Pokemon

EX33396948

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This generations pokedex looks pretty solid. Lots of seemingly viable pokes.

I'm HYPE for:

- Gigigear (even though it's obviously made for double battles, but it might have it's uses. I don't know.)

- Rankurusu (looks good, but whoever made him that slow is a dickfag)

- Shibirudon (I've been asking for something like this since G/S/C)

- Aakeosu (this thing has rape for stats)

- Ononokusu (a dragon that might not get banned!? YOU LIE.)

- Warubiaru (it has a fucking penis for a face)

- Shanderaa (thing looks straight out of MMBN6)

- Randorusu (Ground/flying. I want it.)

- Meloia (just dig the design)

#538 and #539 are just stupid and look like Nickelodeon characters rather than Pokemon.

This. Why are they wearing people clothes? It makes your dachshund look retarded, it makes pokemon look retarded.

559 and 560 are easy runners up in the retarded contest, though. What about 590 and 591? Product placement... In your own game?

But 553 wins the whole thing; It has a dick. On it's face. Where it's face should be, there is only dick.

Honorable mention:

- 537. I will nickname this thing Trig Palin.

- 521. Where's the coyote?

- 569. It's like the Shit Demon from Dogma.

EDIT: They had to have fucked up this pokedex. Look at the evolutions. 588 into 589. LOL WUT. Now look at 616 into 617. LOL WUT. It looks like it should be 616 > 589 and 588 > 617. It's the only way those aesthetics make sense.

Edited by Lenin

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldabilities.shtml

New abilities for old pokes. Let's see what's awesome...

Venusaur - Clorophyll

Ninetales - Drought (I came)

Golduck - Swift Swim

Poliwrath - Swift Swim

Alakazam - Magic Guard

Politoed - Drizzle

Blaziken - Speed Boost (Does he have a shot at OU again?)

Effect Spore is a fine option for Vileplume

Golem gets Sand Veil (Donphan too)

Aftermath for Electrode

Hitmonlee could see some uses for Unburden

Quite a few others get weather heals (e.g. Blastoise).

Of the new pokes, I like...

#555 - Fire Gorilla

#558 - Crab with mound

#596 - Electric Spider

#609 - Antique Chandelier

#623 - Mr. Rockbotto

#628 - WARGLE BARGLE GARRBLLLL

Some of the others I think are O.K., but most of them now form what is the most retarded looking gen of Pokes.

What about 590 and 591? Product placement... In your own game?

Voltorb. Electrode. They need something that can be a Pokemon when you pick up stray pokeballs for items 'n shit. It's not new.

Edited by Antonym

Keanu, you missed my one of my favorite pokemon getting a neat new trick: Breloom got Technician! How does that dream world thing work anyhow?

I'm actually digging a lot of the new pokemon's looks, tbh.

Edited by Colon Mokto

I missed a lot of good abilities on pokes, honestly. That's not even counting the ones that got new abilities that haven't been translated yet. Thing with Breloom and Technician is that Breloom is already sooooooo good with Poison Heal. It is pretty awesome though, no lie. I'm not sure exactly how the dream world works, but apparently it involves connecting to an online feature called the Global Link.

I hated the looks of pokes in gen III, but some of those have grown on me, so maybe some of these ones will too. They just look so different, and in a lot of cases, not like what I've come to expect from Pokemon.

Also, some are clearly just palette swaps, and a few look like they used the same basic models as older pokes.

Scroll down after this and you can find lists of (rather incomplete) articles regarding every Gen V pokemon.

Note that if this site has it's information correct--which it may not--pokemon are evolving on average at a much higher level than usual. Ex: Gen V's Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree and Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill equivalents don't reach cocoon stage until level 20 and 22 respectively.

Pokemon Black, Japanese language, on emulator.

Chick professor, blahblahblahblahblah, the drill is old, the graphics are neato. And you only have five spaces for player names. Goddamn lame.

Of course it's an emulator. We can pretend it's inaccurate until the game comes out and we learn that, yeah, it was pretty accurate.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?...p;postcount=329

Growlithe (and so Arcanine) now gets Close Combat as an egg move.

There's also word floating around that the grass starter's dream world ability reverses the effect of stat boosts/drops. It learns Leaf Storm. High potential if that works.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?...mp;postcount=15 (New abilities)

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?...amp;postcount=1 (Who gets what)

Ditto apparently gets an ability called "Jack of all Trades," which gives it a boost on non-STAB moves.

Look up whatever might interest you in that.

In the poke list, some are there by their number. E.G., Sandslash has Sand Veil/[A146]; Ability 146 is [146] Sand Throw: Speed doubled in Sandstorm.

Awesome.

The one you chose can be used by Slowbro and Slowking, which is just trolling, and by Ho-Oh, which is neat for ubers because FU SR. Also Tangrowth etc.