SoulCalibur V

Bakuhatsu Pengin

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just talked with my friends who has this game and apparently, this game has the best net code of all console fighting games. Input lag is virtually non-existent. I am not surprised because SC4 also had great net code. The only time I lagged playing SC4 was playing against Art. I may end up buying this game. Looks really fun. I will probably end up using Pyrrha. I had always been a Cassy and Sophy player. Edited by Honest Frank

So I just talked with my friends who has this game and apparently, this game has the best net code of all console fighting games. Input lag is virtually non-existent. I am not surprised because SC4 also had great net code. The only time I lagged playing SC4 was playing against Art.

Wait, we fought?

I only remember playing it like once. I really have to stop buying fighting games.

Feel free to add me for matches, picked up the game yesterday and promptly made a Solaire for it lol.

Have to agree with the netcode, I've Mortal Kombat and KOF13 and neither can compare sad as that is to how smooth my matches have been on this one. KOF13 is getting better slowly bit by bit though, the last patch helped it quite a bit.

Just bought this game at my way to school. I will play this game tonight!

Wait, we fought?

I only remember playing it like once. I really have to stop buying fighting games.

We played thrice. The first time, we had a long laggy session. We only played twice for our second session, and once for our last sessions, all laggy. I think you stopped playing Soul 4 afterwards. That the last time we played online together. I think I sent you a couple CoD4 invites but you didn't play the game.

I don't know why our games were so laggy though, considering that I never had issues with the other peeps at RH.

Edited by Honest Frank

Man, I suck at this game. I tried to beat Kilik for a good half hour at Legendary Souls Mode. Can't do it. Maybe this is a sign that I should learn to play this game properly instead of mashing buttons. Either ways, I am going to master the Devil Jin style and Yoshi. You can bet on it. Edited by Honest Frank

i beat kilik in legendary mode after like 40 tries hes a fag

the main thing is being able to block/read lows and punish instead of end up being punished

i got to lvl53 (all CaS and weapons unlocked at this level) and i gotta say theres less crap than i had expected (same, if not less than the amount of items in SC4); however, the pattern/decal system and the 3 put-items-anywhere-slots more than make up for this

and if you want to know how to rank up fast

-go to quick battle, find an E5 opponent (i use viola AI lady that wears pink(search option is a godsend (N and S america/beginner)))

-use cervantes or raphael

-map B input to X button

-use turbo on X or mash X manually with a wireless controller

-watch a movie or something

-???

-profit

alternatively, you can spam beginner arcade mode and practice combos and get ~800xp per playthrough, which is on average 5 minutes

the ending is pretty good

Pretty funny video. Game is probably going to attract furries now.

Anyway, who buys a fighting game for the story? I mainly liked Souls for its fighting mechanics. I'll be buying this one but not any time soon. Interesting how they actually tried to progress with it though.