Lost Planet 2

Adonael

I'm looking forward to this game. Too bad they can't make up a mind on a release date.

Sweet sounds of enemies hissing and growling. Running around with your friends, blowing limbs off of random insects. Listening to your friend as he screams like a little girl as he runs from a Dog. And to the noob who kept throwing incendiary grenades into our teammates.

Ahh the love of a grappling hook.

Anyways, Who around here is interested in the game?

I had some good times with the demo. I'm probably buying this when it hits the shelves.

Hopefully it doesn't go from May to next year.

• 1 month later...

This thread sucks in lack of videos and details and doesn't even have a capitalized p, which someone should be completely ashamed about if he's a Lost Planet fan at all.

With the full new customization LP2 offers, I'm over it like crazy. You can edit your appearance completely, and unlike Halo, bring your customized character into co-op, instead of just competitive. As well as customizing special abilities, and what weapons you actually see.

To clarify on the last part, weapons are now weapon groups, and depends on what weapon you have set in a group will determine what weapons you see. Say, you pick Gun Sword of your Machine Gun type. Someone puts down there Machine Gun near by, and it turns into a Gun Sword for you. This spreads across rifles, grenades, close range, handguns... Not sure if it affects VS weapons.

I'm open for co-op the night LP2 is released.

Also, this.

http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/frankthetank/large/87283153edaf53804942fd6b02e3a214.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Lost planet 2 Multiplayer demo is available now. This demo features deathmatch and data post battle, with a small taste of weapon customization. Well its more like weapon chooser. Anyways, I thought I'd post it for those who are interested.

Actually it was available for all yesterday. U: PSN gets this stuff late.

I wish they had more weapons in the demo, though. I love what they did with the Hand Cannon. That thing drills its way to victory.

I don't agree with the Revolver being under Close Range, though. Especially since I've been SNIPING with it.

• 2 weeks later...

So, yeah. Turns out Lost Planet 2 sucks. They tried to hide the originality of Lost Planet under a mess of impressions from Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, Devil May Cry....

Every boss is pretty much a giant monster that takes not skill, but a lot of patience to kill. If you do an action, you should be counting your own frames so you know what not to do when fighting an akrid, apparently. Every level that could be long is abruptly cut into tiny pieces called Missions, just so someone can be scored, nor does the end of a mission count as a checkpoint. So, if you die at the end of a Chapter, you go back to the first mission in it.

Oh. And in the first one, you could get hit with an akrid combo, but normally your harmonizer would heal you automatically, so you could at least survive a cheap death. Especially since they were so rare. Now? Combos galore, and a manual harmonizer. You will die for no good reason nearly 100% of the time. (Snipers can instantly kill you if you're out in the open for two seconds!)

Edited by Obscure

So, yeah. Turns out Lost Planet 2 sucks. They tried to hide the originality of Lost Planet under a mess of impressions from Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, Devil May Cry....

Every boss is pretty much a giant monster that takes not skill, but a lot of patience to kill. If you do an action, you should be counting your own frames so you know what not to do when fighting an akrid, apparently. Every level that could be long is abruptly cut into tiny pieces called Missions, just so someone can be scored, nor does the end of a mission count as a checkpoint. So, if you die at the end of a Chapter, you go back to the first mission in it.

Oh. And in the first one, you could get hit with an akrid combo, but normally your harmonizer would heal you automatically, so you could at least survive a cheap death. Especially since they were so rare. Now? Combos galore, and a manual harmonizer. You will die for no good reason nearly 100% of the time. (Snipers can instantly kill you if you're out in the open for two seconds!)

I've heard from a quite of few people that this game is disappointing compared to what it could of been. I'm still going to buy it though and form my own opinion.

Oh and Obscure, How many difficulties are there? I'm just curious on how long this will last me.

Snipers in campaign in Legendary for Halo are damn near 100% accurate to your face so....

I haven't played Lost Planet 2 yet though so I'll reserve official opinions for later. I didn't like the first one all that much, but I've been recommended the second so I'll see what's up.

Well, I just bought LP2, and here are my thoughts.

The training levels are tough, being set as world records by koreans or something. But other than that, the game rocks. I passed the training pretty nicely, despite it needing perfect scores to continue onto the next phase of training. But that's fine, since you don't have to train.

The customization is very nice. i started off a little bare, but things got better as I went on.

The campaign so far is great, and lived up to the hype I had for it. It was a little odd though that this game is primarily a co-op experience, which makes single player a challenge. But that's fine. Games these days need to rely on Co-op some more. '

Overall, it did NOT deserve the crap from the critics.

Edited by Pendragon

3-3 Was pretty easy, you can hide a bit below the lips on the containers and make pot-shots on the turrets with a rocket launcher to easily get up to Railway Gun. The boss too was pretty simple. Took a little while because I was doing SP, but you dont even have to use the Railway Gun to kill it. The gun turrets with infinite ammo will knock out the cores pretty easy. I like episode 4 the most, the episode boss is pretty tight looking.