Halo Universe

Magnus

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being totally disappointed in you isn't trolling. It's being totally disappointed.

If you can't block swords with a melee attack from other weapons, that means.. you can't block swords with other weapons. You take out the last defense against a man with a sword with a huge lunge zooming towards you. All you can do is stick him and die now. Instead of block, stick, then fall off a ledge conveniently in a display of ability.

Then you got killing someone with a melee while they still have some shield. That makes those spray and wak little duels much shorter and more guessy of who's ready to be hit first. You don't get a clear indication of when it's time to slap your enemy across the face anymore, much less when you should avoid being slapped. Then everytime someone gets hit with some shield that looks like it's enough, errybody starts getting mad. Instead of just having a set time to when to slap.

The whole point of shields was so that damage doesn't bleed through them. If your shields were almost down, it was time to take cover or go Rambo on some asses. Even if your shield never goes down, you could die anyway through some expert shield management.

And then you can no longer unstick yourself with Armor Lock. Like, one of the biggest points of Armor Lock, suddenly removed. And then Armor Lock can take damage now too, so people have more than enough point to throw more grenades on someone locked because they're a bigger target than they were before. It can't be used nearly as strategically as it used to be when everyone can just target you and remove it as fast as possible.

And finally, what was even the point of making Active Camo weaker when it already takes forever to recharge? It already didn't last very long when moving, and can already be seen on the motion radar easily by which dot is moving the most linear. Now it'll just run out faster and take no effort whatsoever to find someone moving while their camo is already expired.

I can't believe I have to explain these things at all.

Well uh lets see...

The problem with swords isn't the sword. It's sprint. Swords are only as good as they are right now because of sprint. Without sprint you have what we've always had and that's ok. So the block really isn't a big issue. Sprint is.

Armor Lock is simply for faggots. There is nothing strategic about it's use. It's just annoying and disruptive. I can see a use for it with vehicle heavy gametypes, but it doesn't belong in non-infantry playlists. It just takes away from the flow of the game.

The shields thing is basically going back to what we had in Halo 2/3 where you had to guess when it was a good time to throw the smack in. It's really not a phenominal task though and just takes some practice. Ultimately, it's a non-issue for competitve play because you should know how much damage you are dealing.

As far as the invisibility thing goes, I don't care. Invisibility doesn't provide Halo Reach anything beneficial. It was done better in Halo 3 as a pickup. In fact, Halo 3 did just about everything better than Halo Reach does.

Any other gripes or complaints about negligible details? The most important change made was the bloom. That actually made a big difference. The rest is just a balancing act for the Halo retards who can't manage more than a 1.2 K/D and think they know what's up.

Edited by Rachis

How can we have what we always had if something was removed? It didn't matter if someone had sprint or not when they had the sword, because you could still block their swings. And now you can't.

Assuming the rest of your post follows such amusing logic, I didn't bother since arguing has always been a waste of time.

As far as I can remember you couldn't block swords in the previous halos.

I find it amusing how you're garbage at the game and are bothering to try talking about the games balance. Good day Mr. 1.18.

Getting better at your games would suit you well rather than bitching about how much you suck on the forums. This was the same case in the Borderlands topic. You're a waste of time.

Edited by Rachis

Nah you're just incredibly full of yourself and twist everything. Not liking what I have to say isn't me being mad. For real, if you aren't good at halo then quit your bitching. It's really simple and nothing I would be upset about. Go get a hug or something. Edited by Rachis

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quit acting like the expert man.

The most obvious signs of skill in this game is your weapon usage.

Your top weapon is the melee and you don't even have positive k/d's with the DMR or the Sniper rifle. coughscrubcough. Compare that to my 2.73 DMR k/d, 2.54 Snipe k/d, 2.21 overall k/d to your 1.18. I mean really? You want to preach to me about sword blocking skills when you can't even fire a gun correctly.

Just stop it dude. You're bad and your opinion about the changes to this game are worthless because you don't even understand it to begin with. If you're really this adamant about looking like the better guy then 1v1 me. I'm sure I could find some time to push your shit in kid.

Edited by Rachis

Those "other things" help against more than just swords buddy. They include power weapon control, spacing (whether it be via sprint or routes), awareness, having a good dmr. You can't stop it everytime and sure the block was useful when it worked, but it should never come down to it. Also, Countdown and Sword Base were the most common sword maps and they both have shotguns. I usually had the shotgun when I didn't have the sword or the grenade launcher and the shotgun trumps sword everytime. The sword block really isn't a big part of Halo Reach whatsoever and while it doesn't affect me I was glad to see it go away.

[edit] Oh and you ninja'd my previous post's edit.

Edited by Rachis

• 7 months later...

The audio quality is completely inconsistent, the controls are so awkward (what idiot put b as crouch?), and the AI is gone. There is no AI. Elites will literally just stand and shoot instead of strafing like they used to. And their shields are super weak on Legendary.

Speaking of Legendary, it means 'fuel rods for every other grunt' on the first level. Good god was that a nightmare.

Otherwise game's pretty. But the audio and ai and controls are driving me nuts.

reviewers generally suck at games

same with Let's Play -ers

the key is instead of taking their words literally, see if you can infer what kind of person the source is, and then approximate what your opinion tends to be in relation to that particular opinion from that particular type of person

like, if some dungeon master type says "interesting" my opinion will probably be "boring as fuck"

Obviously.

However, one would assume that the reviewers had played the previous halo games given the nature of their job. That assumption would lead me to believe that they might have a clue about the entire Halo franchise and be capable of giving, at minimum, partial truths in their review as it relates to comparing Halo 4 to the rest of the franchise. Ultimately, I don't have much of an opinion on the game yet and will not claim anything until I've played the game myself.

One does not simply just take the critics word for things.

I never expected a Halo game to have different pre-orders at five different places.

And exclusive armor for people who bought the console.

Oh my God new Oddball is amazing.

I just passed the ball to an enemy teammate, shot him down, grabbed the ball, beatdown someone trying to assassinate me, then threw it to a third person and shot them to death in the course of fifteen seconds.

It was magical.

... And then I learned Halo 4 only saves one game replay at a time.

I watched a vid on Halo 4 and noticed killcams, final killcam, and other COWOODOODY elements.

I'm glad that while CoD still is the biggest FPS franchise out there, by far. It's fanbase laments what it's owners have done to the series, if only in part.

The rest of the FPS fanboys talk about how garbage CoD games are, yet they are all clammering for more CoD like games of other franchises. BF3's close quarters DLC, Halo 4's new gameplay elements, the list can go on and on.

CoD's weakness isn't inherent to the gameplay style. It's because Activision is a money grubbing pimp who hires half-wits to rehash the best FPS formula ever devised in CoD4. But between their inability to come up with an effective match-making system, to properly deal with cheaters, patch issues as they are found, and create balance (see Deathstreaks, MW3 Perks, Portable Radar + HBS); it still only loses minor ground to other giants.