Noob Design

Glitterbomb

I really have no idea how to make a multiplayer design. This is what I've been using.

Head: Hilbert

Core: 063

Arms: Hilbert

Legs: Soldner-G9L

FCS: Judith

Gen: Gan02

Main Booster: Argyros

Back: BB103

Side: SB128

Over: Linstant

R ARM: ER-R500

L ARM: HLR09

R Back: Dearborn03

L Back: RC01-PHACT

Shoulder: YASMIN

Hangers: Both PG03-SPICA

Tuning....None because I have no idea what would be useful. I have no idea how to make designs, obviously. And obviously I've never won online.

Helps?

~RakeWorm

okay, take a look,

- dropped your both SPICAs. (with this, you'll got more extra EN)

- LATONA arms better for maneuverability and lighter weight. (you don't have to tuning maneuverability when you use LATONA arms)

- boosters set : JUDITH for main, ARGYROS for back, AALIYAH or HOLOFERNES for side.

- if you have much more enough weight, try GAN01-SS-G or AALIYAH for generator.

- try any others laser rifles like ANTARES, ALTAIR, AVIOR...etc, but it's nothing bad about ER-R500. (AVIOR and ER-O705 are laser rifles that I'll prefer to you)

- change YASMIN to something more useful like GUYANDOTTE04.

- try HOGIRE for FCS. (because HOGIRE had more lock range)

- *in case of using HOGIRE FCS* change head part to 047AN02.

- tuning : 50 points to EN output, EN cap, EN weapon skill, lock speed, normal side thrust, QB side, turning. (any other 92 points, your choice)

- *if your FRS point isn't full 442 points, EN output is your first thing to tuning it.* (other that, it's up to you and how you're managing your points)

this is just for only me, I think someone could be better than what I do.

edit : oh, and for reg 1.4 only.

Edited by Tarstrudelvick

I'm not sure where to begin on your frame. It all needs to be redone, you've also chosen the hardest legs to make use out of if those are the heavy RJ legs. Pretty much all of the heavyweight legs are difficult to build on, but if you look near the top of the parts list, you'll see two heavy-midweight legs manufactured by GA. These are top-tier in terms of competition and are extremely easy to use. They're almost half the weight of actual heavyweight legs, but can handle as much load, especially if you tune it a little and they have as much AP as heavyweight legs which is extremely abusable by simply throwing on heavyweight parts for the rest of the frame, or AP / Speed ratio stacking with the Ekhazar core. Try something like Hilbert-G7H / Argyros/C / Argyros/A / GAN02-NSS-L, you'll probably know what I mean if you pay attention to the statistics you'll be getting. I would advise sticking with those leg parts until you're more familiar with the game. Everything else became so difficult to use because from regulations 1.30 to 1.40, FROM raised the weight of legs such as Hilbert by around 3k, and also added about 1k of drain to all of them, making you have to underweight them, and even then, the defense isn't usually worth it.

For now, for your generator, I would stick with using Aaliyah/G for general heavyweight purposes.

Your booster set up is also something that needs to be redone. The main and back boosters you chose aren't really good for any kind of design. Aaliyah/M is better overall than Argyros/M. Either that or CB-Judith are generally used on heavyweights, depending on whether or not you built the rest of the design to be underweighted enough to rush down with middle-ranged weapons, or to play a pure war of attrition which is what heavier builds usually do best. Judging by your weapon choice, you want to play defensively, so you should go with CB-Judith for it's vertical thrust and overall efficiency. The Schedar side booster isn't a bad booster, but it's very ill-suited for anything heavier like this because of it's lower strength. You should usually go with AB-Holofernes for your side boosters, the balance of power, efficiency, and very high QB duration is ideal for heavyweights. Even more so if you learn to chain QB, which is something I find to be important for heavyweights against people playing aggressively at close range. Latona should probably be used in place of the Scheat whenever you're going for low powered energy efficiency for back boosters, otherwise use the Lahire or Aaliyah. Heavyweights don't need to be able to boost backwards quickly if built right, but it's always a great thing to have if you can handle the drain. Your choice of OB was actually very, very good. If you are ever running a GA generator, Linstant/O is hands down what you should be using with it. It'll also work fine with Aaliyah/G, though, so you'll be able to keep it on if you change generators, just be sure you're actually making use of it. If you don't use OB, or very rarely use it, just default to KB-Judith for low equip costs.

You don't really need anything in your hangars for your current weapon set. Pulse guns are also very, very bad weapons. They aren't reliable enough at hitting and they tack on a lot of extra drain for very little actual firepower. The only guns worth anything in the hangars are the handgun pistols, but you still shouldn't need any of them.

If you find that your flares aren't cutting it for you and aren't giving you enough protection from missiles, try out the 051ANAM instead. It has the most effectiveness.

