Speed Grapher

SUMERIAN BLOOD GOD

I've been talking to Niji about this show while we were playing EVE and figured I'd talk about it with all of you! Netflix recommended it to me and the intro music hooked me in enough to watch the first episode. It's pretty interesting! Avoid the Wikipedia page because there are quite a few spoilers. And by a few spoilers I mean it tells the show's plot from beginning to end so I guess it has all of the spoilers.

Speed Grapher follows the exploits of former war photographer Tatsumi Saiga, who investigates a secret fetish club for the ultra-wealthy called the Roppongi Club. He tries to photograph the club's "goddess," a 15-year-old, exploited girl named Kagura, but is discovered. As he is about to be killed, Kagura kisses him, granting him the ability to destroy anything he photographs.

After that he tries to save her from the pervs and action ensues. It's really graphic. Lots of swearing. Lots of nudity. Lots of blood. Lots of blood. Some drugs. I'm about 2/3 of the way through the show so I can't really give a full opinion on it but I really like what I've seen so far.

It's available for streaming on Netflix.

Awesome double posting computer is awesome.

Regardless, now that I've read the topic, I'll argue with you, Gare Bear, in that there coulda been a lot more nudity in the show. But yes, there is lots of blood.

And Tsujido was my favourite character. Couldn't tell if he was a man or woman for almost the entire series.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h236/Usahara/Cudzidou.jpg

Edited by Jackson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A terrible show. Fruits Basket is dope, though.

Duran Duran is alright, too. They were performing down the street from the venue I was at, last Thursday. I was watching Broken Social Scene, instead. A wise decision.

Edited by Penguin Deus

• 5 months later...