King of Fighters XIII

Griffon

Been meaning to make this thread for a little while, gauge the interest levels here.

I'm admittedly a bit new to the King of Fighters series. I've been aware of it, but always wrote it off as "a shitty Street Fighter ripoff" and left it at that. But after witnessing KoF XIII at an arcade a while ago some friends and I decided to look into it. Sure enough, most of the games couldn't really stack up to SF but we found the few that certainly did and gained an appreciation for them and how they were different from SF.

Now KoF XIII has pretty much been my sole reason for returning to the arcades. Don't get me wrong, I'm complete rubbish compared to the regulars, but XIII has perhaps one of the most appealing systems I've ever played on top of being the best-looking fighter I've ever seen. It's a bit faster and more combo-heavy than previous KoF and SF games, but not to the extent of Arc System games like Guilty Gear and BlazBlue, seemingly landing somewhere in between, where combos are effective and can go a while in the hands of a skilled player but not nearly as necessary.

So yeah, I've become a huge fan of this game and cannot wait for it to come out on console this October, with new characters and stages, it's gonna be great.

i was about to make a thread about kof13 but though of it as "ACU wont probably like it because its an SF ripoff" so i kinda hesitated

the art and animation sprites in this game art far the best i have a seen in any 2d fighting game (dont count SF since they're using 3d model). This is because they have revamped the sprites for the HD generation.

the game from the arcade has gone from a good series of balancing and the game mechanics has also improved.

so yeah, i might return to this game since kof 2002 UM since i think the scene for this game could possibly grow. (the only reason i stopped playing this game is because everybody else is playing SF or Tekken.)

I JUST PRAY TO THE GODS THAT THEY WILL HAVE AN AWESOME NETCODE. or at least patch the game and improve the netcode

currently practicing King/Kula/Terry on the PC

Edited by atdsutm

I don't really play fighters but I've always liked KoF more than SF. I think I generally like the art and character design more, is why. Funny that's been what has gotten the most mention so far with you guys. Godly minds think alike, clearly.

Oh the pre-order swag for this is buff. It's like a 4 disk OST.

idk about classic Iori but I know the email from Atlus specifically stated the 4-cd OST. Knowing Atlus they threw in other stuff. Those guys love giving free goodies with pre-orders.

http://www.amazon.com/King-Fighters-XIII-P...6108&sr=8-1

no mention of Iori thing here.

But that's not what I was getting at, Griffon. Atlus didn't mention Iori. I'm not concerned with Amazon or Gamestop or whoever. The publisher hasn't mentioned Iori, yet. If you want I can forward you the email from Atlus. The email went out the same day as that article was printed.

I'm not going to say it isn't possible because I know Atlus loves giving free stuff out, but I haven't seen anything official is what I'm saying.

Here is the image from the email:

http://www.atlus.com/res/kofxiii_faithful_cdreveal_crop.jpg

Like I said earlier, if you want the email itself I can forward it to you.

Hmm, well I guess we'll just have to wait and see then. :(

I don't even really care too much about Iori, I'm more hoping that the inclusion of Billy Kane means the rest of Outlaw Team will be returning as well.

Edited by Griffon

Oh, if I were to pick this game up I'd probably run Athena/Mature/Elisabeth. Likely what I'll do if the BBCS2 update this fall with Relius turns out to be a bust.

i thought it was just an arcade update, is the console version already announced? (aside from psvita)

but looking at what arcsys has been doing now, they have been doing well in improving game with updates,GODLIKE NETCODE and game balancing. (CT was bullshit).

i hope KOF13 will be like this in the consoles.

Me too. They've got Atlus's help now and they claim they're working hard to optimize the online system.

dude i got the demo from jp psn and well it wasnt very impressive, and i like kof more than sf

You did, huh? 'Cause I certainly couldn't find it.

Edited by Griffon

KoF XII was terribad, because it was released unfinished. KoF XIII is pretty much the finished version of what XII should have been.

I am sick of paying for fixed versions of fighting games.

KOF12 to KOF13.

Mvc3 to UMvC3.

SF4 to SSF4.

SC4 to SC5.

Patches to fix broken games and DLC to extend on it instead of making a full new game for it? Out of the question! MORE DARK PHOENIX!

Me too. They've got Atlus's help now and they claim they're working hard to optimize the online system.

If it's any consolation, Atlus works their ass off on things. The online for demon souls was great at first but eventually it got shitty, I think it's mainly because they were doing maintenance less often and I'm not so sure they expected it to go so hard for so long. They'll try though, that much I'm pretty sure about.

i thought it was just an arcade update, is the console version already announced? (aside from psvita)

but looking at what arcsys has been doing now, they have been doing well in improving game with updates,GODLIKE NETCODE and game balancing. (CT was bullshit).

October 25th is the NA console release date. Two days before they get it on consoles in Japan.

Yes, but Blazblue's patch actually made all the fans hate it, since it pretty much removed a lot of combos.

BlazBlue: Corner Shenanigans.

Seriously, I was never a fan of BlazBlue at all. Calamity Trigger had awful balance, CS1 was the slowest shit ever and nothing happens in CS2 without a corner. It's on the Guilty Gear engine, it should be good, but the fact every character is a goddamn rusher and any character that isn't is just as braindead. Every characters BnB combos, setups and tactics seems to be the only thing they can do, anything else is either not as good or a piss poor use of meter. So it's all nothing but button memorization no matter what you're doing, and that's really not what the Guilty Gear engine was made for.

...Wait... this is a KoF thread. SRRYGAIZ.

BlazBlue: Corner Shenanigans.

Seriously, I was never a fan of BlazBlue at all. Calamity Trigger had awful balance, CS1 was the slowest shit ever and nothing happens in CS2 without a corner. It's on the Guilty Gear engine, it should be good, but the fact every character is a goddamn rusher and any character that isn't is just as braindead. Every characters BnB combos, setups and tactics seems to be the only thing they can do, anything else is either not as good or a piss poor use of meter. So it's all nothing but button memorization no matter what you're doing, and that's really not what the Guilty Gear engine was made for.

...Wait... this is a KoF thread. SRRYGAIZ.

:(

Edited by atdsutm