EKHAZAR | AALIYAH/G

Booster :

JUDITH | AALIYAH/B | LATONA | KB-JUDITH

Armament :

ANTARES | 050ANSR | PHACT | KAMAL | -

Hanger :

- | -

TUNING

- 50 points tuning : EN output, EN cap, maneuverability, lock speed, back thrust, back QB, side QB, turning.

- 42 points tuning : (update later)

STABILIZER

0, -3

- multiple combats AC. (but mostly focus on defensive combat)

- middleweight biped legs frame.

- based on what I'd know about Miyamoto Musashi.

- with EKHAZAR FCS, it makes all of sniper things fine, even with TELLUS arms.

edit : change FCS, booster line, weapons, and notes.

so what d'ya think?

Your legs are NSS-L models.

They are classified as middleweight, but carry all the speed restrictions and issues of a heavyweight.

Therefore, they are basically heavyweight legs. Or, Mid-Heavyweights, with distinct advantages ONLY for a heavy build really.

I do not understand what you are going for with the Dearborn.

Your legs are NSS-L models.

They are classified as middleweight, but carry all the speed restrictions and issues of a heavyweight.

Therefore, they are basically heavyweight legs. Or, Mid-Heavyweights, with distinct advantages ONLY for a heavy build really.

you have it the other way around

NSS has all the advantages of HW legs with the speed restrictions of a MW

- why not? DEARBORN02 (also 03) is good. btw, you (or somebody) could think why I use NEMAHA01 not 061ANRM? it's because I don't wanna waste other 30 warhead without using.

- about NSS legs, I'm just pick some legs for more defense, and I'm using TELLUS arms for same reason too.

- personally, I didn't count LATONA legs to MW legs class because it's too low stability. but yeah, LATONA legs have much more load than WG and AALIYAH.

NSS-L are good for defensive bots. Glint and Aaliyah are more often for defensive bots with the option of going forward (specifically moreso the Glint legs whereas Aaliyah is for mid-light AP gouging). With Taurus' weaponset any of those legs are fine. NSS-L suits his current frame the most, though.

And Latona legs look like shit and play like shit against tournament-level designs.

On another note, I don't agree with Schedar on the NSS-L. The big thing, since you're going to be a defensive AC, is your lateral movement. Having a powerful side boost allows you to both dodge and backpedal into the position that favors you the most (plus, it affects your quick turning ability too which is great on defensive ACs). Personally I'd use Lahire, but that's not everyone's thing so try Holo or Aaliyah too.

OH ALSO TOO. Either pick an FCS with better dual processing or arms with better maneuverability because the low dual processing compounded by the low maneuverability is going to make the Antares/049ANSC combo really difficult to use.

I'd already tried with LAHIRE side (actually AALIYAH/M | LAHIRE | LAHIRE for main, back, side) and I'd feel like too much power and duration.

but nothing bad if I'll tried again.

so b, 063AN05 is the better choice for FCS?

Yeah 063 FCS is good.

And the thing with the powerful side boosters is that you really don't need to ever go forward if you have the right set up for a NSS-L AC--you just sidepedal the whole time. You don't have to worry about overshooting or anything because most of the time you'll be at a range where the duration of the QB is just about powerful enough to play a position game. Anything closer and you just use the sidebooster to gain distance.

I don't know whether or not this is light and energy efficient enough to actually benefit from stronger sides, but "excessive duration", for a build like this, is just about one of the dumbest things I've read since Raven's Pride. This is still a heavier build mostly geared towards defensive playstyles. I'm not going to go into detail with this because this should be extremely obvious. Application of boosters to heavier designs in general should be at this point, but no, most of you don't ever actually learn anything. It's why I am once again seeing heavy-mids with Schedar and no Aaliyah/B to insure that the build doesn't get smeared all over the floor by any kind of half-decent Auto-Sight abuser.

You guys have fun with that, I think I'm done giving advice until AC5. I was in the midst of writing that heavyweight guide the past couple of weeks and stopped because my father passed away a few days ago. I'm just throwing it into the trash now, along with the rest of my thoughts that this game could ever reach a respectable level of competition. Waste of my goddamn time.

You guys have fun with that, I think I'm done giving advice until AC5. I was in the midst of writing that heavyweight guide the past couple of weeks and stopped because my father passed away a few days ago. I'm just throwing it into the trash now, along with the rest of my thoughts that this game could ever reach a respectable level of competition. Waste of my goddamn time.

it's not that really true, the thing you've done would be much more useful for me, and there're nothing wrong about what you did, it's just nothing absolutely to be like this. and I'll say it again, the thing you've done would be much more useful for me. (in shorts : I'm just didn't use your thing for this case, and what I think will be abnormal for sometime like this)

and......................

sorry about your father Chody. (hope you're still ok. if not, I'm still hope you'll be ok soon...............)

edit 1 : change "dad" to be "father".

edit 2 : back to AC things, today you may have no one understand you, but someday you will. (in shorts : don't give up)

Edited by Taurus

I keep getting lost with what the bot is being built for. I imply it is heavy (or a beginning to one) and then am told its just defensive middle. Then I make a comment on that and Chode indicates I had it wrong again and its a heavy anyway. I would love to just weigh the damn thing myself by putting it in, but I can't find the disc.

