HOGIRE | LAHIRE

Booster :

LATONA | LAHIRE | HOLOFERNES | KB-JUDITH

Armament :

ANTARES | 051ANNR | PHACT | WHEELING03 | 061ANRM

Hanger :

- | -

TUNING

- 50 points tuning : EN output, EN cap, maneuverability, lock speed, side thrust, side QB, turning.

- 39 points tuning : load.

- 28 points tuning : radar refresh rate.

- 25 points tuning : main horizontal thrust.

STABILIZER

(0, -3)

- mid range combat AC.

- reverse-joint legs frame.

- also tried with this boosters set : AALIYAH/M | LAHIRE | HOLOFERNES

edit : fixed for 4th development.

so what d'ya think?

Well, it's been a while since I've played but let me see what input I can give.

The first thing I think I should address is stability, you're rocking RJs, so you're gonna want to counteract that with some other, more stable parts. The EKHAZAR core was a nice choice, however the HILBERT, I feel was not.

Booster setup isn't bad, but I tried out the LATONA in place of AALIYAH back boosters and it seemed like an improvement.

The FCS isn't bad, but when it comes to ACs with a wide variety of parts similar to this, I tend to lean towards the HOGIRE, but that's up to you.

You mentioned a larger gun for the ARGYROS arms. Personally I think the ARGYROS arms are a mistake on a core like this, they weigh you down when you must try to be nimble, and they're not very accurate. I'd switch them for something like maybe LANCEL or HOGIRE, since being an RJ you'll be able to handle the drain easily. No, I take that back, the ARGYROS aren't quite as heavy as I had believed, they seem to work well enough.

As for weapons, I was ready to say something about the missiles since I have NEVER liked the MP-O601JC but with the extensions and paired with the DEARBORN, they seemed to get the job done. I'd still switch to the VERMILLION though. I cheated a bit with the "big gun" for the ARGYROS though, and decided to try out the ANTARES in place of ALTAIR. It looks larger, but it's lighter with more ammo to see you through longer engagements and I swapped the R201 for the R100, a simple, but beautifly versatile rifle that I think should compliment the ANTARES nicely.

What I came up with was this. Changes are in green.

PARTS

Frame :

047AN02 | EKHAZAR | ARGYROS/A | EKHAZAR

Internal :

HOGIRE | AALIYAH

Booster :

LATONA | LATONA | HOLOFERNES | KB-JUDITH

Armament :

ANTARES | RF-R100 | VERMILLION | DEARBORN02 | 061ANRM

Hanger :

- | -

TUNING

Load, EN Out, En Cap, Arm Maneuv, Firing Stab, Aim Prec, Leg Stab, Turn Ability: All MAX

Why recommend lower powered boosters. I've said it before and I'll say it again: A reverse joint can and should make use of obscenely powerful booster lines: Virtue/Aaliyah/Lahire/Rigel

Aaliyah generator is also unnecessary, maybe people like RJs but don't like to hop?

The FCS is fine provided you change the head like griffin suggested and are used to the missile lock. I would change the 102 in the weapon set. Pair the laser rifle with the PMs to poke people and change the rifle to something like a railgun. That way you can fully abuse your ability to backpedal with the rail and then use your dearbornes to play keep away.

1st thought: Fuck ARGYROS, get TELLUS. 2nd thought: I don't know wether he's using RJs for the reasons Rogan is bringing up, or to use RJs as a tactical maneuver that leaves less openings in a 3D playstyle. If latter, I WOULD NOT CONSIDER VIRTUE, as you MORTALLY WOUND yoyr air game. IF both, samedeal. If he is just using it because RJs allow you to play a basic (but inferior) up down regardless of drain levels, them maybe VIRTUE. To be honest I dispise virtue on any non-quad. AALIYAH mains work here.

Weapon setup is nice, no real comment.

@Girffon & Rogan,

thanks for you two guys, I'll try'em all. XD

oh, suppose you and me were posting at the same time, so I didn't see your reply at first, but thanks for you too Vincent. XD

1st thought: Fuck ARGYROS, get TELLUS.

hmm, or LATONA arms for better life.

