Pin Prick 2.0

Shirtless Crackhead

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a possibility ya. It's borderline too small, but can be workable. I tried it out for a couple seconds and the lockbox was iffy, and I have little experience with st/nd in pvp (outside of RS/R3 and R3/cannon). I'm thinking with the spammability of R3 and accuracy of fenrir, it can be possible. Sounds like perfect setup for a future fantasy duel! Edited by TMRaven

I tried it out, but I honestly like the lefty dropper setup better.

You can drop it without waiting for it's obscene reload, and it's just there to give you a few shots.

-IF you cause a bust, it sets up more shots (hopefully) and some missile punishment

-if you don't just get some AP lead and abuse the RS + 487 kph speed

I could also go with a Pulse Rifle, I believe in the hangar vs. the 69H but I'd have to tool around with that.

I didn't hear him talking about gen busting, I heard you used it accidentally; then me and LCC where talking and he said the Wraith might be a better option.

It's cool that it genbusted him thou.

Don't be sad my friend.

What's your take on picking Wraith > 69H for it anyhow?

Well like LCC said, Wraith comes out later, and can heat up OB/Gull users; which would probably be better overall than 69H, it also continues any possible heat punishing from the Fenrir.

Except non-OB is far more common than OB, and overheating an ob+gull using bot isn't all that hard in relation to other builds. That's not a convincing argument.

It can definitely be better for specific builds, but to say it's better overall is 100% false to me. hp > wraith = 69h is and remains my opinion.

Well I can't hanger a HP.

And if for all other purposes Wraith = 69H, I'd rather have the one that gives me the ability to punish via heat. Plus it's probably better for CQC since by the time it comes out RM3 will have expended alot if not all of it's ammo, being an AST gun. Combined with Pin Prick's speed once Fenrir is dropped, it also prolly works a bit better for hit and run.

EDIT: I doubt it's that big of a deal either way.

Edited by Enganacious

I think Wraith vs 69H on ur ac is tough to say. It does provide a little bit more heat, but one thing I did notice about your AC is that it's a little low on ammo in general. Left hangar wraith and probably right hangar wraith while getting some additional weight tunes to make up for it is probably best bet. As it is, the design is ever so slightly slow for its box; it just so happened that it fought a design that was decently fast, but not fast enough in the air to really punish the small lock (plus both me and LCC look up) Edited by TMRaven

PD, ya specifically about my bot.

TM, I would say the same, but considering the speed once Fenrir is dropped the ammo issue between Wraith/69H is going to be more about fire control than anything, IMO.

EDIT: I'm prolly gonna screw with dropping some tunes for weight and see what I can do. But I'm also thinking of doing an R3/Fenrir bot too.

Edited by Enganacious

I just looked at Pin Prick again. Wraith is definitely not the superior choice. If you're logic is that handgun comes out to support rs after fen and rm3 have done their job, 69h gives you the superior versatility. It might not fire as fast as the wraith, but its pretty fast and it hits harder. The stun on wraith is a bit better but that's not really a major advantage either when you're using the rs. The consistency and damage are gonna pay off more than the extra heat. Plus it's easier to spam.

None of those are major advantages/disadvantages, so really it's a preference thing, but I'd go 69h.

Owen probably would have burned him either way.

I think I'll add my two fen bots to my garage today or tomorrow.

I wish I understood the defense tiers better so I could figure out how low I should drop any defense tunes to try and fit lefty 69H hanger and righty Wraith.

I'll go with 69H considering your advice PD, and Owen mentioning ammo being a problem w/ Wraith.

I think the best answer is the find a way to fit a 2nd hg under RS and just run dual wraiths/69Hs. If not then either hg is fine. Edited by LCC