I apologize for crushing your dreams Chode. I guess FA isn't ready for you.

And on a very serious note, sorry to hear about your father. This seems to be happening to many people I know. And it's never been easy for any of them. Not going to say I understand, because I do not, I haven't truly had a loss that hit home like that, but sorry you have to go through it.

Chode had it right. It's more specifically called a "heavy-mid." I'm pretty sure calling it a mid-heavy like you did early on in the thread says, "A middleweight for a heavy-class bot," rather than , "A heavyweight for a midweight-class bot."

Besides, no one called it anything besides Taurus, actually, who just said it was a midweight leg (which isn't technically wrong). Nob said it was a leg with advantages from both heavy- and mid-weight legs, and I called them NSS-L frames.

Regardless the general idea is that, like noob said, it's an AC that is defensive--focusing on high defenses and above-average AP--and has enough speed to make minor range adjustments. NSS-L fits this criteria moreso than Glint, Aaliyah, 063AN, Lancel, or Latona for the lighter legs as well as Hilbert, SS-L, SS-LL, and Soldner for the heavier legs.

Well I don't use Holofernes on heavier ACs, but that's just based on my ideas of boosters that I only have anecdotal support for. Like I'd rather use Aaliyah or Lahire on the heavier frames because they have more QB power, which means you accelerate more quickly as opposed to accelerating for a longer period of time. I mean I don't know where the diminishing returns of using a lower power, longer duration booster overlaps that of the higher power, shorter duration ones.

Honestly, though, I think the differences are so minute that it doesn't even matter--just use a high power booster.

I keep getting lost with what the bot is being built for. I imply it is heavy (or a beginning to one) and then am told its just defensive middle. Then I make a comment on that and Chode indicates I had it wrong again and its a heavy anyway. I would love to just weigh the damn thing myself by putting it in, but I can't find the disc.

I apologize for crushing your dreams Chode. I guess FA isn't ready for you.

And on a very serious note, sorry to hear about your father. This seems to be happening to many people I know. And it's never been easy for any of them. Not going to say I understand, because I do not, I haven't truly had a loss that hit home like that, but sorry you have to go through it.

if you read many of my old designs (especially about what is Chody said)........well, Vince........I think you shouldn't said that.

Chode had it right. It's more specifically called a "heavy-mid." I'm pretty sure calling it a mid-heavy like you did early on in the thread says, "A middleweight for a heavy-class bot," rather than , "A heavyweight for a midweight-class bot."

Besides, no one called it anything besides Taurus, actually, who just said it was a midweight leg (which isn't technically wrong). Nob said it was a leg with advantages from both heavy- and mid-weight legs, and I called them NSS-L frames.

Regardless the general idea is that, like noob said, it's an AC that is defensive--focusing on high defenses and above-average AP--and has enough speed to make minor range adjustments. NSS-L fits this criteria moreso than Glint, Aaliyah, 063AN, Lancel, or Latona for the lighter legs as well as Hilbert, SS-L, SS-LL, and Soldner for the heavier legs.

yeah, b, I said that. and for me, NSS-L, SS-LL, and TELLUS, these legs type are at-the-border-between-middleweight-and-heavyweight-class. with these legs, you could also set to middleweight (I think it could be light as LANCEL if you set it right) or set the bot to be heavyweight. btw, even if you set it heavier, you're still have a bit advantage by moving like middle class. (not fast as, but aggressive like middleweight)

if you read many of my old designs (especially about what is Chody said)........well, Vince........I think you shouldn't said that.

That is just it though. He is the foremost authority of heavies in FA but... well, no one else can play much of any design as well as he can heavies. The game, or at least what last shreds are left of it's community, are not ready for him. I hope you aren't misinterpreting that as in insult. Because it isn't.

yeah, b, I said that. and for me, NSS-L, SS-LL, and TELLUS, these legs type are at-the-border-between-middleweight-and-heavyweight-class. with these legs, you could also set to middleweight (I think it could be light as LANCEL if you set it right) or set the bot to be heavyweight. btw, even if you set it heavier, you're still have a bit advantage by moving like middle class. (not fast as, but aggressive like middleweight)

Okay.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, if you're fine with the Tellus arms' tracking, then you might as well just go for Argyros and start working towards a AP- and PA-focused AC with EN and ballistic defenses being the second priority. Hilbert doesn't have much to offer in terms of defense compared to other heavy arms, with the tradeoff being high performance.

I'd already tried for ARGY arms too, it's also fine like I thought, just a bit heavier than what I want to be.

btw, something make me think again about this so......here is what I've done for now,

frame : 047AN02 | ARGYROS/C | LATONA | GAN02-NSS-L

internal : EKHAZAR | GAN01-SS-G

boosters line : AALIYAH/M | ARGYROS/B | LATONA | KB-JUDITH

weapons : ANTARES | 051ANNR | PHACT | KAMAL | -

with this, I'd make it lighter for more focuses on multi-range bot ASAP. maybe a bit heavier for someone, but in this case, I think GAN01-SS-G for gen is fine because it boosted up my boost duration to 3k while AALIYAH/G will gave me just around 1.6k.

btw, did it work? (I shouldn't edited an update for now, until I got this thing good enough)