Dust 514

Liarbird

Well, no one's brought it up yet really. but this game is supposed to be linked to EVE online, which looks to be quite the undertaking. While people pewpew in space above. ps3 gamers may be able to affect the battle from the ground.

http://www.dust514.com

Battlefield EVE?

The fact this isn't on PC is a load of shit.

Especially when there are a hell of a lot more aimbotters on the more hacked PS3. Yet PS3 gets special content, too.

LOGIC, HOW 2?

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkjspwvWUW1qdowxpo1_500.jpg

Its always gotta be about console choice with you, doesn't it?

No, it just doesn't make any sense. MGO alone is riddled with aimbots. And PSN was hacked out the wazoo.

But these genius developers decide console is the way to go because there aren't aimbotters or hackers, AND go with special content for PS3.

Stupidity is infuriating.

Normally, most console/PC specific choices that were otherwise unnecessary are frustratingly dumb. Depending on the system or console you use, you will get what you get. This kind of thing happens all the time.

You overly mad for something that is commonplace.

Actually, You can blame Microshaft.

it was originally going to be on 360 as well, However. Microsoft has this really massive issue with -cross platform anything- and Dust 514 crossed with EVE is enough for Microsoft to say 'hurr nope'

Edited by ^Slaanesh

If they can't have it to themselves they don't want it?

Seems pretty hypocritical considering how they pay to have all the new DLC toys before competition and expects them to have no issue.

Delicious, assuming what your saying is true of course.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/027/027065.html It was cancelled for 360 yeah. Need to find the meat. so googling.

Paydirt. http://outpostgamez.com/outpostgamez/artic...14-vs-xbox.html

Yeah, Microsoft when it comes to Xbox Live wants to pretty much hog all information to LIVE itself. So the only way you get cross platform with LIVE, if for the other game to be part of the LIVE system. (For instance, Shadowrun.) However, cross platform play is possible. as the Developers of Defiance proved.

http://kotaku.com/5813740/i-saw-the-playst...60-but-you-wont

Microsoft simply will not allow cross platform play. Even if it's possible through the netcode. They want total control over anything that goes through LIVE. The only exception, is Final Fantasy XI. ^ Article explains that.

Edited by ^Slaanesh

1 million ISK is chump change compared to a lot of shit.

I can make 1 million isk in 5 minutes.

No, I mean that 120 million ISK could buy a battleship, 1 million ISK could buy a destroyer.

The prices don't make sense when you compare the items in the EVE continuum.

Microsoft hates cross platforming with PC because they've tried it before. A mouse was too much of a challenge for a controller to go against.

Dunno why they wouldn't with PS3, though.. A controller for shooters could easily beat nubs and flippers.

Microsoft hates cross platforming with PC because they've tried it before. A mouse was too much of a challenge for a controller to go against.

Dunno why they wouldn't with PS3, though.. A controller for shooters could easily beat nubs and flippers.

This sounds highly opinionated

The real reason Microsoft doesnt want to cross platform, is because of the fact that Xbox live is a paid service, and PC gaming largely is not, PSN is not either.

xbox has party support and chatting between friends on different games as a plus over PSN. There is little difference in latency, and both systems suffer from hackers and modders. psn more often than 360 however, though I'm glad I never played MW2 on 360, what with he max-rank mod rooms. just going to one was enough to nail you a permban from xbox li- oh wait, and that was in ranked matchmaking. It happens.

I knwo because it happened to me on PC, in ranked matchmaking. went from level 25 to level 70 just for joining a room.

and then I immediately said fuck it, uninstalled Mw2 in fear of VAC banning

Yah, it's too bad the gameplay video is of what seems to be 1 human player vs a bunch of AI (or really bad players?) and then they show that command support ship costing more than a Megathron. Lol. Ok. 270,000 ISK for a high tech combat suit, sure. Even 1,000,000 is fine. 120,000,000.00 ISK for a ship barely bigger than a frigate and doesn't have need for technology like a warp drive, etc. You're kidding me.

That ship is quite literally like 1/20th the size of a mega, if not smaller. Frigates like Rifters are nearly the size of a 747, after all. Idk. Those prices are crazy. Maybe they use some kind of advanced floater technology which costs a lot of cash money now.

http://www.growingyourbaby.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/09261a.jpg

Who knows? Either way, I'll probably give Dust 514 a run to see how it plays and works.

I would find immense pleasure in being able to shoot down a Dreadnaught from a planet. I think that would bake my cake, rock my roll, twist my twizzler, cork my bottle, etc, etc.

• 6 months later...