Boxing

Densuo

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way that was a low blow. The base of the padding is about where your hips are. Getting hit square in your waistband can't be a low blow unless you're sagging hard as hell, at which point we could clearly see your butt. It was good a liver blow. I remember the first time I took one of those from Eric Deleon. Had me unable to fight for about 10 minutes. Liver blows can easily take you out but they are legal and it should be defended just as much as your head.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm dissapointed.

Today Joseph "King Kong" Agbeko fought Abner Mares on Showtime's Bantamweight Tournament.

Winner by Majority Decision was Mares. But the fight stunk. Here's why:

In the first round Mares scored a knockdown that should have been a slip. It happens. Let's move on

Mares was scoring low blows repeatedly throughout the bout. The referee warned maybe 3 times tops. This guy landed at least 15 low blows. Mind you Agbeko was still doing ok.

in the 11th round while scuffling on the inside Mares lands a blatant low blow and Agbeko finally falls forward on all fours, THE FUCKING REF RULES IT A GOD DAMN KNOCKDOWN. All of the announcers are calling bullshit.

At the end of the fight I love how Jim Gray called out that referee HARD. it was classic.

I never thought I'd give props to a Sanctioning body. But I am.

the IBF didn't negate the decision, but they ARE ordering an immediate rematch. to be done within 120 days (December 14th)

Good on the IBF for not only ordering a rematch, but swiftly doing so.

I don't think I've ever seen rematches/trilogies involve the same referee. And I know Agbeko's camp would definetly not agree to that douchebag reffin' again.

A guy on twitter I talk to did some research... he looked up a couple other fights that this bum was reffin' same deal, low blows that were not punished.

Good ol' Mills Lane or Joe Cortez or anyone with half a brain woulda taken points or DQ'd his ass.

Edited by Densuo

Cheater dood is a known cheater, too. I hear it's been a recurring problem for the guy and he keeps getting away with it. So dumb.

Actually, Abner's previous bout before Agbeko was with Vic Darchinyan. Darchinyan was indeed hit with some low blows (not an absurd amount. I did watch it) And I believe Vic shortly before the Agbeko fight had sent a video about Mares.