I wouldn't recommend it, 'cause it might make you a lot slower than you want to be.

But if you do, you'll want to bulk up your core to something that can take a hit, like GAN02-NSS-C or 047AN01.

You might also want to switch one of your weapons to something with a bit more range. I don't remember how good the ANTARES is at range so it might be fine already, but if it isn't, you might want to swap it back to ALTAIR or KAPTEYN although personally I'd go with upgrading the R100 to 051ANNR.

I wouldn't recommend it, 'cause it might make you a lot slower than you want to be.

But if you do, you'll want to bulk up your core to something that can take a hit, like GAN02-NSS-C or 047AN01

actually I'm still make decision between 2 RJ legs, EKHAZAR and SOLDNER-G9L even I'd do a lot testing last night, so I'll keep the same frame (from Griffon's comment) for now. and I have a plan to swap arms to SOLDNER for better gunning abilities. (but change it or not, you'll know later)

I can't remember how much ANTARES's range but I'm sure that was far enough. btw, if I'll choose some of laser things, I'll go for ALTAIR, ER-O705, or CANOPUS.

and here is the weapons that I used it last night,

(use with HOGIRE for FCS)

050ANSR | GAN02-NSS-WBS | KAMAL | DEARBORN02 | NEMAHA01 or BELTCREEK03

howdy?

Watch me get ninja'd

@ Griff, if he wants range AND LAZORs, why not dat intense BFF LAZOR, 067ANLR?

And I guess a def issue may come up on this bot, but idk what weight we're looking @ and ARGYROS struck me as wasteful usage compared to TELLUS. Plus, NOTHING beats TELLUS' 128 EN Weapon Skill when tuned.

and nothings beat ARGYROS arms with 3k solid shell, 1.6k EN shell, and 3k for primal without tuning.

edit : btw,

I have a plan to swap arms to SOLDNER for better gunning abilities. (but change it or not, you'll know later)

and...

if I want some more range, I'll go for snipers. (and yeah, 067ANLR, it's BFF's laser)

Edited by Tarstrudelvick

or 063 for lighter arms.

btw, a plan for next frame is,

047 | TELLUS | 063 | SOLDNER-G9L

- core choices : TELLUS, EKHAZAR, and 063.

- arms choices : TELLUS, 063, LATONA, HILBERT-G7A, and SOLDNER-G8A.

- legs choices : SOLDNER-G9L and EKHAZAR.

I'll tell you what I'd choose later.

To be honest, it's because I forgot it even existed. Now that I've been reminded that it exists, I don't remember it being all too good. Fast and long range yeah, but poor in every other aspect, though I could be totally wrong.

Anyway, since I don't know what all you're going to put together, I'll recommend probably not wanting to go for TELLUS or EKHAZAR core if you're going for SOLDNER legs. You're going to want something with solid def, since that is the more common weapon type. You go with TELLUS on a heavy frame like that without Shell Def heavy arms or legs, you're gonna feel it.

Ekhazar core and legs already provides more than enough stability for an RJ. Go back to a higher defense head. I also don't understand why you're worrying about Argyros/A's weapon control on a build like this. With maneuverability tuned, it's not that bad and this is going to be more than fast enough to keep a lock on someone long enough for the small period of time it takes for the arms to adjust their aim. The aim precision is also pretty negligible as long as you're using your weapons the way they're supposed to be used. The defense and AP stacking more than makes up for it.

• 3 months later...

current update, how about?

*the reason that I'd pick NEW SUNSHINE core over EKHAZAR and ARGYROS or SOLDNER core is... NEW SUNSHINE was give me more stability, AP, lighter weight and a bit less drain.*

edit : yep, if we talk about just only stability, EKHAZAR would still be the most stability core in game but NSS core gave me more enough stability.

Edited by Taurus

There is no such thing as enough stability. Ekhazar would still be preference, I would imagine.

Also, this design is a cover addict. You have no ranged combat answer. Replace BigSo with Phact switch to Ekhazar and pray for the best? o:

I better start up the game before I say anything else stupid. Maybe I'll take a crack at this in a few days.