Boxing

Densuo

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened before this?

Ortiz had Floyd on the ropes, and was banging away, Floyd was protecting himself properly using a combination of weaving, deflecting, and guarding, he shook his head, letting Ortiz know he wasn't doing anything to him, and Ortiz headbutted him.

Cortez immediately calls time, and takes a point. Ortiz apologizes with a hug and nigh-kiss on the cheek during this and Mayweather accepts.

Then, Cortez motions them to come forward and says "lets go" looking towards the Time keeper, while Ortiz again goes to hug. Mayweather has his hands up and his expression is that he's in serious mode, but allows Ortiz to hug him as you see in the GIF. Ortiz stupidly has his guard down, and Mayweather maps him twice. Game over.

• 2 weeks later...

Martinez won his fight against Barker Via KO10 I think. Barker kept fighting defensively whihc allowed him to survive as long as he did. but It feels like he took a dive when he got KO'd simply because I think he figured he couldnt win. Martinez, as far as I'm concerned was winning via aggression, once he finally hurt barker, he kept on him.

I cringed when the announcer referred to Martinez as the WBC Diamond Belt Champion. But one thing is true for Martinez, he is recognized as the best Middleweight and true Middleweight champion

Let me be clear when I say that I hate the alphabet belts but I have a very special hate for the fucking WBC. just read their wikipedia page and see for yourself what kinda bullshit they pull.

Juan Manuel "JuanMa" Lopez won his fight by KO2. But as far as I'm concerned, he's not relavant anymore. No its not because he lost his zero the fight before vs Salido, but it's because after this loss, nay, when he fought Concepcion and Rogers Mtagwa, it should have been a wake up call for him about his weaknesses.

JuanMa has been blessed with fucking BRICKS for hands. But the boy is easy to counter, has no chin, and doesn't know what "defense" means. The result is an exciting, fun to watch fighter who can be elite if he fixes his problems but will be a gatekeeper at best since I feel he wont.

He needs a new trainer/camp to help him with defense, and he needs to stop training in fucking Puerto Rico, where it's so easy to get distracted. when you train you need to get away from your loved ones and focus. The kid, due to losing to Salido, lost a big payday that was lined up for him when he would have fought Yurikois Gamboa, a Cuban boxer with RIDICULOUS speed AND power. These two meeting up woulda been hella good. But Gamboa has payed attention to his weaknesses (suspect chin made easy to peg) by actually fixing his defense, and has also made his punching much more compact, while Lopez, who showed hints of being able to box, is TOO easy to coax into brawling and exchanging, hasn't bothered.

Nishioka beat the always ballsy Rafael Marquez (brother of Juan Manuel Marquez) The guy literally came outta nowhere if you ask me.

Did anybody see Andy Lee's fight on HBO? I got stuck helping somebody move until really late Saturday. I mean I've read about it, but only from people with commercial reporting interests.

Andy pants avenged his loss. Vera was trying to come back, and was a game, persistent challenger. But Andy stuck to the game plan and pulled through, although you could tell he was a bit gassed and a bit worried toward the end as he was on his bicycle, but he kept pumping his jab to keep him at bay.

Not an A+ performance, but a good solid, gutsy effort to make sure he won the fight.

Miguel Cotto split with trainier Emmanuel Steward. Timing seems odd, but both sides insist the split is mutual. I still think Cotto's best plan is to avenge his loss to Margarito and then retire. He's got nothing to proove and I don't think anyone's interested in seeing him fight Pacquiao again.

Thomas "The Hitman" Hearns will be inducted to the Hall of Fame. I don't think anyone in his weight class will ever have the kind of ridiculous punching power that man had.

This saturday's fight was horrible. Dawson via tko2. Hopkins threw a punch, Dawson ducked and shoved him down, Hopkins hurt his shoulder, couldn't continue.

Ref called no foul, Awarded Dawson a TKO victory.

Also David Haye retired. meh.

Edit: This is two fights in a row PPV wise that went shitty on the main event. I am not pleased

Edited by Densuo