Mass Defect 3

Magnus

And here in retrospect I had high hopes for ME3. I found it quite surprising how multiplayer's a bit fun though, despite it having no other reason to include but to milk itself around with a bunch of digital face-slapping dlcs. Overall movement has become more fluid too thanks to that anyway, but I still prefer that clunky sprint from ME2.

Either way I won't play it as soon as it gets released. For now there's ACV; robots & creatures irl who look like humans that communicate with frustratingly annoying symbols.

I still find it funny that he complains about content about not being on the disk. What, does that give the excuse of content being on the disk and not being available to everyone? I think not. Or how about Final Fantasy XIII-2, where they're making the ending DLC.

I'll see if I can't get the N7 Edition, or whatever it's called. According to Bioware, another team made the DLC 3 months after they finished the game. If not, whatever, I'll just get the DLC later. Probably much, much later since money's a little tight right now.

About this Prothean... meh. And about the boycott, don't boycott the game, boycott the DLC.

Edited by Clones

I think you missed the point entirely. The content is done and the game's not out. People without the Collector's Edition are locked out from playing the full game. You have to pay more money for the finished product. Twenty dollars more for Americans, and a staggering twenty pounds for Bri'ish chaps.

If the game's not even out yet, it's not really DLC. It's part of the game you're not getting if you don't buy the full version for a lot more.

I think you missed the point entirely. The content is done and the game's not out. People without the Collector's Edition are locked out from playing the full game. You have to pay more money for the finished product. Twenty dollars more for Americans, and a staggering twenty pounds for Bri'ish chaps.

If the game's not even out yet, it's not really DLC. It's part of the game you're not getting if you don't buy the full version for a lot more.

Ah, I see your point. Forgive my... stupidity.

@Artdeux I wonder what's going through that Farmer's mind right now.

Oh yes, turns out I won't have enough money to buy Mass Effect 3 till April. Yay for not having a job!

Edited by Clones

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone is mad.

http://i40.tinypic.com/mmfl9d.jpg

EVERYONE. IS. MAD.

No one on /v/ will shut up about how bad this is. Straight up taking images and ideas from other places, not even really changing them that much, so much one dimensional writing, SO MUCH LAZINESS.

I've been following this for a while. You should see the Bioware fans try and deny this. The defenses I've heard range from pathetic to outright rage-worthy.

"THEY DON'T WANNA SPEND TOO MUCH ON CHARACTER MODELING"

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE TALI. SHE'S NOT IMPORTANT"

"THEY'RE ROYALTY-FREE IMAGES, THEY'RE FOR EVERYONE TO USE"

And of course, the phrase "gamer entitlement" keeps being thrown around. Yes, I'm entitled because I want a little quality when I pay well over 100 dollars American to get the entire MAss Effect experience.

So apparently, the Mass Effect 3 Infiltrator phone game has the ability to make the ending of ME3 "better," while in that game itself, you can buy credits with real money.

http://www.cinemable...aign-40226.html

http://kotaku.com/5890923/mass-effect-infiltrator-presents-a-slice-of-the-galaxy-thats-not-worth-exploring?tag=gamingappoftheday

And there's a TF2 style box system in place as well with equally constantly disappointing results.

http://venturebeat.c...-3-multiplayer/

Mmyeah.

Edited by Obscure

If you don't have an interest in multiplayer or mobile apps, though, don't fret. Playing them to increase Galactic Readiness is completely optional. You can attain the best ending in the single-player campaign without playing either.

From an article in the same site you posted about the mobile game.

When it comes to the multiplayer, spending 100 dollars on it is a waste. You get 15000 credits from playing one full game in the lowest difficulty, and they only bought spectre pack, the most expensive ones. While the spectre packs does give you the best way for you to get rare items, there is only one rare in each pack you get. Most of the time, you're better off buying the 5000 credit pack or the 20000 credit pack to get the most out of the money.

Basically, spending real world money is something completely unnecessary when it comes to the multiplayer, as you get enough to get what you need without having to play that much of it. EA or bioware aren't the first to do it either.

I know ppl bid or even sell in-game money or items for multiplayer games way before me3 came out, so I don't see what the big deal is. My co-worker told me people make WoW accounts just to make money and sell them to ppl that want gold for their character.

All of the stuff that requires real world money to obtain isn't anything that is needed to "get the best ending" or "to be better at multiplayer". They're just there as an option.

EDIT: here's the link to that article.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Mass-Effect-3-Ending-Improved-By-Mass-Effect-Infiltrator-39335.html

Edited by Ethos

The game was pretty good, the ending just fucking blew. The last 5 minutes basically disassembled the ME universe and left so many questions unanswered.

It basically made the choices from the first two games and rendered them pointless.

found this pretty funny:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/03/12/mass-effect-3-opinion-video