and bk halberd too. I also tried making lifehunt work for me too but didnt work out so well.

Now u know someone who uses other stuff besides great scythe.

Edited by Ethos