The rest of your weapons might work when on a middleweight GA legged build, but it's still very drainy. You should probably try swapping the Becrux for the ER-O705, it should be nice along with the VTF missiles when someone is getting within 350 range of you. Moving the ER-R500 down to the ER-O200 would also be OK for better energy efficiency, and would go along with the Phact for pelting people trying to close in out of the rail's ideal ranges. You probably need to change it around a bit more than that though and have more shell weapons, but I can't really think of what else to do and don't have my game booted up at the moment.

That's all I'll say for now, hope that helps you out.

P.S. Do NOT listen to Exorcet about the GA generators. They can work, you just need to understand how to build around and make use of the capacity in a safe manner. Most people can't/don't, because they're one-dimensional.

Chode is a pretty experienced heavyweight pilot, too, so you know his advice is pretty sound. Just look at those droopy tired eyes.

I honestly don't know if a G/GL generator would work for a heavyweight, though. I could see them working on other bots, but I feel like a heavy really should have some decent PA to back it up. Otherwise it's just going to be a slower light midweight with more AP.

I'm just going to repeat my opinion that GA gens are worthless in FA. It's all about ENO in this game, much more so than in AC4. If you're always burning out on high ENO gens like ALIYA, something is wrong, and switching to GA gens won't fix a thing. It will just make it harder to get out of the hole once your EN is gone.

The high cap gens are just a placebo because with high ENO, you can more or less always have more EN in supply than you're using. It's a whole lot better running with an EN surplus than it is to go in with a big cap that always needs to recharge. The GA gens also have terrible KP, so it's a lose-lose.

See, you're being one-dimensional because you're only thinking about drainy builds that require output, rather than something that actually complements the capacity and abuses it such as an energy efficient MW with Aaliyah sides to counteract the weight of the generator and then some. It isn't about the requirement of energy, it's about abusing it. Seriously, me and Altair seem to be the only ones who understand this.

For actual heavyweights, I would never suggest having one on for the reason Niji brought up, but they'll work for the MW GA legs. They're fast enough to where they don't need 900+ KP, not to mention KP isn't that important in fA because of how the weapons work. Machine guns in 1.40 will break your shield so ridiculously fast no matter what that it's better to focus on simply not getting hit by PA breaking weapons rather than trying to take the hits. GA generators when being used properly aren't going to make you genbust or choke for energy, but give you 'extra' energy to overwhelm your opponent with. What I mean is, even without pushing the capacity down, the properly built design would realistically be able to fight back against something like a featherweight Eklakh armed prick with Auto-Sight turned on and would have that extra edge when it does use the capacity.

You've said it yourself half a dozen times, fA gives you too much energy to work with, so I don't see what's so hard about understanding the concept of x2 the capacity over 1k of output and abusing it. Output isn't that important. It's kind of like how people can choose Judith over Lahire, though that's a much smaller example.

I've made AC's with ridiculous amounts of ENO. I'm not being 1 dimensional, and I'm not fixated on drainy builds. I'm being realistic. The cap doesn't give you anything ever.

You're right that GA gens aren't exactly dry wells when it comes to ENO, but the only thing they offer is cap, which isn't terrible important (nor is it something hard to come by, ALIYA/G is not low cap). SS-GL/NSS-GL weighs as much as ALIYA, but the ENO is quite a bit less and it has less KP. RIGEL has more ENO and KP than the GL's at only 2/3 the weight (if I recall).

All three are useable. GL provides cap, ALIYA provides max ENO and KP, RIGEL provides low weight with the same EN as GL and more KP. You can abuse GL's cap, when you have it, but once you do it just becomes an overweight RIGEL with less KP. Cap isn't a continually useable thing. You need to have the capacity available before you can use it, so from the get go, it's limited compared to ENO, which is always "on". FA is pretty fast paced, you want to be ready to go at all times. Sometimes you might even need to be in constant motion without the chance to sit behind cover at all. ENO can cover all of those situations, so you're better off just abusing ENO in place of ENC. If you've got a design that's low drain and built to abuse GA cap, you're just building a vanity AC around a mid tier part. The AC would be better off with ALIYA/G --> more EN, more KP, same weight.

I've said it a dozen times, and I'll say it again, FA gives you more EN than you need. That EN is the ENO. Detune gen output in FA and the bottomless EN goes away. What you need in FA is output that exceeds what you're using. When you reach that, cap just fades into nothingness. Every AC should focus on ENO, because cap is just a gimmick.

