PS3 is Getting Raped

Magnus

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. Hack-based shenanigans go here.

Sony's shame remains here.

Also, it seems Japanese Government is completely on Sony's ass about how easy it was for them to get hacked. They won't let the PSN Store up there until the government makes SURE it's not got the security of a three year old's design.

Edited by Magnus

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, let's just throw more lawsuits into the mix. I'm sure THAT will fix everything.

Though I guess if they were fired for no reason, then I understand why they're speaking with their lawyers.

I just hope this all blows over soon. I'd like to play Armored Core For Answer and Wipeout HD without fear of PSN exploding again.

:D

Edited by Pendragon

Sony losing image and money willy help. Because then they'll know what not to do ever again: fail to protect their customers' private information.

Of course, that's pure speculation. They haven't learned from their past mistakes once before. So, no confidence inspired.

Sony also spent lavishly on security to protect its own corporate information, while failing to do the same for its customers' data, the proposed class action lawsuit alleges.

If this ends up being proven true, ooo boy. I think I would lose all confidence in the jerks.

• 1 year later...

From your link:

This is the result of a list that may have been passed around to hacker sites after the original security breach earlier last summer. Some PSN users may have already received emails from Sony detailing the issue and asking for them to reset their password. If we’ve learned anything from this, creating a new password after PSN was restored was a necessity. It seems like the data being used for the current breach is old.

That sounds sorta what was said in Jackson's link. Either the hack was fake and they posted old info, or they used old info to hack accounts that were still using old info.

That sounds sorta what was said in Jackson's link. Either the hack was fake and they posted old info, or they used old info to hack accounts that were still using old info.

His link was posted in October 2011 from what the page says. It just seems like someone went back and updated the news tags to include a more recent date (just rechecked and its not even the tags that were updated, just some trending topics for the forum or whatever, i guess).

Regardless, other websites are reporting different statements from sony all saying the same thing; negative.