I think you are too one dimensional. While I agree with you that GA generators are nearly useless in FA, they were the go-to generators in AC4, which for some reason you never thought to be the case. Every AC should not focus on cap. GL and G generators in AC4 being top generators proves that. Judith generator being better than Lahire generator in FA proves that. Your choosing to use G84P generator in a Last Raven AC when G91 does everything better proves that.

i prefer higher eno than higher enc in fa

i think eno provides more cap than raw cap does since itll be adding en continuously at a higher rate

its like rebuilding a small/medium building with 20 guys compared to rebuilding a large building with 15 guys (a bit overexaggerated but you get the gist of it)

besides, on a heavier AC, i would want more KP anyways so i could get around with OB much better

if you really wanted to use a GA gen effectively though i think youd have to get more experienced with the game first since its a bit harder to use than pure eno

so for now, you might want to stick to aliyah/g or something else with good eno until you get a good feel of the game. then you can decide for yourself which gen you like more

i dont like rigel/g though. id rather use lahire or judith

and yeah, exorcet doesnt even play fa. hes nuts

also, you need help with tuning?

the first stat you should always ALWAYS put 50 points into (top priority #1 MUST) super important must-have is your energy output stat.

after that, the next top priority is your weight capacity. if your ac is too heavy, keep throwing points into your leg load capacity until you arent overweight anymore (the weight bar gray and not yellow)

lets assume your ac has no weight issues and needs no points!

so after that you want to tune for a heavy

a really important stat for heavies is leg turning speed. throw 50 points into that

thats 100/442 so far

after that consider throwing 50 points into your KP if you have a GL generator. if you dont, do it anyways. more kp wont hurt

you should also throw points into side QB boost (50)

200/442

if youre using heavyweight arms and have problems with tracking down lighter ACs, throw 50 points in to arm maneuverability

if you use missiles, sometimes its a good idea to throw points into both normal and missile lock speed (judith = 42 in missile lock)

keep in mind that missile lock does not solely rely on missile lock speed. it will also rely on your normal lock speed as sort of combined thing

292/442

still 150 points

if youre going to use en weaps on your arms, beef up your en weapon skill stat with 50 more points. thatll add more punch to your lasers

now youve got 50 points left

you can throw this into stability or radar refresh rate or any QB power stat

if you want that extra defense, you can throw 50 points in PA core retification

this extra 50 could also be used for your leg weight capacity if you ever need it

the above tune setup should suffice for now.

if you dont have all 442 FRS, the most important stats to fill to 50 first are:

ENO

turning speed (for HWs)

load cap (if needed, since you might be able to shave weight on your actual ac)

and then after that its pretty much your choice on what to tune next

I determine whether I want Output>Cap or Cap>Output based on what my current EN Recovery is and which boosters I plan on equipping. I prefer Cap if it results in 22k EN Recovery with low-drain boosters. I prefer Output if it results in 23k EN Recovery with high-drain boosters. Even choosing what type of legs I want to use can determine my preference regardless of the boosters. If I choose RJ legs I prefer Cap. If I choose quad legs I prefer Output. Half of the time boosters alone can make all the difference regardless of what generator is used if one is stressed for energy. Edited by Nine Breaker

if my total EN cost is lower than 14k and didn't have any en based weapon(s), just LINSTANT/G for gen is fine.

I think GA gen isn't totally worthless that much like Exorcet said (IMO) what I think is if your bot heavy, you'll need both of EN stats (ENO and ENC), if you build it heavier, you'll need much more cap for longer EN usage. (in short, more heavy = more cap)

and all of HW design(s) also need more enough KP output, since natural of HW thing is so slow and easier to be the target, more enough KP will help you have a chance to survive.

well, have a boosters set for offensive heavy AC?

I think you are too one dimensional. While I agree with you that GA generators are nearly useless in FA, they were the go-to generators in AC4, which for some reason you never thought to be the case. Every AC should not focus on cap. GL and G generators in AC4 being top generators proves that. Judith generator being better than Lahire generator in FA proves that. Your choosing to use G84P generator in a Last Raven AC when G91 does everything better proves that.

???????????????????????

???????????????????????

????????????????????????

???????????

wUt

We're not talking about AC4. Yes I mentioned AC4, but we're not talking about it, or cap would matter. My staple in AC4 uses SS-GL. I've been saying for years that AC4's big three gens are SS-GL, SS-G, and MAXWELL. When have I not believed that the GA gens were the go to gens in AC4?

FA and AC4 have nothing in common, nothing. Nothing I've said relates to AC4. Or LR. Or anything but the EN swamped mess that is FA.

But, to speak of AC4, the top gens weren't there because of cap. They were there because of ENO. I'm not down playing cap, because it was a valid stat in AC4. Cap is what made GN-HOGIRE barley passable in 1.4. But overbearing ENO is the reason why G, GL, and MAXWELL dominated. The GA caps were their strong point, and it's what they offered compared to MAXWELL's ENO and KP. In AC4, it was a worthwhile trade. FA destroyed this balance. In AC4 it's very hard to make more EN than you use. In FA, it's nearly given.

Edited by Exorcet

Ya I know you'e talking FA only in the post, but I'm attacking your thoughts on AC in general anyways. It's just what I do.

I still don't know why you think KP is a valid stat. It's not an important stat in both AC4 and FA. Guess the two games do have something in common huh.

It's less important in FA, but it still matters. KP is the only reason why FA isn't a one gen game. SOBRERO would dominate otherwise. That gen might actually be the best choice; I was never concerned enough to compare it to ALIYA/G decisively.